Long live the king

A place for in character roleplay
Pete
Heard of Lands Veteran

Re: Long live the king

Post by Pete » Fri Aug 02, 2013 3:43 pm

Tyr sighs "you know what I meant I'm no good with words, but yes I will ask for assistance"
Horik, Priest of Elm

Skye
Defender of the HOL

Post by Skye » Fri Aug 02, 2013 3:46 pm

Ember, having slipped in just before Mendac, withdraws to the back of the room and pours herself a drink, clearly deep in thought. For a few moments she stand there observing watching her fellow Malkon in discussion her eyes pausing on each person as she makes her way round the group. Then replacing her goblet on the table she makes her way back to join the discussion...
IC: Lady Ember Edhel'er
Keeper of the Trees
Head of the Healers Guild

RobDFF
Defender of the HOL

Post by RobDFF » Fri Aug 02, 2013 11:42 pm

Greeting Mendac and Sorcha with a respectful nod Guil turns to Tyr,

"Tyr please, calm yourself. Tyrel is right, we must be more diplomatic in issues that involve our faction allies, war is already upon us and we do not wish to spark a faction war in the process, it would not be wise and we will never win the bigger war by doing so. Freya and I shall accompany you, and we will discuss a rational game plan so that things do not get out of control." Guil then turns to everyone,

"This trinket must be of some significance and I agree that we must look into it, but obviously as his majesty has instructed, Freya, Tyr and myself shall look into it. But now back to Etain and the other two, how shall we go about dealing with them? Obviously they must be taken before Elm, and I think it is he that really has the final say on their punishment is it not? And then of course the matter of the Marcus, Raynor and the Dragon, we have not fully come to a conclusion on this either." Guil finishes waiting for someone to add into the conversation.
Guilgalad Tidrin
Malkon Way Walker

"True Courage is knowing not when to take life, but when to spare it"

OOC: Rob Driscoll

Mendac
I Remember the Rejection

Post by Mendac » Sat Aug 03, 2013 12:07 am

He speaks to Guil

"It's probably worth remembering that not all Afacians are in the order of the White rose, Wolfgang might be another good person to ask."

Mendac addresses the room

"Rayner has finally emerged from ... he appeared in the Afacian circle. He didn't bother saying anything he just dissappeard again. I've no idea what he or Marcus will get up to but presumably it will start to happen soon."

A thought hits him and he speaks to Tyrel

"I don't suppose your scouts have reported anything? you must be quite well informed here"

Looking about the room, Mendac looks concerned and uncomfortable.

"Marcus, Rayner or the Dragon that is where we are now. We missed our chance for another way and so what we must to do now is make the best from what we have. Other matters should probably wait until we know if there will be a world for them to happen in."
Last edited by Mendac on Sat Aug 03, 2013 1:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
There is darkness in light, there is pain in joy, and there are thorns on the rose.

Katie
Been here a while

Post by Katie » Sat Aug 03, 2013 12:48 am

A clatter comes from the hall, followed by Asha's voice. "Oh poo. You made me spill it! You guards don't half know how to treat a lady!" She laughs sarcastically. The guards had been walking purposefully in the opposite direction, and Asha's unsteady feet hadn't helped the situation.

Clinging onto her now half full tankard Asha knocks on the door, entering anyway.
"Lads, ladys." She nods. "Ohhh, look at you on your fancy chair! King Tyrel!" She smiles. Noticing the looks on a few faces she takes a large gulp of her drink.

"How are we all?"
IC:
Asha Smoothleaf, Leader of the Malkon.
Defender of the Trees.
Head of the Healer's Guild.
"Who's this chucklef**k?"

OC: Katie

RobDFF
Defender of the HOL

Post by RobDFF » Sat Aug 03, 2013 1:18 am

"I think you're right Mendac, Wolfgang would be a good person to consider in this." replies Guil.

And after listening to Mendac,
"Why is it too late? What do you mean by we missed our chance? Surely there is still chance enough that we might make our own path?" Guil asks earnestly, either through his naivety in his Elven youth or that he has not quite been paying attention to current affairs.

