July 2013 Best & Worst

Arrange lifts, confirm times etc before events, and share photos afterwards.

Moderators: jony, Adam

smallbluething
One Cloudminder forgot

July 2013 Best & Worst

Post by smallbluething » Mon Jul 22, 2013 10:42 am

Oh my days! What an event that was!

But the time has come, I have bathed, eaten and then had a full nights sleep in a bed! Best and worst time!
IC - Captain Kallista - Degan B'earth Diplomat
She has an attitude, don't take it personal
NPC - Meryl who Peryls - Jareds Right Hand

smallbluething
One Cloudminder forgot

Re: July 2013 Best & Worst

Post by smallbluething » Mon Jul 22, 2013 10:42 am

I may think of new things and add more!

My best best best was from the moment of walking into the Northern's camp to get their weapons after Rob as a ref made it glowy, to then start glowing, getting hotter and hotter, and JUST before I was about to start exploding, Tony as a ref comes over and I disappear. I then be given a contract by my own God, and given Indominable and Frenzy Knockdown to kill Varren for being a traitor and forsaking the gods, Varren then having no memory, and the elves just casually give him over to me as they had no reason to think I would allow harm to come to him. Being able to kill him and then the roleplay with the other characters that followed of them saying they needed him but me flatly refusing to let them have him, and them just giving up after one person (Lady Eloise) said he had a Vai in him (FYI, he didn't :P but I didn't know that at the time.) But those sneaky fekcing mages porting him as I got to 'mortal blow 9' (But I didnt realise they had done that so Nathan Grant had to come and tell me), which then meant we had to get a ref call off Jony. This ended in Varrens body being smooshed on the ritual circle, Jonys characters saying 'as a doctor I wouldnt advise healing him'... And having a confrontation with Aki about healing him. He wasnt health... BUT THEN! Varren appears at the big battle with the sword and the contract calling me out, and ripping up the contract! Having Alora, Derren, Tuathal, Danik, and everyone else that helped me kill him a few more times! And having the smarts (or dumbs, depending on what happens) to pick up the contract he torn apart. I was genuinely trembling during that, and I actually had no idea what I should do.

The above is basically an IC & OC mishmash of best / worst.

Other stuff (lol)

Best OC: Being given plot, awesome plot! Ranzos Food (even when it wasnt mine lol)! Nice weather! Not getting dehydrated. Pacing myself while drinking alcohol, so I have about 3 bottles a day, but spread over time so I felt fine the next day. Monstering was lots of fun this weekend, and so much easier with my costume now! Getting to see everyone I only see at skully!

Worst OC: Mosquitos, even though their bites didnt affect me, they were still really annoying! Thursday night I was a bit down for a few reasons, the rest of the weekend made up for it! Needing the loo constantly as I was drinking so much!

Best IC: Being contracted by Degan (or Shar-Teel, depending on what ref I spoke to). Getting contracts over the course of the weekend and completing them well in my eyes. Making new connections. Being made a member of the council as the Degan B'earth representative (bit new at this, but I'll role with it)

Worst IC: Finding out Varren had become a traitor, broken his contract with Degan and forsaken our Gods. Having to kill Varren, although his actions meant he was no longer Degan B'earth, as Kallista was still conflicted, but it knew it had to be done. Feeling the rage of knowing someone I trusted had betrayed me and my people. Seeing Varren again under the Puppet Masters control and him then call me out and ripping up his contract with Degan.
IC - Captain Kallista - Degan B'earth Diplomat
She has an attitude, don't take it personal
NPC - Meryl who Peryls - Jareds Right Hand

Alison
Defender of the HOL

Post by Alison » Mon Jul 22, 2013 12:04 pm

I had a brilliant weekend and would like to thank everyone who worked so hard to make the event happen.

Best IC - The plot with Barraclough ending with the 'revealing' of Isaac's heritage and the release of Alistair's soul.

Worst IC - Duncan and Eloise being carried in while Ember was still finishing master surgery on Lissa and knowing from the timings that only one of them could be master surgeoned in time by Ember, then listening helplessly to the scramble to find anyone else who could help. Coming around after master surgery to see Verity dead; feeling so guilty for failing to defend her better.

Best OC - Getting to camp all weekend. Had a great time with the Order as always. Coming back from Skully without a wet tent to sort out for once was a bonus.

