Long live the king

A place for in character roleplay
RobDFF
Defender of the HOL

Re: Long live the king

Post by RobDFF » Fri Aug 02, 2013 10:46 am

"Tyrel, I don't question your reasons for wanting justice for Arin's murder, whether it be your own personal vengeance or that be an insult to Elf kind and to Elm, the fact remains that Arin was a dear friend of us all, and we have all felt the loss for her that you have. So for whatever reason you seek justice for her, we will stand with you, we will fight with you, for Arin for her memory and I think I speak for all present when I say that." Guil finishes with a brief smile to everyone before continuing again.

"Although I agree with Lady Ember that a public mutilation of these murderers is not the right thing to do. As my Lady pointed out, we are better than that, better than them, and although I agree they should have done to them what they had to Arin, it doesn't make it right. We are Elves, not Goblins, or Barbarians or even Savage Elves. We, and mainly you your majesty have an image to uphold, I wouldn't want our people or our allies to think of you as some cutthroat savage king, with all respect." Guilgalad finishes.
Guilgalad Tidrin
Malkon Way Walker

"True Courage is knowing not when to take life, but when to spare it"

OOC: Rob Driscoll

Mendac
I Remember the Rejection

Post by Mendac » Fri Aug 02, 2013 11:01 am

Mendac starts to recognise voices as he is lead through Bastion.

As Tyr speaks

The Black and Red Fae is asked to wait and his guides heads through to the main room.

He listens to Guil's words with a mix of admiration and horror.
There is darkness in light, there is pain in joy, and there are thorns on the rose.

Skye
Defender of the HOL

Post by Skye » Fri Aug 02, 2013 11:04 am

Taking two steps and facing away from the group she places her hands on her hips, looks to the floor and bites her lip how could those she trusted do something horrific.. Just or not discussing punishment and death was not something Ember was accustomed too and it did not come naturally she had spent her entire life trying to better and helping those around her wherever she could. "The champions of the heard of lands" Daniks words echoed in her head. We came together to save the world from the puppetmaster but it seems that we could not save ourselves. No stop thinking like this, they need you to be strong, them Malkon need you to be strong, Elm chose me for a reason and with loss of the Summer Avatar, of our Arin, they need me to be strong more than ever.

Turning back towards Tyrel "I guess I did not want to believe that they could do such a low despicable thing of their own free will but if that is how it was then they must be punished accordingly. I agree Tyrel, Etain must be brought before Elm as she agreed to do so. But she is slippery, she will try and arrange it all so that it fits around her precious agenda, we can not let that happen - she can not have the upperhand. I know you've spoken to Evelyn already but I'd like to hear what Evelyn and Etsuko have to say for themselves when they are brought before the council. Then punishement can be dished out and although we can not gain any satisfaction from their punishment we will be secure only in the knowledge that we have done what is right"

A black clad elf enterds the room at a hurry and whispers to Ember, "There is a fey by the name of Mendac arriving, he has asked if you have a moment to speak to him."
Turning, "Of course, let Mendac know that I always have time for him. I will speak to him now if he wishes and then we will rejoin the group in the hall"
"Excuse me, I won't be a moment" Ember heads to the door from which the guide entered to find Mendac waiting the other side and gives a small smile at the sight of him. Taking his arm she guides him away from the door away from hearing reach of the hall, "Mendac, it is nice to see another friendly face in the city full of strangers I can only wish it was at a happier times, How can I help, the guard says you asked to speak to me?"
Last edited by Skye on Fri Aug 02, 2013 11:21 am, edited 4 times in total.
IC: Lady Ember Edhel'er
Keeper of the Trees
Head of the Healers Guild

StephenReynolds

Post by StephenReynolds » Fri Aug 02, 2013 11:15 am

Scale enters the hall just after hearing Tyrs comment, he inclines his head in respect to Tyrel. He lets Tyrs barb slide over him. That was why he was here afterall. He was and always had been willing to accept the punishment laid down on him for his crime. His moment of weakness.

Scale listened to those around the hall speak, being aware that he had come in on the tail end of conversation. The punishment and retribution for Arin was being discussed and not one word sounded good. Not to say they were wrong in Scales ears but something important was evidently being talked about.

Scale took a drink of water and continued to observe. He was aware he had little say in what would be done but Arin had been his friend and his mentor also. In many ways. Healing, Alchemy, the Gods. In remembering her he also remembered Kargath and the pain at not being there for her at the end.

Sometimes, he wondered, it would've been easier if he'd died too. But Greenman doesn't do easy. A beastkins life should be hard and difficult to breed his chosen people into hard, unyielding creatures. Scale allowed his melancholy to pass and focused once more on the discussions.

mark
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe...

Post by mark » Fri Aug 02, 2013 12:08 pm

"And that is why Elm made you Keeper, Ember. The be a voice of reason." Tyrel smiles "Mutilation may be what they deserve, but we are better than them."

