All Hallows Best & Best

Arrange lifts, confirm times etc before events, and share photos afterwards.

Moderators: Adam, jony

CharlieP
I Remember the Rejection

Re: All Hallows Best & Best

Post by CharlieP » Tue Nov 06, 2012 11:47 am

Best IC: personally the crafting meet for the Healer's guild and the progress made. Generally the Fae acting together on Saturday night, and the awesomeness of the King and Queen Arch mages returning, so that the other 2 choices could be disregarded.
Isthaniya is also bemused at the number of marriages happening, especially considering the appalling lack of cake.
Singing at the White Rose.

Worst IC: The Arch mages teleporting out and having no idea what was going on or if they or us would be OK.

Best OC: Definately the dramatics on Saturday night, and I realy liked the flaming torches, as we could really see what was going on, they improved the mass discussion round the firepit too.
No injuries in the last battle so I got to see all of it!
Nick and Harri at least having the sense to have a go at each other directly in front of the first aider, meant we could deal with it quickly and I'm glad it wasn't very serious.

Worst OC: the mud soup, although my boots held up and I didn't fall over in it so not so bad!

Thanks to everyone for a brilliant weekend!
Charlie

IC Lady Solitae Baen Itryn, Calaen Chronicler
OC Charlotte or Charlie, Also seamstress and first aider!

RIP Isthaniya, Cloud Fae,
RIP Lady Madeleine, Healer to the Royal house of Dilandau, King of Afacia

Tessandra
One Cloudminder forgot

Post by Tessandra » Tue Nov 06, 2012 11:54 am

After having so many worries and wonderings about how long I can carry on coming to Skully now that I'm now in Leeds, this event has made me want to buy another season ticket. I feel blessed and bewildered by all the awesome people I know and I think that is the most addictive thing about Skully. So many people have asked why I don't just join a larp in the North. They are met with a cold, disgusted stare. SO!

IC stuff: Some really rewarding roleplay whilst working through the uncomfortable but necessary changes to the structure of the Malkon that are needed to regain this faction's former glory. The chain of command is vague and fragmented, no matter whether the issue is political, spiritual or tactical. Having spoken with Arin and Tyrel on the boat several months ago, Hazel made a vow to be a better ambassador for the Malkon, and to do more to support the various individuals outside the Malkon who like her often feel excluded from information, decisions, and basic respect. However, Hazel's two ambitions, to see the Malkon fight together better, and to see a more egalitarian, better networked community within the allies as a whole, have clumsily interacted with some unfortunate results.

Again, the position of Blademaster has been proposed for Hazel, and again we have been reminded of the fact that Hazel cannot yet beat Derren in a fight, and a vote for the position is not the way to decide who should hold it. Derren understandably felt people were driving a wedge between himself and Hazel, that power-grabs were at play, and Hazel feels she is responsible for damaging Derren's view of her at a vital time. But now more than ever Hazel is convinced that holding that title will not get her closer to her aims, and may even thwart them. Hazel has since reassured Derren that she doesn't care if she is never the Blademaster, all that matters is that the Blades fight as a unit and that the Malkon as a whole are co-ordinated on the battlefield. From her point of view, she may lose the ability to speak for the lower ranks if she herself leaves them.

At the end of a ponderous soliloquy to Tyrel in the Juicy Apple, Hazel realised that the type of leadership she wants to practice is something that does not and should not bestow a title on her. It is not an authoritative role, it does not afford her more weight in decision making, it does not convey a superior knowledge and foresight, it does not show her to be anything more than she is. It is a subtle and important quest to perpetually tweak the shape of this community so that each voice is heard, and each strength highlighted. It has already begun, it is already done.

Fighting to save Fletch, and arguing with Tyrel about the expedience of murdering Scales was a good example of Hazel stepping up a bit, fiercely arguing that an eye for an eye will leave the whole world blind. Also liked Hazel quite tensely refusing to bend the knee to Thothar, and patronisingly assuring him that she is not usurping him from the mythical position of authority he believes he holds, whilst patting him on the head.

So, on the surface, the Malkon seems little changed, but from within small actions have been taken that should soon ripple outward with positive results!

Hanging with the Dwarves! Starting to believe Hazel has some Dwarvish blood in her. Hanging out with the other chainmail chick!

