At the Afacian Circles

A place for in character roleplay
Smileygoth
Sleep never fell upon his eyes; but he kept sure watch always

At the Afacian Circles

Post by Smileygoth » Thu Jul 25, 2013 10:05 pm

The chief circle stands empty, though the footprints of those who so recently had been inside it are still clear in the dry dust. With the falling of the protective barrier at the city's outer circle, and the attacks from Heiligtum troops making it past the city walls, the streets are quiet, citizens hiding and wary in their homes or their local taverns.

A few birds sing in the trees around the quiet square; they call out a tuneful warning as someone steps into the square from the trees, and heads toward the circle. Etain slowly paces its boundaries, touching each stone in turn and muttering, pressing her fingers to her lips as if tasting the energy of the circle. She examines the marks in the dust carefully, presses her palms to the barrier of energy around the circle, whispers a few words to it, and finally crouches at the edge, her chin in her hand, deep in thought.
IC: Sivni, a Lagamoora Goblin.

OC: Tracey. Hi!

DarkShadowia
Been here a while

Re: At the Afacian Circles

Post by DarkShadowia » Thu Jul 25, 2013 11:42 pm

As Edgar steps forward heading to the circle he begs the question "You knew I was there the whole time, right?" With a sigh he continues "All the years of practice and I am still terrible at it, in fact I think I am getting worse."

Edgar stops as he reaches the Circle's edge a few feet away and sits as well. "I mean you no harm Lady Huntress, in fact I doubt I could even scratch you."

He pauses for a moment then simply says "Given the state of the walls this is likely to be one of their first targets, if it was me you wished to talk to perhaps we could do it else where? If not I'll be on my way, with apologises for interrupting of course"
OC: Stephen
IC: Prof. Edgar Rostonburg

Smileygoth

Post by Smileygoth » Fri Jul 26, 2013 8:50 am

The faery smiles. "I knew you were there," she replies. "Apologies, but no, I'm not here to talk to you. I'm trying to retrace our journey to the Puppetmaster's lair. I left something in there that is very important to me. You can help, if you like."

DarkShadowia
Been here a while

Post by DarkShadowia » Fri Jul 26, 2013 12:45 pm

With a slight look of confusion about him he says "I hadn't given it much, but does it exist now? That place I mean, with the shards gone and the Puppet master gone also. Though the path from the well spring should still exist and shuold go most of the way."

Edgar raises up from the ground dusting himself off he states "I'd be glad to help you, besides there was a matter I wished to ask some advice on. Pherhaps if we have a chance we could discuss it?"

Smileygoth

Post by Smileygoth » Fri Jul 26, 2013 3:41 pm

Etain glances at him sharply. "It had bloody well better still exist, we left a Leno, a Bringer and a Dragon in it."

Softening her tone, she says, "I can feel the remnants of the magic used to open the lock, I just need to see if it can be traced ... and if the lock is still open. I can't see it, but that doesn't mean anything. Perhaps we should discuss whatever it is you want to talk about before I go into the circle, just in case I should suddenly disappear."

DarkShadowia
Been here a while

Post by DarkShadowia » Fri Jul 26, 2013 4:21 pm

Flinching slightly he explains "What I mean to say is all that was her will like be gone, but that which is not should still remain. They will likely be where we last saw them, it's all the land marks to guide the way are likely gone. I fear I am not very good at explaining my thought process sometimes."

In a far more relaxed state he continues "The lock I can tell you is still open, though I am not sure for how long or if it'll be indefinite. There are also more locks to which I can not see or locate for some reasons. If you want I can hold the way back open once you are gone, to make sure for a safe return"

Edgar begins to stroke his mustache before he continues "It is a simply, but delicate matter. I am sure you are aware by know of the recent news with the Mages Council in regards to the High Mage passing on. Since then Faussett some how acquired the staff in order to protect it. Now I was under the impression he had given a oath as a Fae that he would only hold the staff in order to protect it, however since then I have received news he has declared himself the new High Mage. It's not that I have a problem with him being the High Mage it's more the manor in which it has occurred. I have heard Fae take there oaths very seriously, but I know very little about what consequences can occur from braking them. Though this can of course be open to interpretation as to if he has indeed broken his oath after all he is still protecting the staff, something I will ask the council to weigh there opinion on."

With a heavy sigh he finishes "I still have much more to hear on the matter, but I wish to make sure it is dealt with properly and in a way which offend or upsets no one if possible. If you could offer any advice I would most appreciative."

Smileygoth

Post by Smileygoth » Fri Jul 26, 2013 4:37 pm

Etain frowns. "I would need to hear the exact wording of his oath in order to determine if he has broken it, which amongst fae is a very serious matter, though not, sadly, unheard of. However, I am aware that he has declared himself High Mage, but with a mind to call the council and ensure that all are happy with this, and if they are not, to elect a replacement. I also know that Tuathal, in his position as Archmage, has sanctioned Faussett as High Mage, and that he has a good knowledge of the circles and that they are happy with him. Frankly, I think you could do a lot worse, but that is up to the council to decide."

She pauses, puzzled. "I'm not sure how I know all that, mind you ... I must have been nearby when Faussett was speaking to the council or something. As to him breaking his oath, if he swore to keep the staff safe until a High Mage was found, there is nothing in that oath to say that he could not be the High Mage in question, for example. Words have power, friend. It is all in the wording of things."

She turns her attention back to the circle. "Still open, you say? Good. That should make things easier."

With a soft incantation she opens the circle, steps in, and closes it behind her.

