February 2015, where do we go?

Arrange lifts, confirm times etc before events, and share photos afterwards.

Moderators: jony, Adam

Where Are we goig next?

Poll ended at Wed Oct 08, 2014 9:20 am

To the North, towards the high mountains.
13%
To the North East, towrds the great forest.
5%
To the South East, to the City of Scholars.
82%
To the South, towards the Endless Desert.
No votes

Total votes: 39

Harri
I Remember the Rejection

February 2015, where do we go?

Post by Harri » Mon Sep 08, 2014 9:20 am

As mentioned at the de-brief for last game, it is time for you all to make a decision about where the next game is set. This poll will last for 30 days, and you can change your answer at any time in those 30 days if you change your mind. Please feel free to discuss your decision on the IC boards, PM, or any other medium that you choose, just be sure to place your vote within the next 30 days!

I can't wait to see where you will decide to go, but whatever you decide, I am sure more adventure will await you.
Harri - Plot ref for Skully Classic.

mark
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe...

Re: February 2015, where do we go?

Post by mark » Mon Sep 08, 2014 9:26 am

I have chosen the city of Scholars. As much as I would love to head north, for ic reasons we are not able. The whole reason we are where we are now is because we were heading that way to protect the caravans and save the refugees. Once we had them all safe we were going to go north. The refugees have to be a priority. They're all we have left of our world.
Playing Classic: Tyrel Turanion
Widower, warrior, leader.

"We will walk this new world with new purpose."

Wyldefire: Javed Ullah Jasved Ben Laughing Crow "The Drophammer"
Smith

Hamsterbag
One Cloudminder forgot

Post by Hamsterbag » Mon Sep 08, 2014 9:30 am

I also have chosen the city of Scholars. Knowledge is something that interests me and - as mentioned above - the refuges have a priority. Perhaps it is there we will finally be able to find some answers and some security for them.
OOC: Jen M, 763 | Main SC: Ensign "Izahia Prussian Von Stavavitch", Hoch Katheder (Southern Alliance) | Past SC: Fallon Skylar, God Queen of the Silurians

"What can I say? Mother taught me to always be greedy."

jamy
Defender of the HOL

Post by jamy » Mon Sep 08, 2014 9:45 am

Bran sits atop a cart with a small group of north men and whoever else wants to listen. His voice is loud and clear, and full of passion.

'It's time we started tah think about settlin' doon. We've been wondering for months an' months and to what end? Ruining the ritual circle in the first village we found an' then wakin' ah beast we could barely kill 'an nearly doin' the same in a town of peaceful folks. We need 'ah place to occupy, rebuild and call home before we attempt to stop the mists once an for all. AN THAT'S WHY WE NEED TO GO TO THE MOUNTAINS IN THE NORTH!'

Bran voice intensifies, the gleam in his eye clear for all to see. His excitement is infectious, and that excitement is reflected in the faces of the northman around him.

'Just think of it, Metals and Gems to be mined, to build weapons and armour. Highland forests to forage and cattle to raise. Imagine being able to finally be able to feed ourselves again, to be self sufficient. Mountain valleys and passes to confuse and block anyone stupid enough to attack us! The beginnings of a home. A new home to start again, with enough materials to arm ourselves properly.'

Bran pauses for a moment, the fire dimming slightly.

'There will be difficulties, as there always ar', but with enough mages and power, could we not build a ritual circle? Repair some of tha' damage we've already inflicted on this world? And more importantly build a place for our caravan to finally rest?'

'Ah know that our first instinct is to charge off to tha city of scholars and try and stop the mists once and for all, but should we no' find somewhere for those who do not want to fight to rest and be safe before chargin' off to tha next problem and gambling everyone here on each roll of tha dice? Incase yah all haven't noticed, we're losing more an more people every day. Lets save the remnants of the old world before destroying the mists once an for all.'
There's 30 silver, on the drum. For those who will agree to come, to fight with Northerners today! Over the hills and far away...

jamy
Defender of the HOL

Post by jamy » Mon Sep 08, 2014 9:47 am

Wait, out of character? Awww that is just boring ~_^. Same points apply out of character, we have no idea if this city of scholars is actually safe, and we should build a home for the refugees before continuing to try to stop the mists.
There's 30 silver, on the drum. For those who will agree to come, to fight with Northerners today! Over the hills and far away...

StephenReynolds

Post by StephenReynolds » Mon Sep 08, 2014 10:03 am

The refugees from our homeland deserve some rest in a place of safety. City of scholars it is.