OOC stuff: Loved the monstering, loved being a zombie, hopefully getting better at roleplaying fighting because of it. I was a bit ill all weekend and I really noticed it in my lack of stamina during some sustained fighting but I don't think it was so bad. Loved chatting to Rob and Natasha and Gina this weekend, especially about how we want to get the Malkon tent more spiffy and use it more and have our own fires and really put the effort in. Thinking about Hazel's backstory a bit more. Levelling up a little bit more. Feeling the love.

Bah also lost Mark's dagger, green handle with a serrated edge. Has anyone picked it up?
No titles, just turnips.

IC: Hazel Ser'oth Bytheway
OOC: Steph, dirty hippy

smallbluething
One Cloudminder forgot

Post by smallbluething » Tue Nov 06, 2012 12:04 pm

Tessandra wrote:Bah also lost Mark's dagger, green handle with a serrated edge. Has anyone picked it up?
we found one that sounds like that outside the Juicy Apple, I put it in the weapons basket in the Juicy Apple, so whomever sorted out those bits should know.
IC - Captain Kallista - Degan B'earth Diplomat
She has an attitude, don't take it personal
NPC - Meryl who Peryls - Jareds Right Hand

mitchella35
One Cloudminder forgot

Post by mitchella35 » Tue Nov 06, 2012 12:04 pm

Highlights of the event for me:

EPIC. That was Epic and there were so many brilliant moments in it. It was a little slow to get going, Zombies are difficult, especially when they're moving slowly and the crew was HUGE and it took a little time to get into the swing of it, but once it click, boy did it click. Walking into a 25-man monster crew wishing THEM the best of luck was awesome. Being dog-piled by 25 crew and swarmed under was awesome, breaking out (that wasn't faked, you were all actually on top of me and I had to do a significant amount of lifting to get out of that). Killing Tanith and stealing the original kill of a certain Degan B'earth Mage and changing history again. That's 4 major villains I've either killed or had a deciding role in killing due to temporal manipulation now. You know what they say, you go 10 years without killing a major villain and then 3 come along at once :)
Viking wrote:Another great event for me as my second crew event!
Highlights include:

~ The Epic Linear, started off a little slow but quickly picked up and was very very epic indeed, so many zombie hoards diving on top of players, looked very very cool. Oh and Tony killing me off again :P
Sorry Tom, but I didn't get the last one you played this weekend, that honour went to Mr Bailey in a superb moment.

Playing Drakken for the final battle was brilliant, the monsters reacted brilliantly to all my random stuff and power and I hope I accomplished the difficult feat of not walking the battle and making players feel useless.

The Dragon! Oh lords the Dragon. Yes, yes, a thousand times yes. That was some of the best atmosphere I've seen in skullduggery and had it not been november I would have seriously considered staying the night. Being involved in that as a bringer was fantastic.

The Bringer.
Father Gregor: Would the Fae/Faerie all be destroyed?
Kruzhan: I don't think we've really considered it, but who cares?

The puppet strings now largely being revealed and who the puppet master has been influencing throughout all of history.

The bodies of two valiant hero's being returned to the players and seeing the emotional reactions from the people they gave their lives for. Kargath's return actually choked me up watching people carry her on their shoulders from the assault course to the central clearing (though I confess I was terrified for Lisa there as she gamely risked herself by being hoisted to shoulder height under those conditions, I was very glad there were no health and safety people around at that point :oops: ) Though trying to resurrect Kargath when she'd been dead for weeks and after the sacrifice she made to free the beastkin and for the players? Wow,that was disrespectful and the beastkin deserved the slapdown they got from the Green Man :P Still an amazingly touching moment.

Simon Bailey's makeup job on Alastair before his hanging, I was busy for the "moment" enjoying Kargath's "moment" so I didn't see it, but the makeup was fantastic and could only have added to how heart wrenching it must have been for the White Rose to have found his body. Those two moments (and Lucien's brief return in a circle that I sadly also missed) are things that skully hasn't really done before and returning the bodies of epic heroes worked so well for everybody and the moment was so emotional that it was just brilliant. The only thing lacking was Biggs (hint hint Dan).

Not being able to get a crew together because the plot was just THAT engaging is a wonderful testimony to how hard Dan (and the rest of the team) work to give people a game they can truly call their own and get involved in to the newest player. Seeing that choice was wonderful and very surprised that the White Rose went with the Bringers after the atrocity of Port Maris.

Drakken's moment with the Dragon after the Epic linear. Oooooohhhhhh that was a moment. Drysi: Please don't use magic near us for a while. Drakken: Why? Drysi: We recently did a rather large ritual and the backlash means that magic used near us is very painful right now. Drakken: DONE! He deserves this after the catacombs. *queue wiping a monster crew with magic while standing right next to Tuathal* Drakken: WE'RE EVEN NOW BITCH!

