A step in Afacia

A place for in character roleplay
Hamsterbag
One Cloudminder forgot

A step in Afacia

Post by Hamsterbag » Sun Jul 28, 2013 7:37 pm

Fallon Skylar lowered her head. Perching upon some steps the Silurian, flipped her book open and took up the quill.

It was done, was it not? This long weaved tale had been brought to a close and left as little more than a wonderful myth to grow upon the minds of others. For some at least. For those ignorant of what had truly happened. It was not only the price of blood, but the price of something much more. And it left little more than a bitter after taste in her mouth. No, worse than bitter. Sour. Not that there was anything she could have done to prevent it from happening. She was no perfect person. She was no chosen warrior. Just an observer, a scholar and a recorder of this grizzled tale.

Her quill nib scratched at the page as she wrote. The events were still a blur to her, unable to be slowed and played out in a way she understood. Destroying the puppet master, the blooming of a new age and the end of an old one. Eyes turned up to the dusky summer sky, one day had started to come to an end and the closing of this tale. Soon a new book would be opened, soon a new day would dawn upon them all. A new saga to lead them through the ages and defend the people as their 'champions'. What a lie. She could not even help her friends when they had strayed from the path. Her fist clenched slightly. She could not save Rhyzard from the clutches of that 'Witch Hunter', she could not guide him back from his ills. She could not help others who had lost those that were dear to them, she knew no way to comfort them than to leave them in their own state of loss. Nor could she even say or mention what ills may occur in the days that had passed and were to come. She would brand herself as a coward at present, and nothing more.

Then there was the Sil incident. Her own personal sting. A small problem that would enrage her for many a day to come. But she could not comment much upon her own ignorance and stupidity. And she knew no good would come of living in the past. There was only herself to blame for this bitter-sweet greed and envy that rested there. It was time to simply move on from it. Exhaling she looked out across the space. What could she do now other than wait for the word to move on and out? Wait for the call of knowledge? Yes, that would be what she would have to do. Just as she always did.

"Only a matter of time now. Where ever I go next I'm going to be there writing once more. As always. To the sound of marching feet and horns. But to what next? Another war, another story? Bah, bells and blood to it all."
OOC: Jen M, 763 | Main SC: Ensign "Izahia Prussian Von Stavavitch", Hoch Katheder (Southern Alliance) | Past SC: Fallon Skylar, God Queen of the Silurians

"What can I say? Mother taught me to always be greedy."

Hamsterbag
One Cloudminder forgot

Re: A step in Afacia

Post by Hamsterbag » Sat Aug 10, 2013 10:05 am

Rubbing at her brow the Silurian continued her writing, if it could even be called that now. It was more of a mixture of drawn out squiggles and circles. Nothing special. She could feel it in the air, the looming shadow of something much more than simple victory. The ‘Champions’ had done their part, they had fulfilled their part. They were nothing more than he common man now, with three powers looming overhead. All aiming for that throne.

Bringer. Leno. Dragon.

When the first choice was made she was not there, she was not present to decide upon their actions or view the actions of others. Only through word of mouth was she made truly aware of what had come across. And now another choice had to be made. If it even mattered. Three choices, three options. None of which seemed particularly nice in her eyes. Then again, she could also blame it down to not knowing enough. And thus, Fallon resigned in making a choice.

Just as before. And just as always.

“Choices, bah, choices,” fingers clenched at the trinkets around her neck, “Does our choice even matter anymore?” There was a shake of the head, “Of course, of course. Stupid.” Leaning back she flicked through those long forgotten notes, the tales of things gone and changed. The history that once existed having been warped and changed. A story to the many, some farfetched tale that never happened.

“Got to be a way out,” fingers twiddled as she turned once more to a blank page, “Must be a way out. Other than simply abstaining. Must be. There is... There is!” It was the first in a long time that a smile, no, a grin of such a manic nature plastered itself across her face. Of course, there were possible issues that it would not work. But that was always an issue, “If they did it, we can do it. Yes… yes… I wonder.”

The time to plan was at hand. For the final war was coming, and what a show it was going to be.
OOC: Jen M, 763 | Main SC: Ensign "Izahia Prussian Von Stavavitch", Hoch Katheder (Southern Alliance) | Past SC: Fallon Skylar, God Queen of the Silurians

"What can I say? Mother taught me to always be greedy."