Book of the Honoured Dead

A place for letters and announcements, any backchat will be moved to another forum.

Moderators: Adam, jony

StephenReynolds

Re: Book of the Honoured Dead

Post by StephenReynolds » Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:54 am

Though I did not know either of them may Ark of Afacia and the unnamed Beastkin find rest in the after life. They died defending their homeland from the Southern invaders.

David of Shea
Heard of Lands Veteran

Post by David of Shea » Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:47 am

I met Ark briefly at the tournament held in Afacia. He was a good man and a brave fighter who never shied from danger. Afacia could use more like him. He shall be missed.

King Marius
Now playing: Ult Ramarine, Professor of Unusual Geography, University of Hoch Katheder.

"To say we cannot is lazy. We cannot do this, we cannot do that, we cannot know this. I know that we can."

Tessandra
One Cloudminder forgot

Post by Tessandra » Wed Jan 16, 2013 8:04 pm

To Lirael

Twas a hard task you set yoursen,
Even for a fae, to woo the wookie.
Just a turnip, some tea, my single sen,
Nowt else... but you'd disagree.

Just a turnip farmer's daugh'er
And married to mi sword,
But something 'bout me awed yeh,
And yeh would not be ignored.

Not a day went by there wa'nt another gift,
Aye, you were persistent,
And though I'd blush I would not shift,
You know I was resistant.

You offered to change your shape to suit me,
Touched my arm though't was clothed in chain,
But abundant turnips were crisp and juicy,
And your efforts all in vain.

No more the air fill'd with banshee screech,
And yer singing in't leading us t' tavern.
Those hands won't pick the grit out my wounds again, and they'll never heal so well...
And the gears of war keep turning,
And I plough on,

But now this turnip don't taste
as good as I remember.
No titles, just turnips.

IC: Hazel Ser'oth Bytheway
OOC: Steph, dirty hippy

mickeyin
I Remember the Rejection

Post by mickeyin » Wed Apr 10, 2013 2:40 pm

Bluebell, friend to many, family to some.

Your sacrifice for your friend was a noble deed, even if we do not understand, you had your own reasons.

May you be forever happy in the summerlands
Smurfs are a way of life...

OOC: Matt...or it or whatever people usually wanna call me

IC: Le'Sar ^^ R.I.P Bastian

mark
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe...

Post by mark » Sun Jul 28, 2013 7:02 pm

Lady Arinthalia Greymist

Avatar of Summer, wife and mother. Taken from us by small minded people who acted before they knew the truth.

We will meet again, my beloved, in this life or the next. Your children miss you.
Playing Classic: Tyrel Turanion
Widower, warrior, leader.

"We will walk this new world with new purpose."

Wyldefire: Javed Ullah Jasved Ben Laughing Crow "The Drophammer"
Smith

StephenReynolds

Post by StephenReynolds » Fri Aug 02, 2013 11:53 am

Aki

Green Knight, Disciple, Friend

Though you strayed from us at the end your choice and conviction does you justice. I am sorry I could not save you.

StephenReynolds

Post by StephenReynolds » Sun Sep 08, 2013 7:38 pm

I am sorry my brothers and sisters.

Freya Duskenwood

Kargath said it best, he was a brave stag. His time with us was cut too short.

Maude

You sung with the spirit of a Beastkin and licked our wounds. From your actions I know the very heart and soul of who and what you are.

Dirus

When you walk in our new world remember him. You footsteps tread accross his broad shoulders. He made the ultimate sacrifice so you could live.

Crash

I am so proud of you. You are Kargaths cub in so many ways. You would have been the Alpha we needed and I am sorry I will not be able to look up at you as you beat me to the floor and take your rightful place as my Alpha.

Free Peoples I promised you my Packs protection and I failed you. For this I am truly sorry.

Alison
Defender of the HOL

Post by Alison » Sun Sep 08, 2013 10:13 pm

Skorm De'Hades.
Loyal soldier, true comrade and excellent cook. Once Lost, you found a home with the Order and served it well.

Father Gregor Steinbjorn, chaplain of the White Rose and lately head of the church of Akarne.
A man who never feared to speak his mind, to defend the weak or to stand up for what was right, no matter the personal cost.

Sir Tiberius Trask: voice of the king, quartermaster of the White Rose, master armourer, my friend and mentor.
Many saw only his stern exterior but those of us who were fortunate enough to count him a friend saw another side too. It was an honour to learn from you and to fight beside you. May you find your way to Verity's side once more.

Sir Duncan Mohrville, royal master at arms and commander of the forces of the White Rose.
Retiring in person yet formidable on the battlefield, a true leader of men who inspired those of us who were fortunate enough to fight alongside you.

Lady Eloise Neville, Head of the Order of the White Rose, diplomat and fighter, spinner of words and defender of Afacia.
As your brother did before, you gave everything in defence of the people of Afacia. I am proud to have served you, proud to have fought beside you, but proudest of all to have called you my friend.

You died as you lived, defending those who could not defend themselves. Those of us who remain will do all we can to ensure that the Order of the Rose in the new world is worthy of your memories.

