Calling the New World Council

A place for letters and announcements, any backchat will be moved to another forum.

Moderators: Adam, jony

Kainzthemage
Been here a while

Re: Calling the New World Council

Post by Kainzthemage » Sat Oct 10, 2015 2:57 pm

To whoever it may concern,

I Kainz Ironguard would like to put myself forward as a independent council member, i joined you just past 2 years ago and though i know some of you more than others i consider us all equal despite what personal beliefs and feelings we have. i have done my best both as a Mage Afacian and crafter to help anyone i can. But i believe i can help more by gaining a seat on the council
I hope i can be atleast considered
Thank you for your time

Kainz Ironguard
IC = Kainz Soulzin. Water mage in the Mage's Council, ! of 3 Founder of the "Order of Storms"

OOC = David Currie (always happy to help)

MarcLucy
Been here a while

Post by MarcLucy » Sun Oct 11, 2015 9:48 pm

After speaking with King John McJohn, i shall be representing the Nosque in this council meeting,
Unfortunately King McJohn shall not be able to attend as my secound, so for the time being Keir shall be standing in.

We have much to discuss.
IC - Lord Axa'rein or Jackson Shrike (Same character just different names)
Aethling of Nosque
Head of Armourers - New World Trading Company

OC - Marc Lucy

DarkShadowia
Been here a while

Post by DarkShadowia » Mon Oct 12, 2015 3:19 pm

A way in which the disenfranchised can be fairly represented would be to have guild representativeso.

Noting some Faction leaders are Guild Leaders also, so an easy amendment is a person can only represent one group.
OC: Stephen
IC: Prof. Edgar Rostonburg

StephenReynolds

Post by StephenReynolds » Mon Oct 12, 2015 8:12 pm

There are no faction leaders on the council. We made ourselves exempt from standing. If you have an issue with the makeup of the council you will need to address that to the Council. I have suggested and proposed that there are 2 independant candidates and it will be up to the Council to decide whether or not to make this permeant when we next stop. The new arrivals from Sanctuary probably warrant their own representation in addition to these 2.

The Guild representatives has merit, however, both the Alchemists and the Healers Guild Heads are Pack, Malkon and Priests and neither of us are on the Council currently. I feel having three representatives on the Council albeit from different backgrounds all being Pack members sends the wrong message. The Council is free to over rule me on this though as they have the authority here.

StephenReynolds

Post by StephenReynolds » Tue Oct 13, 2015 4:24 pm

To make it clear I wish to address the Council. I have explained its previous makeup and invited a couple of others to send representatives to discuss the reformation of the Council to reflect our current travelling group. I am not in charge of, nor am I a member of the Council itself. I am there to speak to the Council itself, relay some information and raise an issue I would like discussed. I will then happily take questions on any of the issues or information I have bought before the Council prior to leaving them to their meeting.

The makeup of the Council moving forward will be something for those present to discuss and make decisions on. If you wish to be invovled as an independant representative Edgar then please put yourself forward, so far only Kainz has taken up my suggestion of 2 independant representatives. Due to lack of volunteers he will likely get the position if it is made permeant.

MarcLucy
Been here a while

Post by MarcLucy » Tue Oct 13, 2015 4:54 pm

I am the voice for the Nosque, not the Nwtc or for my vested interests in the Armourers Guild, i believe the individuals that are apart of this Council should be a voice for their faction/race, not a voice for business or guilds, if those individuals have issues that need to be raised to the Council then i believe they can attend as and when the situation arises, but not as permanent members of the Council.
IC - Lord Axa'rein or Jackson Shrike (Same character just different names)
Aethling of Nosque
Head of Armourers - New World Trading Company

OC - Marc Lucy

pat
I Remember the Rejection

Post by pat » Wed Oct 14, 2015 1:04 am

Scales, I have read your points and they all sound fair. On guilds surely the guilds can be invited when needed.

On a second note, is it worth haveing a agenda for this meeting to help keep it organized. If so I am happy to arrange this if people bring there points to me.
Dr Ezeakiel of the traveling hospital and star courts

raspin
Passing through

Post by raspin » Thu Oct 15, 2015 8:52 am

I agree with the points made. I don't see how, in good faith, it would be possible for guild delegates to represent their members when all of their members are from varying groups and should already be represented by other members of the council.
Lord Sicarius Grim of House Fortuna

What is Akarne's Mercy? Death!!!

StephenReynolds

Post by StephenReynolds » Thu Oct 15, 2015 10:29 am

Sicarius there are people who aren't affiliated with a cultural or racial group.

For instance the Malkon is historically a fighting force that went abroad out of Darkwood. It isn't a group that represents all Elves in our travelling group. Edgar and Kainz are Afacian by birth (I believe) but are not members of House Fortuna.

It is people like them I don't wish to see 'fall between the cracks' and have no representation. Hence my suggestion of 2 independant councillors.

My request that 2 members attend from each group is so there are plenty of representation for discussion and have a clear deputy Councillor. I would expect future Council meetings would only occur between 1 member of each group. But as I have said all along that will be for the Council to decide the exact format moving forward I am merely using my position to push for the groups reformation.

Currently delegates have agreed to attend from:
Pack
Nosque
Silurians
Fae
Degan B'earth
Malkon
Sanctuary
House Fortuna
Kainz - Independant Representative

Note some of these are cultural groups and others are large groups affiliated under other lines such as Religion or military. There is however, little overlap between these groups as far as members go currently.

Katie
Been here a while

Post by Katie » Thu Oct 15, 2015 3:32 pm

Scales, when is it that you wish to proceed with these discussions? I'd very much like to be there but fear that I may not be able to attend.
IC:
Asha Smoothleaf, Leader of the Malkon.
Defender of the Trees.
Head of the Healer's Guild.
"Who's this chucklef**k?"

OC: Katie

raspin
Passing through

Post by raspin » Thu Oct 15, 2015 8:43 pm

Scales, I agree with what you say regarding the independents and everyone should feel they are represented. It was specifically the suggestion of guild representatives I was referring to, as others have also mentioned.
Lord Sicarius Grim of House Fortuna

What is Akarne's Mercy? Death!!!

StephenReynolds

Post by StephenReynolds » Thu Oct 15, 2015 8:57 pm

Asha I had hoped to hold this discussion when we next stop. I understand we will be moving back to Afacia City for the winter.

That's fine Sicarius I was just making sure everyone was on the same page.

DarkShadowia
Been here a while

Post by DarkShadowia » Thu Oct 15, 2015 10:56 pm

I would be happy to attend as an independent, so long as the council is happy to welcome me.

Information sharing as well as distribution is key if we are to thrive. I believe the increase of this to be why we did so well at Afacia as well as Darkwood.
OC: Stephen
IC: Prof. Edgar Rostonburg

StephenReynolds

Post by StephenReynolds » Fri Oct 30, 2015 7:13 am

If it sits well with the current council members I would like to address you all after we have eaten on the Saturday evening once we arrive back in Afacia City.