I had that dream again

A place for in character roleplay

Moderators: jony, Adam

Dan L
Some scrub...

I had that dream again

Post by Dan L » Thu Jun 14, 2018 7:18 pm

You were there. And you, and you! It was like... It all happened at once, you know? I could remember those first days, when everything was small and simple. There was that woman, you know, that queen, who aged backwards. And those glowing eyes. Gods, do you remember them? They really screwed you up. And then there was trees everywhere, and we were back in the city. And there was the vampire. And, by oak and ash, then there were zombies everywhere! Do you remember that? No? Huh. I swear you were there. You know, when the mortals stopped pretending they were immortal. I'm sure the Sentinel and his kin kept blabbering on about it. Anyway, so there we were, on top of this hill, and suddenly there's curved blades and porcelain faces everywhere, and this elf in black, and then there was war, and star crossed lovers at each others throats... Do you remember that?

I do.
2008-2013. I burned the world and broke player characters.

Now I am just a scrub.

Dan L
Some scrub...

Re: I had that dream again

Post by Dan L » Fri Jun 15, 2018 7:13 am

Did you hear that? It sounded like a great battle at the edge of the wood alongside an old wall was suddenly silenced, as if one of those gods went 'shhhh'. The warriors crept on, whirling spinning wheels of steel and bronze and obsidian, their feet light on the floor. Oh you should have seen it. It was beautiful. When was that? Oh I don't know, was a very long time back. Or maybe just a handful of years. Could have been this weekend just gone. It's hard to tell. That tall one was there. He would tell you. Oh, he's dead? That's the problem with things. They keep dying. You should have seen it, it was great.

Anyway, I was telling about this dream wasn't I.

So there was this big hole, and these figures that looked like elves but weren't. And there was a sack of potatoes. Or did that come before? It's hard to tell. Anyway, there was a pig. And a fox. And this giant ape. And a hedgehog. She was important. Must have been. So then there was a man shouting about being perfect and destined. Then he died. They all do you know. Then there was a door. And a blacksmith and some feral wolves. I remember ravens, and counting the leaves.

Then the green queen came.

Do you remember?

I remember.

Now I am just a scrub.

Dan L
Some scrub...

Post by Dan L » Fri Jun 15, 2018 7:24 pm

That was a good dream. I wish you could have seen it, could have been there. You would have loved it. But everything was so good back then! Yesterday. Or was it seven thousand years ago? It's all the same in the end. There was that time in Brabham, when they sang in the fire mist, and that time when we watched that man in gold and brown sitting with the trees. What do you mean you weren't there? I was... now I know you.

You were there with the prison weren't you? I remember that day! The scarlet man! He was great. You remember him, don't you?

I remember him.

Now I am just a scrub.

Dan L
Some scrub...

Post by Dan L » Wed Jun 20, 2018 6:31 pm

Did you see the choices? It was amazing, how the two old men, hah I know, me calling them old! how they got people thinking, without telling them anything. They were amazing. The whole subtle movement. Mad men they were. But then so am I. We would have been friends. Do you think? Anyway. There was that other one too. He was sad. You could see him get cold like someone had told him he couldn't be him any more. But I think I saw him yesterday. Or was it a hundred years ago? I think he looked happier. Or was he just dead. I think you were there. Or it was just before you. Or maybe I'm thinking of someone else. Anyway, where was I?

Oh! The fires! They were pretty. I got to look down at the glass once. You could see it from a long long way away. I think I was flying. Or was I asleep for that? It doesn't really matter though. There was just this huge storm. Hot dust on this black glass. It looked like an old bottle on the beach. If I was an ant to an ant and the beach was as old as the world. I remember thinking, when did that happen? Or was it that it was going to happen? I... Hmm. Who are you?

Oh yes. I was going to talk to you about the path. You walked it didn't you? The one that changed? Did you know the way?

I didn't.

Now I am just a scrub.

Dan L
Some scrub...

Post by Dan L » Tue Jul 03, 2018 6:35 pm

There was a crow. Or was it a murder? One made of the whirling wheels of a hundred hundred black wings, whistling and cawing with one voice. I remember it like it had happened but yesterday. It couldn't have been longer than a day at least. It could have been smoke? Perhaps it was both the crow and the smoke. Perhaps it was a spirit. I like the spirits. They don't like me. They don't like being remembered by old things like me. But there was a mist, and this smoke crow, all wings and wisps, carrion and ash, and a fallen bough. I remember it. I remember it because it just happened to me.

Did you see it? Did you see me? Because I saw you... And you I know.

Do you know me? Maybe you've forgotten.

I haven't.

Now I am just a scrub.

Dan L
Some scrub...

Post by Dan L » Thu Jul 05, 2018 7:15 pm

This is a stranger thing than most. Everything is out, just a fraction. Familiar things made odd. It is not as I remember it. But the people, yes I remember them. Hmm? Oh yes, it wasn't that long ago. Well alright it was. But not that long ago. I remember going to bed one night, and not waking up til morning. By that time it was winter! So you can understand how this goes. Aaaah they were good days. So you were from then, well, not them, but you. And I? Well, I suppose I was from both times. And the bits before and the bits between, and perhaps a little of the bit afterwards. And now I'm back here. Strange times.

Nightmarish, wouldn't you say?

I would.

Now I am just a scrub.

Dan L
Some scrub...

Post by Dan L » Wed Oct 10, 2018 6:21 pm

Isn't it amazing how little things spark almost forgotten stories back to life? A long time ago, at the edge of the lake where the gods fell to earth, there was a place like this. I went there once. There was a tension in the air tighter than any I had ever felt. It was a bright spring day in the middle of autumn, and there was a fervour. Do you remember them? The chanting, drum thumping hordes? You could smell the belief, feel it polish your skin, stroke your cheeks, for a mile in every direction. There was fear too.

But it was a good time to be alive. Hope prevailed and everyone was happy.

Isn't it amazing? Isn't it amazing how little things drive your thoughts into terrible roads of whatifs and mayhavebeens.

But the curtains have been pulled on those roads. And now we come to another place. Another time. A new beginning. I remember so many new beginnings. I wonder what happened to some of them, the story keepers. I always wish I had a chance to talk to the scholar. There was that orc. And that fae. And that elf, who people kept trying to persuade me was actually a teapot. I never understood that. I think one was an almost, one was titled, and one was a fool. I wish I could have spoken to them.

Maybe I will.

Now I am just a scrub.