DarkShadowia
Been here a while

Post by DarkShadowia » Fri Jul 26, 2013 5:14 pm

Nodding in agreement "Well that is my thought the wording of his Oath is most important here, so once we are all gather I will ask it of him them. Unless I should see him before, I will ask then instead. I also agree he makes a good choice, I have heard of his research and that circles like him. I just wish the matter to be resolved with out incident. The guild is growing in numbers so it is key we show strength and unity to are newest members"

With a smile on his face "I am most grateful for your input on the matter. Unless you required any assistance of me I'll be going. I just remembered with Magnus gone the Red Mages are in a bit of a flap to, some in fighting will surely be going on there. I need to stop them from tearing them selves or this city apart from within and unify them some how."

Smileygoth

Post by Smileygoth » Fri Jul 26, 2013 5:42 pm

"Wow, you're taking a lot on your shoulders there, tackling the Red Mages," Etain says, with an impressed smile. "Best of luck to you, though. Oh, and be careful - we fae tend to get rather upset when we're accused of oathbreaking. Unless you have a particular reason for wanting to know if Faussett did indeed break his, I'd let it be if I were you."

She waves him farewell and returns to the circle, tracing along the patterns in the dust with her fingertips.

DarkShadowia
Been here a while

Post by DarkShadowia » Fri Jul 26, 2013 6:05 pm

smiling back "Perhaps I should let it be, as you say he is likely best suited to it. With luck the Red Mages are still talking about it rather than throwing fire balls at each other and with greater luck still they will listen to reason even if it's my own. Thank you again for your time."

With that Edgar waves farewell and begins to walk towards the Academy

mickeyin
I Remember the Rejection

Post by mickeyin » Fri Jul 26, 2013 7:42 pm

Through the daze of it all, Le'Sar took a slight detour through the city in order to visit the circle. It was pretty much on his way to The Juicy Apple, plus it always felt nicer being close to the circles, he didn't overly know why, but he felt they relaxed him.

Upon reaching his midway destination, he notices Edgar leaving and Etain, inside the circle. He didn't know what for, but he wasn't going to intrude if he was not wanted. It had been a while since he had spoken to Etain, but things had been rather hectic as of recent, hadn't they?

He would talk in a hushed tone, he didn't want to upset the circle or her concentration too much, but he would put in his two cents if it would help.

"My dear, whenever you wish it, the doors to The Juicy Apple will always be open, ready and willing should you need it or I."

He would give a small comforting smile before adding in one last piece though.

"Is there anything I can help with at all? I do not mean to intrude after all."

Now he would wait, quietly and patiently for a response. If she was too busy and did not hear him, he would simply give another smile, a small nod and leave as quietly as he had come.
Smurfs are a way of life...

OOC: Matt...or it or whatever people usually wanna call me

IC: Le'Sar ^^ R.I.P Bastian

Smileygoth

Post by Smileygoth » Fri Jul 26, 2013 11:40 pm

Etain looks up and smiles. "You know, one day I may actually have a spare moment and be able to visit there again. I haven't set foot in the Juicy Apple since Teatree left us."

She looks back down at the ground in the circle and her smile fades. "No ... I don't think there's anyone who can help me with this now. The lock is still open, I've ascertained that, after Edgar was so kind as to point it out, but I need to decide if it's worth the risk going in. If the trail is still intact, if they're still down there ... What if it closed behind me? I could get stuck down there in the dark on my own and become the next Puppetmaster!" She laughs, but it is somewhat forced.

After a moment's pause she says, "I do not mean to be rude, but I think I may need to spend some time concentrating. Unless you wanted to speak to me about something ...?"

mickeyin
I Remember the Rejection

Post by mickeyin » Sat Jul 27, 2013 12:00 am

A chuckle would escape his mouth at her words, although once they turned towards the subject of The Puppet Master, it got a little bit concerned.

"At the end of the day, it is your choice. If you feel it is worth following, and you have thus far, then follow your heart my dear. If you get stuck, there are many people who would do all they could to bring you back. Heh, perhaps you could even leave something here of your possession, as a tether so to speak, a link between you and this place. A beacon of light if you will."

He would sigh a little and look around, a bit lost for words. What was he trying to do? He was still a child to magic, she was someone far more experienced than he could ever be.

"Connections are never truly lost, to whomever or wherever they may be. Believe me, I know what I'm talking about, after all I was once dead and lost was I not? I got better though!"

A slight bit of humour thrown in there, why not try and lighten the mood.

"Listen to me, prattling on about things, as if I even know what I'm on about, forgive me. But as to your last question, there was nothing in particular I wished to speak to you about, just mere pleasantries my dear."

Another smile in her direction, he really was full of smiles today wasn't he? After all, it was better to smile and have hope, than to live in your own destruction.

Smileygoth

Post by Smileygoth » Sat Jul 27, 2013 12:13 am

She smiles brightly. "Wise words, indeed," she says. "Welll then, if you'll excuse me?"

After an apologetic nod to Le'Sar, she sits cross-leeched in the circle, her back to one of the stones, lays her sword across her knees, wraps her hands lightly around the blade, and closes her eyes. Before long she starts to mutter.

"We are connected we are one the Dragon and the Huntress the King and the Queen ..."

mickeyin
I Remember the Rejection

Post by mickeyin » Sat Jul 27, 2013 12:25 am

He hears her words, and takes her nod as a signal. Now is not his place to be here, besides he was a much better barman than social butterfly anyday.

He would give his own little nod of gratitude to Etain before heading away, towards The Juicy Apple.

"Good luck..."

The words would be muttered under his breath, but each word was filled with feelings of hope, well wishes, and good intentions. After all, words had power did they not?