The time of the Orc has come!

Moderators: jony, Adam

LouisH
Been here a while

The time of the Orc has come!

Post by LouisH » Sun May 29, 2016 11:09 am

As there's may be more Orcs coming along to Skully I've made this topic to discuss everything Orc life related.

Orcs have major lifestyle changes to make in the New world. Our old god is dead and so we lose our religious traditions.
I'm also unsure as to how many orcs and goblins survived the war or made it through to the new world. I doubt there were many portals in the mountains and plains.

Taking inspiration from the old world Orc brief, we've lost the most important part of our lives, our clans and our traditions.

So it's time to rebuild and adapt as orcs do. I'd love to make a new clan for all skully orcs and work out our god situation.

So post on here all ideas you want to share. We shall make the Orc great again!
IC: Fezlack of Fezlack's Finer Fings!

R.I.P: Maku 'Kin-Seeker'
OOC: Louis

crass
I Remember the Rejection

Re: The time of the Orc has come!

Post by crass » Sun May 29, 2016 12:48 pm

Talks are on going, costumes,convincing people that playing arthritic elfs just wont work. Do we need gods by the sound of it the ones we had didnt help. us so stuff the gods.
The time of men is over now is the time of the orc.
(Ding dong the witch is dead Which old Witch? wicked witch ding dong the wicked witch is dead)
Nomad Warrior Without Clan

crass
I Remember the Rejection

Post by crass » Sun May 29, 2016 1:21 pm

Dont forget the orc has allways been respectful of the spirits this new world has spirits so we shall do just , Elm told me the orc will allways have the spirits and the manling god was nodding when he sead it.
(Ding dong the witch is dead Which old Witch? wicked witch ding dong the wicked witch is dead)

LouisH
Been here a while

Post by LouisH » Sun May 29, 2016 4:04 pm

I'm keen to have our honoured ancestors worshipped too.
Had a few ideas and some "orcish" words to go with them.

Myself and Kit thought it would be fun to be able to "speak orc". It'd be gibberish but sound a bit like Dothraki or something.
Then we'd have a few key words so you can get the gist of the conversation.

Examples:
Fhuss; (just like Foos-ro-dah, basing words on phrases people would remember easily) The feeling or orc joy. A good fight, a healthy and prosperous clan, living free. They all give orcs the feeling of Rhuss.

Fhuss Avar: (Avatar of rhuss): An honoured ancestor. Can protect against the Rhuss Hollok
Fhuss Hollok: (think hollows from dark souls): Sad spirits. Orcs who have very little Rhuss in their lives (typically slave orcs or outcasts). These spirits return to feed on the joy of the living, known to make younglings ill.

What'ya think?

Pete
Heard of Lands Veteran

Post by Pete » Tue May 31, 2016 11:49 am

From Horik (My Orc) Elm has taken the Orcs as his adopted children. That doesnt make us Elves in the slightest and it doesn't mean we have to worship him like the Elves do. Our old traditions and customs can stay but modernised to fit in with Elms teachings.
Horik, Priest of Elm

LouisH
Been here a while

Post by LouisH » Tue May 31, 2016 12:57 pm

I am glad you have found your place Horik. You have strong friends with good hearts.

You have accepted Elm as is your right. But you chose Elm.

I did not ask to be 'adopted'. I will choose my own way. Why should we be asked to change our ways?

You know I have chosen another. A choice I made to seek out our people across the realms. I found them with Marakas, legions of them.

When the time comes that the mist is defeated, I shall ask that they be given freedom to leave her armies and choose to live where they please.

I fight for our people and victory against the mist. Let us stand together as Orc and see it done.

kit
Passing through

Post by kit » Tue May 31, 2016 6:47 pm

(Karnak, returns after travelling betwixt the clans.)

Our people have grown weak, all of you. Some cling to the Gods of lesser races. Others forget the old ways. Do not forgot tradition. We are of the earth, shaped from the rock of the dead world. We do not change. We survive.