Worst OC - Mosquito bites - the girls and I used most of a bottle of bug spray between us over the course of the weekend but I still have a couple of dozen really nasty bites.
Classic IC: Hrafnhildur Eriksdottir of the Iron Ravens
RIP Mere, fae of wood and water
RIP Lissa of the White Rose
Wyldefire IC: Nasreen ullah Ardshir ibnu Jau'an Shaghal

CharlieP
I Remember the Rejection

Post by CharlieP » Mon Jul 22, 2013 12:53 pm

Births, deaths and marriages we had them all!! Birth of a new world, death of Arin and Tathar, marriage of Guil and Freya.

Best IC:Most people survived! Considering several characters thought they wouldn't see the beginning of the new world and told me so, although the fall out is going to continue for some time. Going to take some time just to process it all.
Personally I was pleased with my crafted items, and we fixed the field hospital.

Worst IC: Losing Arin, and watching Tyrel's reaction, pain and rage. Fearing we would lose him too at a couple of points.

Best OC: Malkon Manor was brilliant. The set piece on Saturday night was epic. Everyone's reaction to these momentous events made it really easy to play my character too.

Worst OC: Bloomin' mozzies.
Charlie

IC Lady Solitae Baen Itryn, Calaen Chronicler
OC Charlotte or Charlie, Also seamstress and first aider!

RIP Isthaniya, Cloud Fae,
RIP Lady Madeleine, Healer to the Royal house of Dilandau, King of Afacia

oldmick
One Cloudminder forgot

Post by oldmick » Mon Jul 22, 2013 1:48 pm

What a wonderful weekend, special thanks to all those who work behind the scenes and are rarely seen but are such a vital part of making the weekend.

Best IC
Opening the magical lock with the other mages and the newer mages playing such a vital part.
Altering a ritual circle.
Meeting Elm and learning some interesting facts about the gods.
Becoming high mage.

Worst IC
Not being able to find any true silver
Characters I liked dying

Best OOC
So many options have been opened up
Seeing some old Skully faces again after too long a break.
Extra day of play

Worst OOC
“So you are the new high mage they either have heroic deaths or turn evil” to which some one added “we all know which way Faussett will go”
Not being able to spend as much time as I would like on site
The extra day means I have even more aches than normal.
IC: Faussett
High Mage
The gods are dead and lets keep it that way

OOC Mick 161

Kitty (Retired)
Lord Rotten (Retired as I was bored)
Sharpie (Retired as I was bored)
Grim the ogre (Retired as I was bored)
(I get bored very easily)

shunteddd
One Cloudminder forgot

Post by shunteddd » Mon Jul 22, 2013 3:28 pm

Pretty speechless so I guess I'll add to it when I think of them. For now
Varren:
I don't think a standard best/worst really can work this time around overall I had a fantastic time and there were so many moments that I can't talk about or went unseen I genuinely don't know how to vocalize anything that happened. I guess the worst part was after all of the work he had put down being forced to make the final choice.

Zeke:

Best IC: Being made the apprentice of Mortanis

Worst IC: So much happening that he couldn't relate to or get involved in.

Best OC: Becoming the bad guy and knowing just how close I got to ending the world. (If only I was kept alive just a bit longer It would have been glorious :P) THE WEATHER and the different mindset of playing a Nosque, Not the lack of fear derived from arrogance and divine purpose; but a lack of fear derived from pure faith and Zeal.

Worst OC: Mortal blow 9 being ruled the same as mortal blow 10 and stopping miracle working thereby preventing all of the fun that would have followed. Had a bit of a funny turn after timeout on friday and saturday but they resolved themselves, Other than that it was brilliant.
Last edited by shunteddd on Mon Jul 22, 2013 6:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jake Ellery/672

Wyldefyre:
Fasram~Ullah~Rahim~Baba~Chenned Kea
Skully classic: Resk - Fae- Dean of Agressive Apathy
Previous: Varren Kale, Avatar of Shar-Teel, honourguard to Arkan 3rd- Killed by the Blindness of Heroes

Hamsterbag
One Cloudminder forgot

Post by Hamsterbag » Mon Jul 22, 2013 4:00 pm

My turn? Well other than the absolute awesomeness that consisted throughout the entire event from atmosphere, players and (most importantly) crew...

Best IC: Winning Silver in chess games. Leaving the old path behind to take up a new one. Learning the art of making sure that people's guts don't fall out. And surviving. Becoming an honorary Goblin (apparently).

Worse IC: Missing the opportunity to go and talk to Sil (despite the fact he is still completely and utterly crackers). And people dying.

Best OC: Watching the monstering teams version of space invaders whilst waiting for the player base to come along. Finally got round to doing a change destiny! Hurrah! Perhaps also the knowledge that there is a lot of Sylirians appearing here and there too.

