Outside The Vault

A place for in character roleplay
Mendac
I Remember the Rejection

Re: Outside The Vault

Post by Mendac » Tue Jul 23, 2013 7:01 pm

Mendac offers the water back to Heather trying to avoid eye contact with her or his sister and returns his attention to Etain.
There is darkness in light, there is pain in joy, and there are thorns on the rose.

DarkShadowia
Been here a while

Post by DarkShadowia » Tue Jul 23, 2013 7:03 pm

Now Edgar had a chance to catch his breath, he inhaled deeply and exhaled slowly in a relaxing manner. It took little less than a few moments of calm for him to realise the magic in this area which made him fell retched had all but gone. A few moments later he could feel the lay lines which once avoided this place and would not go near, begin to flow freely into this area.

With a half smile he mutters to himself "Perhaps a circle will form here given enough time".

Edgar then slowly walks and sits leaning his back against a tree, looking and seeing his clothes tattered and burned thinking to himself how lucky he was to make it out alive.
OC: Stephen
IC: Prof. Edgar Rostonburg

Lori
Hero of the Heard of Lands

Post by Lori » Tue Jul 23, 2013 7:10 pm

Heather retrieves the water from Mendac and looks around for others who might need it. Hearing Tyr's celebration, she winces, then his concern draws her attention. Turning, she sees the new lord of Arina looking like a mess and follows Tyr over to him to offer water.
IC: Heather McDroo

2005-2013: Arinthalia (Arin)
Summer Queen
Wife of Tyrel

OOC: Lori
£30 off Odyssey ticket! Use Odyssey discount code is 3503.7722: £15 off & join Hellas Phoenicia, Sons of Bellerophon and ALSO get £15 from me.

Smileygoth
Sleep never fell upon his eyes; but he kept sure watch always

Post by Smileygoth » Tue Jul 23, 2013 7:28 pm

A cool breeze brushes Etain's face and she lifts her face to receive it gratefully, then freezes. She tilts her head, listening carefully, and then a radiant smile lights up her face, even as tears spill from her eyes. She wipes the tears away hurriedly and gives Mendac an apologetic glance.

"Sorry," she says. "Whispers ... in the wind."
IC: Sivni, a Lagamoora Goblin.

OC: Tracey. Hi!

mark
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe...

Post by mark » Tue Jul 23, 2013 7:39 pm

"Tathar....he's gone. They're both gone." Tyrel's face remains unemotional despite the tears running free. He accepts the water from Heather.
Playing Classic: Tyrel Turanion
Widower, warrior, leader.

"We will walk this new world with new purpose."

Wyldefire: Javed Ullah Jasved Ben Laughing Crow "The Drophammer"
Smith

Lori

Post by Lori » Tue Jul 23, 2013 7:47 pm

Heather stands very, very still for a moment.

Suddenly, she presses her lips together, turns and hurries over to Sorcha. Picking up both of their shields, she links an arm in Sorcha's and says as they start to walk, "Come on lass. Time to get you cleaned up and feed. Then drinks. What was that you were liking last night? Vanilla mead? Aye, there's some a' that in the cart."

Summer Queen
Wife of Tyrel

£30 off Odyssey ticket! Use Odyssey discount code is 3503.7722: £15 off & join Hellas Phoenicia, Sons of Bellerophon and ALSO get £15 from me.

Mendac
I Remember the Rejection

Post by Mendac » Tue Jul 23, 2013 7:56 pm

Taking advantage of the distractions Mendac tries to restore some composure, although at one point his face goes a deep crimson, bit by bit his back gets a bit straighter and his head is held higher.
There is darkness in light, there is pain in joy, and there are thorns on the rose.

Pete
Heard of Lands Veteran

Post by Pete » Tue Jul 23, 2013 7:58 pm

Tyr hugs Tyrel tighter unable to say anything but "Im so sorry" repeatedly, Tyr closes his eyes not wanting to see his brother like this.
Horik, Priest of Elm

Mendac
I Remember the Rejection

Post by Mendac » Tue Jul 23, 2013 8:33 pm

Mendac's gaze passes to the Highlander and his sister.

"They might have the right idea you know" he says to no-one in particular.

Smileygoth

Post by Smileygoth » Tue Jul 23, 2013 8:41 pm

Etain smiles and follows Mendac's gaze. "What, drinks?" she says, only half-joking. "It would take an ocean of mead ... but I'd give it a damn good try. We'll have to get past the Heiligtum armies first, before we get back to Afacia."

She pauses, then sits back. "I'll stay here, just a little longer. But if you wish to join them Mendac, don't let me stop you. I'll be fine." She pats his hand and gives him a reassuring smile.

kia(emma)
Defender of the HOL

Post by kia(emma) » Tue Jul 23, 2013 8:45 pm

Evelyn looked down at the once was form of the puppetmaster, her brain struggling to comprehend the sudden lack of movement, the unthreatening crumpled form. She gazed wearily at Tyr, his blow ending it so swiftly, and smiled with a sigh of relief.

The calm in her mind was suddenly broken by the pain in her arm. She strained to lift it in front of her. The black flesh was crackling and her eyes grew wide with fear.

'Cold Iron and Thorns, damn you Danik, not now, not so soon.'

She lifted her sleeve, then her kukri and began to hack, one, two, three. There was no pain from the cuts, and the black arm fell lifelessly to the floor. Without stopping, she pulled out some bandages and herbs, and quickly wrapped the stump, before pulling her sleeve back down over it and walking back to clearing where the vault had been, back to Etain and Mendac.

Not wanting to interrupt their moment, she quietly sits nearby, leans against the wall, and closes her eyes, taking the time to rest for the first time in what felt like forever.
Evelyn - Freeborne Fae and member of the Alchemists Guild

http://nemi-la-vi.mybrute.com

Smileygoth

Post by Smileygoth » Tue Jul 23, 2013 8:52 pm

Etain glances over at Evelyn, then looks again with wide eyes. "Evelyn!" she cries, jumping up to rush to her side. "What happened to your arm? So soon ... Blood and black iron, I should have ... I'm so sorry, I'm so sorry ..."

She covers her face with her hands for a moment, then takes them away, looking more composed. "We'll fix this," she says.

Mendac
I Remember the Rejection

Post by Mendac » Tue Jul 23, 2013 9:06 pm

Confused, and with his exhausted brain telling him that he can't really have just seen what he had just seen, Mendac moves uneasily away in the same direction as the highlander and his sister, the familiar jingle of bells and swords and armour broadcasting this fact to all but the very hard of hearing.

there would be more screaming if Evelyn had actually just cut her arm off surely?

"cottleston, cottleston cottleston pie.........."

Lori

Post by Lori » Tue Jul 23, 2013 9:54 pm

Heather looks over as Mendac joins them. "Aye, singin' as well. I usually have a few drinks first, a' course."

She slows and looks around. "Now, which way did Avery hide that cart? Ya see, it pays to know us little people who watch yer carts and move yer tents and keep ya in cake."

She finally decides on a destination. "This way, not far. Food, drink, and a stream close by fer washin'."

Summer Queen
Wife of Tyrel

Smileygoth

Post by Smileygoth » Tue Jul 23, 2013 10:18 pm

Etain watches Mendac go with a rather perplexed expression, then shakes herself and turns back to Evelyn. In a very abrupt chance of mood, she somewhat halfheartedly scolds her.

"Why didn't you remind me about this last night? I could have done something, I don't always have to have Tuathal around to hold my hand, you know that! Why didn't you interrupt me and my stupid self-pitying mewling and make me fix it then? You had to wait until it's gone?"