Tyrel indicates Scale forwards

"One other thing. The constant insults towards Scale will end now. Once this is all over he will continue to be banished from Darkwood, but during this conflict he has acted with nothing but honour. He has kept us informed of events and has been a true ally." Tyrel says this to the whole group, but it is clearly directed at one person "until such time as this conflict is over he is to be treated as a friend. Understood?" Tyrel looks directly at Tyr
Playing Classic: Tyrel Turanion
Widower, warrior, leader.

"We will walk this new world with new purpose."

Wyldefire: Javed Ullah Jasved Ben Laughing Crow "The Drophammer"
Smith

StephenReynolds

Post by StephenReynolds » Fri Aug 02, 2013 12:22 pm

Scale moves forward but does not react to Tyrels statement to the others. Whilst Tyrel is still gazing at Tyr Scale raises his voice.

"On that matter I believe with the" Scales voice falters slightly "passing of Lady Arin as her husband my service falls to you Tyrel. Please do not dismiss it or reject it out of hand. It is part of my sentence and must be served."

Scale shifts uncomfortably. "I am sorry to hear of Tathar. I did not know him as well as I would've liked to but he seemed an honourable and courageous father to have had."

Figpix
Been here a while

Post by Figpix » Fri Aug 02, 2013 1:30 pm

Sorcha stood motionless in the great hall. Noise, sounds and voices flowed over and through her. The comments being bounded about, words such as “Distrust, “Fae” and “More dangerous” had disappointed her.
They are just ignorant she told herself. Grief can do that to people. But that wasn’t her concern at the moment. She needed to speak to Tyrel. Ignoring all protocol Sorcha strode up to the King. “Tyre.... my Lord.....your Highness ....King... whatever you now call yourself. I need a word”. She bent her head towards the new King and whispered.

Wyldefire IC: Esta Ullah Ardshir Ameh Jau'an Shaghal
Skully Classic IC: Sorcha, Shadow Fae

OC: Sophie

Figpix
Been here a while

Post by Figpix » Fri Aug 02, 2013 1:38 pm

After a short moment she steps away from the throne, a smile upon her face and walks back toward Heather.

Wyldefire IC: Esta Ullah Ardshir Ameh Jau'an Shaghal
Skully Classic IC: Sorcha, Shadow Fae

OC: Sophie

mark

Post by mark » Fri Aug 02, 2013 1:39 pm

"I tend to call myself Tyrel, you can too." He smiles as Sorcha whispers what she needed to tell him "We shall have a more private conversation later. I have news for you too."

Smith

Pete
Heard of Lands Veteran

Post by Pete » Fri Aug 02, 2013 2:39 pm

Tyr nods slightly "Ill keep myself quiet on this matter for now. Happy?"

He looks around at the assembled group " we have another pressing matter. After I slew the puppet master in the vault a young Afacian boy took something from her body, I was consercrating at the time and only caught sight of him closing a silver box before walking off. We need to retrieve that box."
Horik, Priest of Elm

mark

Post by mark » Fri Aug 02, 2013 3:03 pm

"Watch that attitude." Tyrel raises an eyebrow "I am uninterested in trinkets right now, but if you think it important then go speak to this human. Don't do anything stupid." Tyrel states "in fact, take Guil and Freya with you when you go."

Smith

Pete
Heard of Lands Veteran

Post by Pete » Fri Aug 02, 2013 3:22 pm

Tyr frowns "Anything off of that body is no mere trinket. It could be another shard of her or some way for her to rise once more, I'll look into it when we are done here and I'll scribe a letter to the White Rose and warn them about my inquiries."
Horik, Priest of Elm

mark

Post by mark » Fri Aug 02, 2013 3:30 pm

"How about instead of 'warning' them, you ask them for some assistance in the matter? If this human is one of theirs then you barging in and questioning him may not be taken that kindly. Come on, Tyr, try and learn to be diplomatic. After the last set of issues you caused you need to step lightly."

Smith

Mendac
I Remember the Rejection

Post by Mendac » Fri Aug 02, 2013 3:32 pm

Mendac enters the room a little behind behind the keeper of the Trees.

As Tyrel finishes talking to Tyr he stands in the centre of the room and looks straight at Tyrel.

"Tyrel, your majesty"

Mendac lowers his head in a small but sincere bow

"I am sorry about your father, I know you loved him greatly. I can't imagine your grief at this time."

Holding Tyrel's gaze he says

"How are Arin's children? Have you spoken to them yet? Her children must be the greatest comfort available for you at this horrific situation we find ourselves in."

Hearing a clatter he turns just in time to catch Sorcha as she leaps at him.

"Sis."

he pulls her tight as her momentum swings the pair round.

When he puts her down there is actually a smile on his face although traces of tears also sparkle in the light.

"Heather," He says acknowledging the Islander.

"Scales, Guil." His view of anyone else there is obscured by Sorcha fussing around him.
There is darkness in light, there is pain in joy, and there are thorns on the rose.

mark

Post by mark » Fri Aug 02, 2013 3:38 pm

"Mendac, you are a welcome sight." Tyrel stands again "Thank you for your condolences, they are appreciated. Arin's children are fine, as are mine and hers. Thank you for asking. They are coping as well as can be, considering the circumstances. Are you well?"

Smith