Outside The Vault

A place for in character roleplay
Smileygoth
Sleep never fell upon his eyes; but he kept sure watch always

Outside The Vault

Post by Smileygoth » Mon Jul 22, 2013 10:31 pm

A quiet clearing, a rarity in this place where Heiligtum armies still march in force upon Afacia, stands silent but for the singing of a few nervous birds, and still but for the small green figure sitting cross-legged beneath an old oak tree, rocking gently and holding a twig in her hands, working her fingers over the knots and bumps in it like rosary beads. Around her the air shimmers slightly as the magic in the ground rises up to meet her, to seep into her. Her eyes are squeezed shut and she is muttering a mantra in a rapid low voice.

"We are connected we are one we are connected we are one the Dragon and the Huntress the King and the Queen the Hound of the East and the Hound of the West Utatane and Drysi Tuathal and Etain we are connected we are one no matter what is what was or what will be ..."

The mantra goes round and round and round.
IC: Sivni, a Lagamoora Goblin.

OC: Tracey. Hi!

Pete
Heard of Lands Veteran

Re: Outside The Vault

Post by Pete » Mon Jul 22, 2013 10:50 pm

Tyr stands outside the ruins of the vault sword in hand above the spot he laid the killing strike as if daring her to rise again despite this a smile tugs at the corner of his mouth, the Winter King still has his grips on the Elf, the land beneath him slowly dying under frost and ice, his body still wanting to strike, draw blood cause death. He leans to retrieve his shield discarded during the melee pitted and rent from the days combat, glancing at the remains of the Green Knight not far away who betrayed them.

Stretching he stands ice cracking as he does, the shield slung across his shoulder and his blade almost dripping with divine power is sheathed. The Young Elf stays guarding the spot not knowing what to do now, there where lose ends to tie up with the young Afacian lad who took something from the body, a silver box or more, more problems but for another time.
Horik, Priest of Elm

Smileygoth

Post by Smileygoth » Mon Jul 22, 2013 10:54 pm

Etain's eyes crack open and she watches the elf warily, but she does not move ... and the mantra continues.

Mendac
I Remember the Rejection

Post by Mendac » Mon Jul 22, 2013 11:09 pm

With a jingle of bells and the clatter of weapons on belts, a tattered, battered Mendac places a small box at the feet of the cross legged figure. Placing himself between the Elf and the Fae he gives a little groan as he lowers his body to sit on the ground.

Turning a purple gem in his hands he starts to think of those connected to it, to him. Memories drift into his mind. Memories of the light places and of the dark ones. So many memories things he hadn’t thought of for what seemed like years. And some so fresh he could still smell them.

‘Life is pain, life is struggle and anyone who says different is lying.’ he had said those very words over and over again in that circle and the surrounding days had just proved the truth of them.

This is where he had said he would be and here he was but he had to concede to himself that being here hurt.
There is darkness in light, there is pain in joy, and there are thorns on the rose.

Smileygoth

Post by Smileygoth » Mon Jul 22, 2013 11:24 pm

Etain's gaze moves to Mendac, & the muttering stops, & she gives a small, slightly confused smile. "You're here," she says softly. "Still ..."

She picks up the box & opens it, & reads the note inside, & her smile widens, though her eyes glisten with unshed tears. She shakes her head gently. "Very kind," she says. "And you are helping ..."

Mendac
I Remember the Rejection

Post by Mendac » Tue Jul 23, 2013 7:23 am

"Good," he croaks "good".

"I am still here, I'm not sure how but something decided that I should live through that fight after all and so here I am, as I always am, ready to defend."

The emotion catches in his throat and so he takes a couple of slow breaths to steady himself.

"I really think you should rest now, a good and proper rest or you'll have nothing left to hold on with."
"Here in the sun is probably good for you, though I could help you back to the Rangers if you want something softer."

With a slight chuckle, he croaks again.

"I've given myself permission to nag. I'm sorry."

"I'm here, I'm here."

He starts to sing quietly

"Cottleston cottleston cottleston pie
why does a chicken?
I don't know why..............."
There is darkness in light, there is pain in joy, and there are thorns on the rose.

Smileygoth

Post by Smileygoth » Tue Jul 23, 2013 7:36 am

She chuckles. "I think just a little longer here, til I'm feeling stronger. Then I shall have to go back into Afacia and ... Try to get back to ... Where we left him. If I can even find the way back in ..."