Nick
I Remember the Rejection

Post by Nick » Mon Sep 08, 2014 10:15 am

mark wrote:I have chosen the city of Scholars. As much as I would love to head north, for ic reasons we are not able. The whole reason we are where we are now is because we were heading that way to protect the caravans and save the refugees. Once we had them all safe we were going to go north. The refugees have to be a priority. They're all we have left of our world.
This. This was the agreement. The mountains are no place for the civilians and I doubt the caravans will be able to handle the rough terrain. Also from the city of scholars it has been said we may be able to unlock the power to travel the lay-lines like in the old world, as well as learn a great many things this world holds in store for us.

If your race or nation has any civilians at all travelling with us, Vote Scholars.
Mahesh ullah Ardshir ben Jau'an Shaghal

IC: King Isaac Neville: Son of Saint Alistair, The Sword of the Just, Head of The Order of the White Rose, King of Afacia

IC: Lord Daitengu Komainu: Loyal to the last.

OOC: Nick Pasieka

RobDFF
Defender of the HOL

Post by RobDFF » Mon Sep 08, 2014 10:51 am

From what I hear the City of Scholars is the best place to take our refugees, a place of safety and knowledge. And also if the prospect of using lay lines is true, then from the City of Scholars we may travel anywhere and every in the world with haste, discovering more quicker than we would on foot and possibly without the Mists lapping at our heels.

Although it is true we only have the words of a few to trust that the City of Scholars is a safe sanctuary it is not like we will be dropping the refugees off at the door and saying farewell. We will be with them for a time and time enough to decide whether or not it is truly a safe haven for our people.
Guilgalad Tidrin
Malkon Way Walker

"True Courage is knowing not when to take life, but when to spare it"

OOC: Rob Driscoll

rjaws
Passing through

Post by rjaws » Mon Sep 08, 2014 1:51 pm

i think i can say this pretty well and for part of the malkon as well, we are planning to drop off our refugees at the city of scholars and then aim to go towards the woods.

kael

Nessa

Post by Nessa » Mon Sep 08, 2014 2:41 pm

We need to go to the mountains. Our gleaming thighs need to feel the snow again.

Jester
Defender of the HOL

Post by Jester » Mon Sep 08, 2014 2:44 pm

As much as Havedra is craving to head for the mountains, I can see the need is to go to the city of scholars out weighs my own. So that's where I have voted.
"Fortune has a fickle heart and a short memory"

IC: Fickle of House Clematis

OOC: Sabrina or Bea

FireHawke
Been here a while

Post by FireHawke » Mon Sep 08, 2014 4:48 pm

Letharni votes for the city of scholars. The caravan at this size and with the number of refugees that are not combatants it would be idiocy to head for the mountains. We have only just had enough food to support them this far. That is not to say we could not travel to the mountains at a later date but the refugees must be our priority at this point. Besides, finding out more about this world would be to our advantage. The city of scholars may even possess a world map.
Oc: Gill Payne
IC: Kalista (Kali), human, hunter

Formally: Letharni, saytr, Female Pack Alpha
Watch out people, she's been let loose with a spear taller than she is.
Nëv (pron N eee v) pronounce the E people!
Free Borne Fäe and courier for hire

Kainzthemage
Been here a while

Post by Kainzthemage » Mon Sep 08, 2014 5:25 pm

Changing what i wrote earlier the Order of the storms will be deciding to go as one so for now we will see where we shall go :)
Last edited by Kainzthemage on Mon Sep 08, 2014 9:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
IC = Kainz Soulzin. Water mage in the Mage's Council, ! of 3 Founder of the "Order of Storms"

OOC = David Currie (always happy to help)

NolanDex
Passing through

Post by NolanDex » Mon Sep 08, 2014 8:24 pm

I will travel wherever the caravan travels. Although the Mountains would make a good place to set a home, the City of Scholars, for the time being, seems to be a save haven for the civilians, as well as a good place to find the knowledge and power to resurrect the Gods.
Nolan, ambassador and diplomat of the Degan B'earth to the Heard of Lands. Degan will rise again!

OOC, Arron Brazier, Find me on facebook and we shall talk.

rooavenger
Passing through

Post by rooavenger » Tue Sep 09, 2014 10:05 am

I speak for house Fortuna, we vote for the city of scholars. Let it lead the way to Arkarnes new bastion

Earl Percivalle Grim, Preceptor of House Fortuna
Armourers Guild
"What is Arkarne's mercy??" DEATH DEATH DEATH!!