New Rulebook 2018

Moderators: jony, Adam

Nate
Sleep never fell upon his eyes; but he kept sure watch always

New Rulebook 2018

Post by Nate » Sun Apr 15, 2018 6:43 pm

Hi all,

We are finally now in a position to release the final, finished and totally complete (until I find an obvious mistake) rulebook! This will be uploaded onto the main site, but in the meantime can be found in the Skullduggery LARP facebook group, along with 'patch notes' (for those who don't videogame, a list of changes between the previous edition and the current).

I would like to draw your attention to this previous post:

viewtopic.php?f=39&t=14444&p=83438#p83438

This should have answers to most questions regarding the new rules and you, but as we are now complete, I can answer a few more with a bit more detail.

Skills: Most of the changes will have resulted in players gaining skills, and despite the changes have been very straightfoward to automatically process behind the scenes. As such, unless there is a desperate issue that cannot be resolved, we will most likely not allow free respends. Honestly I'm not sure why you would want to based on this rules change as the paths with significant changes have very much gained a lot more than has been lost, but I am happy to discuss this with you at an event, and if it comes to it, we can work something out for you. What we have done is migrated every character across, which means many of you will not need to do anything, just go out and enjoy the new skills you have.

Unfortunately due to the number of people we won't realistically be able to let you know before the game exactly what you have, but I have pasted at the bottom of this post the skill changes that were pushed out, so if you have an old character card, you can compare your skill codes to the new skill table, and you'll be able to see what you've had swapped out. I will try and get a nicer format produced, but I wanted something for you to see straight away, and I can't promise I'm going to have the time before the game to work this out.

If you have been given a skill you don't like/want, we can work with you to pick something else out, as long as your character is legal in the system this shouldn't be an issue (you can't as a level 4 character suddenly only have 3 level 2 skills for example). If you have a skill you crosspathed for that is now locked, you will need to repick something in its place, this can be arranged when you come to take a skill over the weekend. In other words, skill you don't like/can't have? We'll fix it when you register your skill pick.

If your character card has a skill starting ZZ (for example ZZ2), then you have flat out lost a skill. But fear not, this skill is a placeholder that you can change for another skill that you can legally take, please do this when you get your first skill pick for the event to save a massive queue at GC. The most obvious example is Literacy is now free to everyone, so if you have literacy on your character, enjoy your extra skill.

Backgrounds: You will be free to change your background to or from any of the ones that have been modified. I suspect 'magical focus' will now be somewhat popular, and 'experienced' we hope is now quite appealing.

I think that covers everything I need to say, other than a massive thanks to all who have been a part of this process. The list is on the last page of the rulebook for those interested.

See you all in 5 days time I hope.

Nathan

Appendix: Skill code transfer
Level 1
SH1 ZZ1
LIT ZZ2
FIA PWO
BL1 ZZ3

Fortitude
IST TGR

Clarity
SH2 SHI