That last battle was great, Drakken has a great deal of respect for the Order of the White Rose (the only Afacian fighting force a Degan B'earth has ever had any respect for I might add) and the next time the Degan B'earth invade Afacia, they go down first (feel honoured guys :D). They stood against all-comers regardless of how screwed they were and it was an honour defending Father Gregor while he patched up Roland's character until they could get back into the fight on the left flank.

The final point from me is that there are a few people who put a great deal of work into making all of this possible, that let Dan provide a vision that we can execute for you that we enjoy doing so much. A Big Thank You to Adam, Sarah, Joe, Jony and Jules. These people put in an enormous amount of work in Games Control doing what we would probably consider to be the worst job in the LARP. They do it and give their time to organise, to make the computer systems, to deal with insurance, with the site, with the grumpy neighbours, they do all the printing, the character cards. Everything that happens behind the scenes, that allows Dan to write and us to execute these stories comes from them and they sit quietly in the background largely unnoticed until something goes wrong. We couldn't do this without all of them and I'd like to say a big thank you to all of them for such a fantastic game, brilliant atmosphere and allowing me to make so many new friends.
That's all I have at the moment.
Last edited by mitchella35 on Tue Nov 06, 2012 12:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
IC Caleb - Degan B'earth Diplomat, ranking Degan B'earth currently in the Heard of Lands
IC Whatever plot wants from me.
OOC Tony Mitchell
--Nooch

mitchella35
One Cloudminder forgot

Post by mitchella35 » Tue Nov 06, 2012 12:14 pm

Wait, I have a worst:

DAMN YOU PADDY!!!!!!!! YOU STOLE MY KILL THREE DAMNED TIMES!!!!!!!!
IC Caleb - Degan B'earth Diplomat, ranking Degan B'earth currently in the Heard of Lands
OOC Tony Mitchell
--Nooch

Figpix
Been here a while

Post by Figpix » Tue Nov 06, 2012 1:38 pm

A brilliant weekend :) will keep this short (ish!)

Best IC:
Having Arin, Mendac, Faussett and Honzgu help with finally getting my Unbreakable Shield together
Having Etsuko make the said unbreakable shield for me – it is beautiful – thank you :D
Being able to say “no effect” when my shield is hit.
UNBREAKABLE SHIELD :D :D :D
The Malkon meeting on the Sunday. I think this was the first proper meeting I had been to for some time and it was good to discuss things with the group as a whole.
Guil being in charge for a bit and insisting the Malkon dance.
Thrown alchemy – don’t you just love it :wink:
Feeling that I now have a part to play and I can be more involved with discussions.
The warm welcome at the Juicy Apple
The rain Sunday morning as it meant more time to craft and chat

Worst IC:
The death of Fletch and Honzgu
Mendac getting angry at me (it was soooooooo not my fault), humans are way too sensitive ;)
Not knowing if Tyrel or Tyr had got out safely from the catacombs.

Worst OC:
Barb wire :shock:
Nicks head
The back and forth on the motorway
Missing out on Saturday night and the Dragon rising

Best OC:
Tea pass and bacon sandwiches :D

Best Monstering:
Both the Epic and Peril linears were great.
Epic - it was good to be part of such a high level game. Loved playing a Zombie and getting to eat people ;) really thought the “no calls” worked really well. The immersion was great.
Peril - Very impressed with the level of combat from the players. I also liked the banter and hand signals with Rob and Steph.

Bit huge thank you to the crew, you guys rock 8) and a special thank you to Jules for fixing my hand :D
Thank you to all the monsters – the last battle was awesome.

Wyldefire IC: Esta Ullah Ardshir Ameh Jau'an Shaghal
Skully Classic IC: Sorcha, Shadow Fae

OC: Sophie

mitchella35
One Cloudminder forgot

Post by mitchella35 » Tue Nov 06, 2012 2:43 pm

Tessandra wrote: Fighting to save Fletch, and arguing with Tyrel about the expedience of murdering Scales was a good example of Hazel stepping up a bit, fiercely arguing that an eye for an eye will leave the whole world blind. Also liked Hazel quite tensely refusing to bend the knee to Thothar, and patronisingly assuring him that she is not usurping him from the mythical position of authority he believes he holds, whilst patting him on the head.
I'm afraid I have to disagree with you on this one Steph. An eye for an eye would not leave the whole world blind. It would leave the whole world with eye patches and thusly a far far cooler place to live :D
OOC Tony Mitchell
--Nooch