Mendac
I Remember the Rejection

Post by Mendac » Tue Jul 23, 2013 9:44 am

"As you wish.... My Lady"

and with a quick glance behind and around him to check for dangers the worn and weary Fae shuffles himself into a comfortable position and tries to rest without falling asleep.

Smileygoth

Post by Smileygoth » Tue Jul 23, 2013 10:01 am

Etain watches him move away, her brow furrowed slightly. A few moments later a flash of panic crosses her face, and she gets up to kneel in front of him. Taking his hands in hers, she leans forward and speaks to him, quietly and urgently.

mark
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe...

Post by mark » Tue Jul 23, 2013 10:29 am

The Vault had collapsed. The boulders of heavy stone had fallen once his father had run in to the darkness. Tathar willingly paid the ultimate price to stop the power from being unleashed. Tathar had taken all the taint within his son, all that was not supposed to be there and returned to him all that was. All the pain, the anger at Arin's death returned in a flash. But also some happy memories. All of Tathar's happy memories flooded into Tyrel's mind. Mother, sister, grandchildren, Malkon. Family.

"Bastion is now yours to lead"

And then he turned and ran. Then the pain came. Too much loss. A wife. A father. He screamed into the darkness. Then he was dragged out as the Vault collapsed, sobbing.

Now he stands, covered in sticky blood, dust and dirt. Tears run freely down his face, leaving tracks down his cheeks as they mingle with the grime. His face is like stone. His head swims with so many emotions. They had taken everything from him.

"I must go to Bastion. I must speak with my children."
Playing Classic: Tyrel Turanion
Widower, warrior, leader.

"We will walk this new world with new purpose."

Wyldefire: Javed Ullah Jasved Ben Laughing Crow "The Drophammer"
Smith

CharlieP
I Remember the Rejection

Post by CharlieP » Tue Jul 23, 2013 11:22 am

Lady Solitae leans over the now quiet Tothar, his screams having finally stopped, although she does not know why.

The place is devastated and the people around her not much better, covered in blood and other things mixed with a layer of fine dust, it is difficult to tell who is pale from injury instead of just exhaustion.

"I have water here, is there anyone still in need of healing?"

She looks round for Ember.
Charlie

IC Lady Solitae Baen Itryn, Calaen Chronicler
OC Charlotte or Charlie, Also seamstress and first aider!

RIP Isthaniya, Cloud Fae,
RIP Lady Madeleine, Healer to the Royal house of Dilandau, King of Afacia

Mendac
I Remember the Rejection

Post by Mendac » Tue Jul 23, 2013 11:40 am

The big fairy's shoulders heave as he starts to cry. With a glance to those around he whispers back to the small green Fae as she holds his hands.
Last edited by Mendac on Tue Jul 23, 2013 12:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lori
Hero of the Heard of Lands

Post by Lori » Tue Jul 23, 2013 11:41 am

Heather and Sorcha emerge from the collapsing vault, shields protectively over their heads.

A quick glance over confirms that Mendac is safe. Heather hears Lady Solitae offer water and healing. Looking from one fae to the other, she leaves Sorcha’s side and retrieves two bottles of water from the elf. She brings one to Mendac and then goes back to rejoin Sorcha, offering her water.

That done, she looks around, confused as to what has happened.
IC: Heather McDroo

2005-2013: Arinthalia (Arin)
Summer Queen
Wife of Tyrel

OOC: Lori
£30 off Odyssey ticket! Use Odyssey discount code is 3503.7722: £15 off & join Hellas Phoenicia, Sons of Bellerophon and ALSO get £15 from me.

Smileygoth

Post by Smileygoth » Tue Jul 23, 2013 3:28 pm

Etain abruptly hugs Mendac, whispering in his ear. As Heather brings water she takes it for Mendac with a word of thanks, and passes it to him. "Here, drink. Your friends are anxious to care for you, too."

Pete
Heard of Lands Veteran

Post by Pete » Tue Jul 23, 2013 6:50 pm

Tyr spots his brother standing before the ruins and a smile spreads a cross his face as he heads towards him.

"Tyrel! I got her! I got her" he yells.

He gets closer his smile dropping to a frown as he notices the tears running down his face the young Elf picks up his pace to reach his sobbing brother, wrapping an arm round him tight.

"Brother whats happened?"
Horik, Priest of Elm