In Blood we Serve, in Death we are Judged.

Ever Vigilant.
Last edited by Alison on Mon Sep 09, 2013 5:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Classic IC: Hrafnhildur Eriksdottir of the Iron Ravens
RIP Mere, fae of wood and water
RIP Lissa of the White Rose
Wyldefire IC: Nasreen ullah Ardshir ibnu Jau'an Shaghal

Haven36
One Cloudminder forgot

Post by Haven36 » Mon Sep 09, 2013 2:30 am

Orik Ironguard of Dormar; husband to Havedra, father to Khuz, Rhunki of Dormar, Master Crafter of the Mages Council. May he walk with his ancestors and wait for his family in the Halls of Thor.

Drejak of Marnak, named Grimtooth as he sacrificed himself to the new world. He did not shirk from what was asked of him, he is to be named Paragon of Honour. May he be welcomed into the Halls of the Ancestors with his name.

Dorin of Telomar, Shield bearer. Quick to drink, slow to anger, he finished what was put before him. May he be welcomed into the Halls of the Ancestors and find reconciliation with his family.
Tom

Avery Bonaduce, Silurian trader
Tatunghut of Umhlaba, the City of Scholars. Exploring the duties of being a Ritual Circle(RIP)
Orik Ironguard, formerly Goldcutter. On a mission to make Dwarves cool again!! DONE!(RIP)
Helios, Child of the Sun(RIP)

mark
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe...

Post by mark » Mon Sep 09, 2013 4:43 pm

The war is over but the cost was too high.

Angavere, human of the Malkon. You fought by our side and picked up your brothers and sisters when they were wounded. I know you lost faith for a time when Elm was slain, but we never lost faith in you. I hope you fought well and killed many before you fell. Rest now, we will meet again in the next life.

Rodastyr, Warrior of the Malkon. So short a time we had together, yet it felt like you had always been there. When i see you next, i will bring the beer. Look after Tari in the afterlife.

Tari, Warrior of the Malkon. Your time with us ended too quickly, but you have left behind more than we could say. Take care of Rodastyr.

Loobie, warrior of the Malkon. Your energy and enthusiasm will be missed. Walk with Elm in the heavens.

Aranar, Mage of fire. You burned so brightly with Elm's fire, i know it will light your way back to the Cycle.

Ida, Elf of the Wilds. You were a credit to your people. You died next to your brother, and i am sorry i was not there to die with you. Darkwood will embrace you upon your return.

Guil, Blade of the Malkon. You leave behind your wife, but so much more than that too. I will remember you until the day i die. Your courage, honour, bravery and love are something every Malkon should aspire to match. I know you loved feeling dirty, and you loved feeling cheap, but your memory will remain pure. We will miss you while you stand with Elm.

Tyr Lathain, Chosen of Winter. Brother, there are no words to fill the gap which you have left in my heart. I will miss you standing by my side as we face whatever foe may come against us in this new world, the new world you gave us all with your life. My children will miss you, the Malkon will miss you, but the echo of your voice will never leave us. We were blessed to know you. Be at peace now, brother, we will remember you.

Tathar, father, brother and hero of the Malkon. It has taken me some time to be able to write your name in this book, father. I cannot believe you have left me, though i understand why you did. Your grandchildren will be told tales of you. Thank you for making me complete once more. The Malkon and the world owes you more than we could ever repay.

Elm, Father of all Elves. You were taken from us by a betrayal, but we will bring you back. We have faith. We believe. We will talk again soon.

I only ask that you remember them, what they did and what they died for. Remember them, for they paid the price for our freedom. Remember them, for they were heroes.
Playing Classic: Tyrel Turanion
Widower, warrior, leader.

"We will walk this new world with new purpose."

Wyldefire: Javed Ullah Jasved Ben Laughing Crow "The Drophammer"
Smith

lilamber
Been here a while

Post by lilamber » Mon Sep 09, 2013 5:25 pm

Nëv
Brave ranger of the fae and close friend, may you rest happily in the summerlands and find me again when you return anew. You will be dearly missed.

Inuyasha
Fae of storms, skilled ranger and beloved friend who gave her life so we may enter the new world. I could never have asked for a greater friend. May we live up to your sacrifice and make you proud of the world you helped create. I swear you shall never be forgotten.
Ira
Fae of Flames
Member of the Mages Guild

OOC: Amber

Noverogi
One Cloudminder forgot

Post by Noverogi » Mon Sep 09, 2013 6:27 pm

To Danik
You were the man that found me, and tore me from my prison raised me and taught me and while you where harsh I now understand your lessons and everything you did you were my first friend and gave not just me but the world a chance to live, my your soul finally find some rest and a chance for peace for what you have done for all of us.

To Marius Dilandau
To the man who made me who I am and gave me structure and duty, while by the end of our last encounter I was no longer your knight nor you my King, you were my friend, brother, father and son the very embodiment of strength, honor and duty you gave your life for your people a true leader with a mighty spirit.

