January one dayer

Arrange lifts, confirm times etc before events, and share photos afterwards.

Moderators: Adam, jony

nathan
I Remember the Rejection

January one dayer

Post by nathan » Sun Jan 13, 2013 7:22 pm

Had an absolutely shocking event, not sure about anyone else. But personally I'm really rather unhappy about it. I'll post details later and explain myself. However, right now I just feel like letting everyone know. And also would be good to know if I'm alone in feeling rather unhappy with the day.
Currently playing - Buster Hedgeminder, Blademaster and leader of the Malkon.

Partially retired - Pazar, Summer king and king of Fid'Nemith.

FOR DARKWOOD!!
BY CLAW AND BLOOD!!

mark
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe...

Re: January one dayer

Post by mark » Sun Jan 13, 2013 7:30 pm

Nathan, leave it a day or two until you've got your head on straight and your issues with the game sorted and then do it privately, unless you need to tell everyone. Dan will need his usual couple of day chill after a game, but will no doubt listen to what you have to say after then. Let's not start a witch hunt just yet dude.

(This is not mean in any kind of aggressive or negative way, I know that emotions can run high. I've done it myself in the past.)
Playing Classic: Tyrel Turanion
Widower, warrior, leader.

"We will walk this new world with new purpose."

Wyldefire: Javed Ullah Jasved Ben Laughing Crow "The Drophammer"
Smith

nathan
I Remember the Rejection

Post by nathan » Sun Jan 13, 2013 7:37 pm

Note my point of justifying it later, I migh end up just saying sorry in a few days. But the main thing was just to see if anyone felt a bit lame by the end, or if I'm alone in feeling like it. Still, don't mind being told that's a bad idea either.
Currently playing - Buster Hedgeminder, Blademaster and leader of the Malkon.

Partially retired - Pazar, Summer king and king of Fid'Nemith.

FOR DARKWOOD!!
BY CLAW AND BLOOD!!

mark
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe...

Post by mark » Sun Jan 13, 2013 7:48 pm

No worries dude, like I say, just take a day or two to get it clear I your head. People will be willing to listen to you, promise.
Playing Classic: Tyrel Turanion
Widower, warrior, leader.

"We will walk this new world with new purpose."

Wyldefire: Javed Ullah Jasved Ben Laughing Crow "The Drophammer"
Smith

Nate
Sleep never fell upon his eyes; but he kept sure watch always

Post by Nate » Sun Jan 13, 2013 10:48 pm

Please take this into consideration. A large number of people (including all the players in fact at a 50/50 split game) have all put a fair amout of time and effort into running an event for people to enjoy. It's a nailbiter, and they go home, all hyped up on adrenaline, quickly look on the forums, and see this, a post basically asking for people to come forth and say how bad the game was, without any actual constructive criticism. It's disconcerting.

Now, Skullduggery has a history of being approachable, and willing to take constructive feedback, good and bad. This is neither. Now I know you say you are going to follow it up with a (presumably) constructive breakdown of what was bad about it for you, but in the meantime, you generate ill will for no appreciable benefit. You do have the right to criticise, and complain. You are a customer, who paid money, and had a bad experience. Fair enough. Could that not be condensed into a more constructive critique in a few days when you have a clear idea of what was bad, rather than something that is inevitably going to upset more people, for no reason that I can appreciate.

I'll say no more at this juncture.
Nathan Hoyle - Event Organiser and Coordinator

admin (at) skullduggerylarp.co.uk