You were all born under earth mother, remember our ways. You were all taught to respect our ancestors, to respect the spirits of the wild and the storm. Remember As long as Orc hearts beat, so beats the drum of all our ancestors. From Hongzu, all the way back to the first Orc, we will hold them all sacred.
IC: Karnak
Proud Orc
OC: Kit blundell

Pete
Heard of Lands Veteran

Post by Pete » Wed Jun 01, 2016 3:56 pm

It looks like we all need a good long chat.

The Earth Mother is gone, alone with the so called spirits of our ancestors. The Earth Mother revealed herself as I'Dome, The Puppet Master and the Great Darkness. Her words and those of the ancestors where lies and manipulation to bring the end of our old world. From the beginning us and the Goblins were mere pawns in her games, we weren't the only ones all races have been manipulated.

Now she has been slain, and even though she was stopped another ended our world. We stepped through into this new world bearing the sparks of the Gods of before. The Earthmother was not a god, her spark if she was to have one has not come through to this world. She has gone and so have the ancestors.

That is the fact of things. It is a time of change, what we were before has gone. The Ancestors will not answer you they went with the Earth Mother, the voices that will answer your prayers now will be that of one of the three gods that exist in this world Greenman, Arkane and Elm. I do not wish to force gods on any one, but I wish to make it clear the current standing of things.

Look to worship however you wish but all I remind you is that Elm has given us a place, he will answer out prayers when no one else will and when we die we are now part of his cycle. Go worship as you wish but know that we are all bound to the cycle.

I cannot be happy for your worship of Marakas, she is a dark god with to many resemblances to the puppet master, she is the god of those who invade us and has threatened the three gods that inhabit this world already. I hope this does not bring us to blows in the future but Marakas has positioned herself as such.

Karnak it obviouse you have been away long and do not understand what is currently going on. Those who do not change/adapt stagnate and die. You call us weak? I have never seen your face, what are your great achievements that make you strong? And I ask you to mind your words. I take great offence against those who insult my God. These "lesser" gods are what have kept this new world from being devoured by the mists. If you do not appreciate this I suggest you show your strength and walk into the mists, show how great you are compared to these "lesser" gods.

If they are weak how come they live and the earthmother/puppetmaster does not live?
Horik, Priest of Elm

StephenReynolds

Post by StephenReynolds » Thu Jun 02, 2016 6:18 pm

Karnak you were happy to sit under the Greenman and Packs protection before. Mind your words.

Gods are shaped by our worship. Worship of Marakas or returning to worship of the Earth Mother is a danger to this world. If the Puppet Master rises again all that were lost in the old and all our sacrifice would be for naught.

crass
I Remember the Rejection

Post by crass » Thu Jun 02, 2016 7:31 pm

Ok so the god situation is a bit messy but we must all agree that banning conkers' in orc schools must stop.

LouisH
Been here a while

Post by LouisH » Mon Jun 06, 2016 3:19 pm

Our old ways may be fading as the old world burns, but we must be sure that new ways are still our ways.

I have seen the worlds beyond and spoken to the orcs I found. They live as orcs do and worship Marakas as I do. They keep their traditions.

We are not alone in this new world. If there are orcs here, we must find them. If the puppet master is dead, then what do these orcs worship? Gods of the old world are returned to these new heavens, but who do they meet there?

Horrik, has Elm spoken of gods he has met?

crass
I Remember the Rejection

Post by crass » Mon Jun 06, 2016 5:12 pm

Dont forget This is a ooc page things are getting a bit ic

Pete
Heard of Lands Veteran

Post by Pete » Tue Jun 07, 2016 10:45 am

Yeh best bring this over to the IC forums XD
Horik, Priest of Elm

crass
I Remember the Rejection

Post by crass » Tue Jun 07, 2016 1:42 pm

Dont do that just use it for what its for more to orcs than haveing a god or not haveing a god

LouisH
Been here a while

Post by LouisH » Wed Jun 08, 2016 9:38 pm

Back to OC.

How should the orcs speak and act?

The more I look, the more I like how the Wildlings from GoT act. Not afraid of a hard life, trust their own people most as everyone else is usually an enemy.

As for voice, I speak normally but struggle with big words. Kit made a good point about how we might struggle with the common tounge.