Worst OC: I think this will be the same for the majority, the mosquitoes!
OOC: Jen M, 763 | Main SC: Ensign "Izahia Prussian Von Stavavitch", Hoch Katheder (Southern Alliance) | Past SC: Fallon Skylar, God Queen of the Silurians

"What can I say? Mother taught me to always be greedy."

Jester
Defender of the HOL

Post by Jester » Mon Jul 22, 2013 5:36 pm

There are no words to describe how good this event was.... except these ones;

Best IC: I think getting to be in the presence, and talking to Thor, is a massive deal for Havedra, him blessing my tankard to produce perfect beer (even if it was only for one day) oh yeah, he let me use his pickaxe :D Seeing all the gods was pretty awesome all round, except that last one o.O All of the dwarves surviving to this point. getting more involved and making some good friends.

worst IC: not having enough time to sort out everything the dwarves needed to do this weekend, just so much stuff going on. being attacked by one of my own because he stupidly drank something a scientist gave him *facepalm* And of course that last god..... Sil, what. a. nutjob! genuinely didn't think we were going to walk away from that.

Best OC: seeing all you amazing people again. sitting at ranzo's talking about our plans for an Insect Nation take over and kicking the Carbon out of people! Truly spectacular event.

worst OC: mosquitoes with triple through
"Fortune has a fickle heart and a short memory"

IC: Fickle of House Clematis

OOC: Sabrina or Bea

mark
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe...

Post by mark » Mon Jul 22, 2013 6:06 pm

I'm not ready to do one of these yet, but I will just say at this point this has been the best game of my larping life.
Playing Classic: Tyrel Turanion
Widower, warrior, leader.

"We will walk this new world with new purpose."

Wyldefire: Javed Ullah Jasved Ben Laughing Crow "The Drophammer"
Smith

Smileygoth
Sleep never fell upon his eyes; but he kept sure watch always

Post by Smileygoth » Mon Jul 22, 2013 6:13 pm

Best IC: Getting to beat the ever-living crap out of Jasmine on the Sunday, & ripping out her tongue AGAIN!!! Some very nice moments with Tuathal. And some unexpected but incredibly touching moments with Mendac. Taking out so many Leno & Bringers in one go, haha!!! Getting rid of a fair few of the traitors in our midst.

Worst IC: Most of it!!!!! Everything to do with Arin's death. Learning who the Puppetmaster was & listening to her LIES about us!!! All the work getting a perfect person in there to end her & she splinters & we have to do it all over again ... twice!!! Being sent away from Tuathal to help hunt down the last shards of the Puppetmaster. Everything about Saturday night. Meeting Ochokka Mortanis & having the feeling that I ought to know who he was ...

Best OC: Seeing all the new players & old returning players who turned out to make it a super-epic game! The Puppetmaster set piece was awesome!!!!!! The weather was great - it turned cool just about the right time, so no sunburn!!! AMAZING rp from so many people!!!

Worst OC: Confusion and misunderstandings on Friday. And BUGS!!!!! Nic's voice giving out so he had to sit out of Sunday entirely. And Time Out on Sunday .... I could have carried on & had the September game directly after!!!!! Hurry up September!!!!!

Enormous thanks to cast & crew & GC, easily one of the best events ever!!!

Qilin
Passing through

Post by Qilin » Mon Jul 22, 2013 6:16 pm

I can't imagine a better event to have been my first LARP, this was epic all around.

Best IC moment: Any of the battles, although I think the Sunday morning one was the best for me, epic and terrifying. Standing with fellow archers and letting off volleys of arrows was a great feeling.

Worst IC moment: Or at least most hairy - being within a very few seconds of perma-death at the end of Sunday morning's castle assault (damn you resurrected monsters!).

Best OC moment: Meeting some of the most awesome people, you guys were so friendly and so welcoming, thank you all.

Worst OC moment: No supprises here, the Mozzies - I escaped them all weekend, but I foolishly changed into Shorts before driving home and they got me good, 4 on the left leg, one on the right, and three on my fingers (how the heck!?).

Looking forward to seeing you all again soon!

StephenReynolds

Post by StephenReynolds » Mon Jul 22, 2013 6:28 pm

Still unable to put everything into a coherent order but the top notch moments for me were:

1) Wake - 'Scale if you don't help over here now the Pack will die.' Runs to flank, 5 or 6 people down. Mental Sac Heal crazy time! Had great fun and was told it looked pretty cool too.
2) Arriving to confront the Puppetmaster it looked so amazing from the outside.
3) The aftermath of Arins dismemberment and having to put her back together. That's 2 authoritive female priests Scale looked up to dead now...
4) Speaking to the Gods and hearing (OOC) all the fighting going on in the distance.
5) Elm being such a pushover...Ah you need help of course my child!
6) Sil not being the big friendly cuddly werewolf we were all led to believe he was :P
7) The Winter King interrupting our talk to the Gods to reveal something to us.
8) Aki saying something to me that caused me to have doubts in him. Now knowing OOC (but not yet in character as the Puppetmaster was obviously lying about it when she was speaking to me) about his fate. Kinda gutted I wasn't there IC to see it happen.