Lori
Hero of the Heard of Lands

Post by Lori » Tue Nov 06, 2012 2:52 pm

mitchella35 wrote:
Tessandra wrote: Fighting to save Fletch, and arguing with Tyrel about the expedience of murdering Scales was a good example of Hazel stepping up a bit, fiercely arguing that an eye for an eye will leave the whole world blind. Also liked Hazel quite tensely refusing to bend the knee to Thothar, and patronisingly assuring him that she is not usurping him from the mythical position of authority he believes he holds, whilst patting him on the head.
I'm afraid I have to disagree with you on this one Steph. An eye for an eye would not leave the whole world blind. It would leave the whole world with eye patches and thusly a far far cooler place to live :D
And no depth perception?
IC: Heather McDroo

2005-2013: Arinthalia (Arin)
Summer Queen
Wife of Tyrel

OOC: Lori
£30 off Odyssey ticket! Use Odyssey discount code is 3503.7722: £15 off & join Hellas Phoenicia, Sons of Bellerophon and ALSO get £15 from me.

mitchella35
One Cloudminder forgot

Post by mitchella35 » Tue Nov 06, 2012 2:56 pm

Lori wrote:
mitchella35 wrote:
And no depth perception?
Depth perception is overrated. Being cool is what all the cool kids want! :)
OOC Tony Mitchell
--Nooch

Tessandra
One Cloudminder forgot

Post by Tessandra » Tue Nov 06, 2012 3:17 pm

*starts to say something about the vicious cycle of reciprocal revenge eventually removing all eyes and then decides that would be far too pedantic and priggish*

Also, priggish is an amazing word!
No titles, just turnips.

IC: Hazel Ser'oth Bytheway
OOC: Steph, dirty hippy

Rob2
Hero of the Heard of Lands

Post by Rob2 » Tue Nov 06, 2012 3:44 pm

its alright, we can replace the eyeballs with magical balls of laser-shooting lava, and I think everyone can accept what a good idea that is.
Gold for the Mistress, Silver for the Maid,
Copper for the craftsman, Master of his Trade,
True said the Mage, sitting in his hall,
But Iron, Cold Iron, Master of them All

Mendac
I Remember the Rejection

Post by Mendac » Tue Nov 06, 2012 3:45 pm

Rob2 wrote:its alright, we can replace the eyeballs with magical balls of laser-shooting lava, and I think everyone can accept what a good idea that is.
/like
There is darkness in light, there is pain in joy, and there are thorns on the rose.

StephenReynolds

Post by StephenReynolds » Tue Nov 06, 2012 3:53 pm

Figpix wrote:humans are way too sensitive ;)
:P

Watching Trask stalk you round that clearing though was quite funny.
Last edited by StephenReynolds on Tue Nov 06, 2012 3:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mark
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe...

Post by mark » Tue Nov 06, 2012 3:54 pm

Can we have ones with snow too?
Playing Classic: Tyrel Turanion
Widower, warrior, leader.

"We will walk this new world with new purpose."

Wyldefire: Javed Ullah Jasved Ben Laughing Crow "The Drophammer"
Smith

oldmick
One Cloudminder forgot

Post by oldmick » Tue Nov 06, 2012 8:28 pm

Right my turn

First of all I would like to thank all the people who work in the background without whom none of this would happen. I think this was for me the best Skully event for a long time even the weather failed to dampen my enjoyment obviously sleeping at home Friday and Saturday nights helped.

Best IC
Being described as one of those fae not one of those fae
The whole Dragon is rising scene on Saturday night.
Getting people to lend/give me 9 gold so all the deals can be done so lots of people could do the crafting they wanted.
Lots of crafting sorted including getting a new receipt approved.

Worst IC
Walking into the Orders camp to congratulate them on Alister’s safe return only to be told he was actually dead oops
Honzgu’s death just after I had given him my guild subs for the whole of next year.

Best OOC
Mass sticky date around the Order’s fire.

Worst OOC
Falling over a tent peg Saturday night and bruising my ribs
Having a house full of laundry waiting to be done
IC: Faussett
High Mage
The gods are dead and lets keep it that way

OOC Mick 161

Kitty (Retired)
Lord Rotten (Retired as I was bored)
Sharpie (Retired as I was bored)
Grim the ogre (Retired as I was bored)
(I get bored very easily)