Conference of Dawi

A place for in character roleplay
Haven36
One Cloudminder forgot

Conference of Dawi

Post by Haven36 » Fri Jul 12, 2013 12:10 pm

Orik sits at a table with his writing chisels and a pot of ink in front of him, a foaming pint of Black Rock slightly to the side. He sighs looking over his scroll again.

"Councillors, I write to inform you of a threat. The Forthlings are on the march, not just to Dormar but to all of the Holds. They have war machines powered by Fae slaves that are greater than conventional machinery because the Fae create the ammunition as well as move them with their magic. Afacia is still under siege and the Circles are still in place creating a deadlock which neither side can break. Over the coming days and weeks I will aid the Umgi in trying to break this deadlock and harry the Heiligtum army and their Forthling allies. I would request that I am given authority to deal with the Umgi king here to negotiate an alliance or treaty to the benefit of both ourselves and the Umgi. This treaty will be witnessed by my wife, Havedra Ironguard, Priest of Thor.

To the honour of our Ancestors

Orik Ironguard
Rhunki"

Orik looks around the room before speaking, clear signs stress on his face. "Well, what do think? Am I right in asking for this?"
Tom

Avery Bonaduce, Silurian trader
Tatunghut of Umhlaba, the City of Scholars. Exploring the duties of being a Ritual Circle(RIP)
Orik Ironguard, formerly Goldcutter. On a mission to make Dwarves cool again!! DONE!(RIP)
Helios, Child of the Sun(RIP)

Jester
Defender of the HOL

Re: Conference of Dawi

Post by Jester » Fri Jul 12, 2013 5:55 pm

Havedra stands and walks over to Orik in his chair, placing a comforting hand on his shoulder she leans over and quickly re-reads the letter. Despite the scowl on her face, she nods to Orik in agreement and presses her cheek against hi,s briefly displaying one of the more intimate signs of affection between dwarves.

"I think you not only have the right but a responsibility to this duty now. Who else is more suited?"
"Fortune has a fickle heart and a short memory"

IC: Fickle of House Clematis

OOC: Sabrina or Bea

Haven36
One Cloudminder forgot

Post by Haven36 » Fri Jul 12, 2013 11:25 pm

"The only other person I can think of who could do it is you. Druss for all your personality and combat prowess you're not the most diplomatic at times. The shield bearer is too young, as is our son. The 2 from Marnak have yet to earn their names in their tradition so I don't think they'll take it. The priest who presided over our wedding has the training for it like you, he seems to have the right attitude but he's no known amongst this lot of wazzocks, 'The Chosen People's'. Grumm turned out to be a traitor, may Thor dangle him from his beard over the fires at the heart of the world. And the Bronzebeard's have gone a wandering again. Our trader could but she can be a bit headstrong, remember her famous saying 'Trust me I'm a Dwarf' and Father Gregor's reaction?"

Orik shakes his head briefly before offering his pint to Havedra. "Where is everyone else anyway? There's still the matter of that necklace my apprentice got of that Pyrite. Etain got in touch with me the other day about it and I want everyone to know what it is and see if we can turn it to our advantage. It could give us a way to strike back at the Forthlings."
Tom

Tatunghut of Umhlaba, the City of Scholars. Exploring the duties of being a Ritual Circle(RIP)
Orik Ironguard, formerly Goldcutter. On a mission to make Dwarves cool again!! DONE!(RIP)

Jester
Defender of the HOL

Post by Jester » Sat Jul 13, 2013 12:26 am

Havedra takes the offered drink thankfully and sits back in her chair. She runs her hand through her newly regrown beard and sighs fretfully. "I think once the council at Dormar recieve this letter, they will realise, to give you this responsibility, would be to also give it to me." She gives Orik a look. "You have signed it as an Ironguard after all."

She stares up at the ceiling in thought. "Then again they may pick Beerfist, because my grandfather is an old fasioned type" she takes a deep swig from her tankard and sneers "bitterly disappointed and spiteful..."

Arch
One Cloudminder forgot

Post by Arch » Sat Jul 13, 2013 10:38 pm

"pick beer fist for what?" says one of the serial brothers as he sits down and places a tray of drinks on the table.

Jester
Defender of the HOL

Post by Jester » Sat Jul 13, 2013 11:24 pm

Havedra nods to Drejak as he sits. "someone needs to act as ambassador so we can make a treaty with the Umgi."

She takes out a small cigar from a leather pouch and lights it, inhaling deeply she sighs; "Orik is writing to Dormar council now, to ask for their instruction to who will be ambassador"

She offers the leather pouch to Drejak.

Haven36
One Cloudminder forgot

Post by Haven36 » Sun Jul 14, 2013 2:04 pm

"But that's only for Dormar not for Telomar or Marnak though. We can't speak for them. I know you and your brother are from Marnak and Druss is from Telomar. We may have to approach the king as a triumvirate." says Orik as he pours a beer for the new arrival.
Tom

ProjectIctheon
Passing through

Post by ProjectIctheon » Mon Jul 15, 2013 5:51 pm

Dorin heads quietly to the table as Havedra finishes mentioning ambassadors and takes his seat in silence while Orik elaborates. He pours himself a large drink, then drinks deeply from his tankard as the Rhunki finishes. He waits for a moment, then adds in his opinion.