Big thank you to everyone who made this happen. Players, crew, refs & admin! I've never had such a fun weekend. Skully for me has been the best LARP system I have ever attended (mostly due to how hardcore the combat is) but the set pieces for this weekend were just amazing...Thank you.

Pete
Heard of Lands Veteran

Post by Pete » Mon Jul 22, 2013 9:41 pm

Best IC:
Finding out the Winter King is real and not a taint ! TOLD YOU SO! :P and meeting him in the past and having a chat with him.
Puppet master walking off while the perfect people where busy with tathar barreling after her with Ptomely and Emma in tow, calling upon the winter king while I laid holy smite knockdown on her ass before plunging my sword through her chest was just an awesome epic moment! Danik said have faith in yourself and you could be a perfect person so I did!. Got a statue and painting on the way ;)
Tyrel surviving and becoming king as well as Derren.
Varren dieing ... Dodgy Dodgy fellow :P got to kill him a couple times which was fun.
The whole being Auditor of the perfect person and surviving it went so quiet just talked to Etsuko and Derren on who I said could be perfect and it worked out!

Worst IC:
Aki and Arins betrayal, and Arins death it was done so well!
Problems with assassins and dragon followers/white rose that resolved themselves - got a lot apologizing to do a lot of things where pointing in their direction and was completely wrong.

Best IC:
EVERYTHING :D specially bows they are fun.

Worst OC:
Pete head stuff
Being bitten lots
To hot!
Horik, Priest of Elm

Smileygoth
Sleep never fell upon his eyes; but he kept sure watch always

Post by Smileygoth » Tue Jul 23, 2013 9:08 am

Just been reminded of the BEST moment, I suppose it would be a worst IC or a best OC, but on Sunday morning when we got to the vault and found the seals all broken ... I think every single player there thought we were too late; the collective silence as Dan made the call was so striking ... AND THEN WE WENT IN ANYWAY!!!! Epic moment, I'm grinning ear to ear right now :mrgreen:
xx

mark
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe...

Post by mark » Tue Jul 23, 2013 10:15 am

Ok. Here goes. Likely I'll miss out a few bits but will add them later. Too much to remember.

Best OC: the game surpassed my every desire. Some people may have noticed I was quite keen and had high expectations, this blew them away.
The scene for the puppet master looked amazing. The set up, the tale, everything made the scene just work.
Malkon Mannor. It takes a fair bit of effort to put up and take down, but thankfully most of the Malkon were there to help.
My faction. As I said before, it's really not easy leading a faction and a lot of work goes in to it, but there is no other group of people I would want to lead. You're all awesome and I'm proud of how well you all did this weekend.
Soo much mead.
Seeing a lot of old faces. The years have taken you away from the system, but you will always be welcomed back with open arms whenever you decide to pop along.
So many players! Record breaking! Which means you all worked hard at promoting. Awesome job.
Late night/early morning laughs with a select few people. I miss these and this weekend brought them back.
The Friday night social.

Worst OOC: mozzie bites.
Broken body.
Having to leave.

Best IC: Killing the King of Hell.
Seeing how many people are willing to pull together in a time of pain to help resolve the issues.
Fighting alongside my people.
My people following where I lead.
Being freed of taint and bad stuff.

Worst IC: Arin being murdered just because she followed a different path. If they had just asked they would have been given the information they needed.
Giving away all my pain of Arin being murdered.
Not being able to get her back.
Not being the perfect person because I was screwed over by my own people.
The item holding Arin breaking.
Seeing Arin by the puppet master.
Tathar sacrificing himself to save the world.
Becoming the new Shadow King of Bastion in the way it had happened.
Too much personal loss will be destroying me for a long time.

So much effort has gone in to this game by them that run it. I know we all enjoy ourselves and its all thanks to them. I for one appreciate every second I get to play in such a system that can elicit such emotion fro people. Larping, you're doing it right.
Playing Classic: Tyrel Turanion
Widower, warrior, leader.

"We will walk this new world with new purpose."

Wyldefire: Javed Ullah Jasved Ben Laughing Crow "The Drophammer"
Smith