Alora
You stood by me on the most trying times, a kind motherhood figure full of wisdom and strength, never again will men look on Oleg as lesser creatures but always as equals, the kindness you showed me and the courage you gave my heart in the most darkest moments pushed me on. I would have asked for your hand, and will love you for eternity rest well the true Mother of earth.
Wolfgang Le'Sung
To pay the price of a Hero is to give up your humanity
To walk my path is to know guilt, sadness and heartbreak
So let my legend be a warning to those aspire to be heroes

Ginge
I Remember the Rejection

Post by Ginge » Mon Sep 09, 2013 10:22 pm

Lord Tuathal,

Former High King of Faerie, King of the House of the Dancing Sky and Hound of the East.

He walked with the free people for so long, far longer than I, so all of his deeds cannot be recorded. Tuathal fought the brotherhood, he fought against Arrezeth and Jasmine. He worked alongside the Mages Council and sent the Hero's through time to gather the pieces to kill the false-god Ultima. He stood against the Lich, along with all the allies of the Malkon. He fought so hard for Afacia against the Heiligtum in the recent years protecting it for as long as he could. He gave those who had lost themselves a home and security. He gave wisdom to the desperate and gave many the power to transform their visions for their world into reality. He spoke with all who came to him and had infinite patience. Shared stories of histories, that otherwise, would never have been known. He inspired my kin and I to devout loyalty. We followed him even after he renounced all titles and authorities. I grew to truly love him, and we could not save him. I listened too much and questioned too little.

He always fought for freedom in the Heard of Lands, and in desperation made a deal with a devil. He struggled so hard but was twisted, and yet was prepared to give his life in order to give this world the gift of freedom. He was not strong enough. He asked for help and it was missed, he was betrayed by the one closest to him. And now he has gone to the Summer Lands, with 'Dragon' soiling his memory. The Dragon betrayed us, and when Tuathal was gone the world was consumed in wyldefire. I had too much faith in his power, and I made others believe in him as well. He deserved so much more, he deserved to go home and have happiness finally, but instead his story was tragic. I will never forget Tuathal and what he did for us. May his time in the Summer-lands bring him the peace he deserves, and a love he deserves. Rest well, friend, lord and hero. You did all that you could and received the punishment for the Dragons actions.
Resident Plot writer.

smallbluething
One Cloudminder forgot

Post by smallbluething » Mon Sep 09, 2013 10:35 pm

Caleb - Degan B'earth Diplomat - Ranking Degan B'earth in the Heard of Lands

I'm sure there are many who could name your exploits well, I'm sorry I could not give you a fuller farewell. I only knew you for a short time, and yet you taught me much. I am saddened that I could not have been an ally for longer, I'm sure your boundless courage and strength could have taught me much more. I am proud that you saw me fit to take on the responsibility for our people that you have and for your contribution to the new world for our people, I thank you. May you burn bright in Mudahzre as you surely deserve once we have completed our mission.

Ethan Caine - Degan B'earth Warrior

You were only on our journey a short-while, but you proved yourself to be a great warrior, a great diplomat, and a great friend. You took initiative in difficult circumstances and stayed true to your beliefs. May you rest and burn bright in Mudahzre once we have completed our mission.
Last edited by smallbluething on Wed Sep 11, 2013 11:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
IC - Captain Kallista - Degan B'earth Diplomat
She has an attitude, don't take it personal
NPC - Meryl who Peryls - Jareds Right Hand

jamy
Defender of the HOL

Post by jamy » Wed Sep 11, 2013 3:11 pm

Your Gods call you.

Jonathan Carpenter, son of Mathias Carpenter, son of Joseph Tailor.

The North will miss you. A strong fighter, deadly with bow and axe alike. His steadfast attitute and eagle accuracy kept the enemy at bay countless times. Marched from the north, away from his loved ones to join the chosen people, and fight for the future of our world. Died in the heat of battle defending the portal to the new world, surrounded by the bodies of his enemies.

William Fletcher, son of George Fletcher, son of William Fletcher.

The North will miss you. A dedicated companion, deadly with the bow and constant in his defence of his brothers morale. Many a night our spirits were lifted by his kind words and foraging and cooking skills. Marched from the north, away from his loved ones to join the chosen people, and fight for the future of our world. Died in transit to the new world, to ensure that we as a whole shall carry on.

Tomas Brewer, son of James Brewer, son of Mathew Skipper.

The North will miss you. A strewd and skilled hunter, deadly with bow and sword alike. His sharp eyes kept a dagger from our backs on more occasions than I'd like to count. Marched from the north, away from his loved ones to join the chosen people, and fight for the future of our world. Died in transit to the new world, to ensure that we as a whole shall carry on.

They were my brothers, my companions and my reason for fighting. They died well, with weapons in hands, and will feast with our ancestors in the halls of our fathers.

May akarne nuture your souls, Thor protect your hearts and Biere sustain you forever.

Signed,

Bran O'lire, son of Tom O'lire, son of Fari O'lire.
Survivor of Afacia City, follower of Wolfgang, rebuilder of the North.
There's 30 silver, on the drum. For those who will agree to come, to fight with Northerners today! Over the hills and far away...