"Well, Druss and I are both from within or near Telomar. I'd like to be a bit more... involved, but I'm barely 83, and I highly doubt anyone with any real power would trust me to do the job correctly. Furthermore, on account of the fact that my boss has a seat in the Afacian Royal Court, he would probably be better suited to such a task than I. Might I ask what you're writing to the King?"
IC - Dorin the Dwarf, Druss's Shieldbearer
OOC - Matiu Melville

Haven36
One Cloudminder forgot

Post by Haven36 » Mon Jul 15, 2013 11:59 pm

"As you know we Dawi have been under the mountains for quite some time now and have lost touch with the other races. We need to renew and reforge old alliances, and create new alliances. When the Lich was defeated and the Lost became found again I negotiated an alliance with Lord Rotten of that city to help rebuild in return for mineral exploration rights. There's 5 Master Builders and their apprentices there as we speak helping the city return to how it should be. I'd want to organise a treaty with Afacia, one of mutual support. So we send our armies out to help save the Afacians and they do the same for us of Dormar. Marnak and Telomar need representative there as well so going to see Dilandu as a 3 part embassy should help us in many different ways.

Now I can only ask for permission of the Council of Dormar to do this, I can't represent the other Holds as well. Druss would make a good point of contact but he can be a bit impulsive and I don't want to offend anyone. If we approach Dilandu separately then I have no problem with Druss representing Telomar as something might go wrong and then Dormar can step in and become a power in our own right.
Tom

ProjectIctheon
Passing through

Post by ProjectIctheon » Tue Jul 16, 2013 6:50 pm

"Oh," Dorin replies, "I was under the impression we'd be approaching the King separately anyway. We've been isolated from each other so long, I don't think it's likely the Holds will all be so willing to act as one body; even with the threat of the Forthlings."

Dorin empties his tankard and gestures for permission to pour another before continuing.

"And I think it would be safer to nominate Druss over myself. Even if I were of age, there's no way I'd... Anyway, for now I think the best course is for one of our number from each Hold to write a letter home explaining the situation. Less likely for the words to fall upon deaf ears that way."
IC - Dorin the Dwarf, Druss's Shieldbearer
OOC - Matiu Melville

Arch
One Cloudminder forgot

Post by Arch » Tue Jul 16, 2013 9:27 pm

"Maybe the best thing to do then would be to bring the three together and sign a new treaty before the dawi side with afacia. We also need it to be known that we are aiding afacia and not the dragon, which I'm in two minds about sharing with the holds until we can present it to them without them deciding to go to war unrashly."

He quaffs a little from his tankard before continuing, "if we approach afacia it makes sense to approach as the dawi as a whole and not as seperate clans or holds."

Jester
Defender of the HOL

Post by Jester » Wed Jul 17, 2013 12:55 am

"Forge a treaty with the holds?!? We dont have time for that!, the Kurnzarn are at our doors. we need a quick solution. now. if there's any time to be hasty it would be now!" she stubs out her cigar on the table angrily.

"I think one representative from each hold should go to the Umgi king. We'll have plenty of time after we defend our homes from the dwarf-killers, to sit and let old men chew away an alliance between the holds."

Arch
One Cloudminder forgot

Post by Arch » Wed Jul 17, 2013 5:32 am

"so you would have our people fight two wars divided with no real understanding of either. The Kurnzarn are of unknown strength of arms or agenda, the army the size that besieges afacia had no equal for centuries and you wish for our people not to think but rush blindly screaming and waving our axes in the air.
If ever there was a time to unite the holds now is it. the umgi, will need our help as much as we need theirs..we need a combined front. Thor gifted our people's differently, but those gifts work best when we use them together."

Haven36
One Cloudminder forgot

Post by Haven36 » Wed Jul 17, 2013 9:49 am

"I agree with Havedra AND Drejak. We need swift action to defend our Holds but we need to present a united front to the Heard of Lands. What would be more attractive to possible allies, having to negotiate 3 different treaties and get a piecemeal force with different generals squabbling to lead or having to negotiate a single treaty to gain a single significant force with a clear leader?"

Orik drains the last of his beer, burps and then tops up everyone's pint from the keg. "But to sort out this united front the 3 Holds need to sort out quickly a treaty on this single matter. After we have dealt with the Kurnzarn and aided the Afacians in clearing the land of the Heiligtum forces and the Forthling allies, then the Holds can bicker about other treaties and trade agreements to the time tested manner.

If the Holds agree to us dealing with the Umgi King then we can make the treaty for the Hold's alliance as well in the war effort. After the Holds and Afacia are safe then we ask the leaders of the Holds to make further treaties or renew the old treaties between the Holds once more"

He pause before drawing a small obsidian box out of one of his bags, placing it gently on the table he says, "There's also the matter of this. The necklace that is inside came from the neck of the Pyrite that kept teleporting around. It's part of one of the stones that make up a Circle that the Heiligtum forces are using as a focus point for their forces, near this Circle is a great weapon that potentially has the power to change the face of the war. During our last excursion my Apprentice volunteered to sacrifice himself to try and destroy this machine and while I admire him for his willingness to do this he wouldn't of been able to do it on his own. Since then Etain has gotten in touch with me about the crystal and has heard about this machine from another source so it seems likely that this weapon does exist. I want to present this to the Mage's Council and discuss with them any ideas they may have, if we can get enough power together we may be able to get a warband to the machine to either destroy it or take control of it. What do you think?"
Tom

Jester
Defender of the HOL

Post by Jester » Wed Jul 17, 2013 6:32 pm

Havedra glares at Drejak, "Ofcourse it would be more prudent to fight this war united, however if you can get word out to three different holds and then get them to agree to let you represent that hold plus to forge the old alliances to create one united front to present to the Umgi king, then Thor has gifted you with a powerfully persuasive tongue and you are wasting your talents here"

She eyes the box wearily, "How do you know it's going to do what you expect it to do? I think it would be a good idea to hand that thing over to the mages council. However if it does work how you say, then I too am willing to follow where ever it takes us to destroy the machine"