As Guil finishes his question he walks over to the table full of food and drink that Tyrel had generously put out, with not many of those present taking particular interest Guil poors himself and Freya a tankard of Ale each, turning his attention to the door as his Wildland Kin crashes through the door,
"Mae Govannen Asha!" Guil says with a smile before taking a sip from his tankard.
Guilgalad Tidrin
Malkon Way Walker

mark
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe...

Post by mark » Sat Aug 03, 2013 7:45 am

"Welcome, Asha. I'm glad you are well." Tyrel nods to the wild elf

"Where would we start scouting, Mendac?" Tyrel shrugs "We have no idea where the attack will come from next. Battles continue with the Highligtum troops at various locations, but I fear they aren't the true issue here. More a distraction. I fear the issue with come from Marcus, Raynor and maybe the Dragon."
Playing Classic: Tyrel Turanion
Widower, warrior, leader.

"We will walk this new world with new purpose."

Wyldefire: Javed Ullah Jasved Ben Laughing Crow "The Drophammer"
Smith

Lori
Hero of the Heard of Lands

Post by Lori » Sat Aug 03, 2013 8:02 am

Heather, having helped herself to some food and a fair about of the ale, decides to speak.

"Rumour amongst us little people is that you heroes are fighting what's called the Last War. Seems to me these ..." she waves her hand in the air looking for a collective term, "...persons are ancient. More even so than ya elves. And what da ancient folks like yerselves like? Tradition. Completeness. Poetic....happenings. So, seems ta me the Last War will happen in the same place as the First War. Just seems their kind of style."

She shrugs and tops up her ale, "At least, seems ta me."
IC: Heather McDroo

2005-2013: Arinthalia (Arin)
Summer Queen
Wife of Tyrel

OOC: Lori
£30 off Odyssey ticket! Use Odyssey discount code is 3503.7722: £15 off & join Hellas Phoenicia, Sons of Bellerophon and ALSO get £15 from me.

TrevorHalliday
Passing through

Post by TrevorHalliday » Sat Aug 03, 2013 10:24 am

Angavere coughs slightly, preparing to speak having been listening to the words being banded around and the decisions that need to be made. He steps forward to kneel before Tyrel, offering his sword.

'Majesty, you are our King, and I will follow whichever path you choose for the Malkon, be it to the end of days or the birth of new beginnings, new roots that will spread through the lands as Elm guides us; I have heard of the desires of Darkwood and in my heart I know what the Green Man would desire of these situations also and I trust in our collective strength. It is a comfort to be among the wise here and to see you honour us by hearing what we have to say on matters, but ultimately, the way forward rests with you as King, and I trust you to choose the course of wisdom'.
Classic:
Komainu Niiro Yoshinari
Hon Samurai and Alchemist

Wyldfire:
Korsten, Son of Kara of Libron
Edain

RobDFF
Defender of the HOL

Post by RobDFF » Sat Aug 03, 2013 10:47 am

As Angavere steps forward and bows to the king, his words seem to resonate with Guilgalad. It's at that moment that Guilgalad knows that Tyrel will truly be a great king, if not a better king than his father Tathar. Tyrel is wise to ask listen to his friends and those he's trusts most in these matters but ultimately the decision rests with him, and Guil knows and trusts that Tyrel, his king, will make the right decision.

Stepping forward Guilgalad kneels down before Tyrel,

"My king, my blade is yours, for whatever path you choose I will follow, I have and will always trust you to lead us right as my friend, and now my King. Long live the King! LONG LIVE THE KING!" shouts Guilgalad as he bows his head in respect of his new king, his friend, an Elf who he looks up to as a role-model.
Guilgalad Tidrin
Malkon Way Walker

Mendac
I Remember the Rejection

Post by Mendac » Sat Aug 03, 2013 12:01 pm

While the Human and Tor keth go to their knees and start their cry Mendac looks at, and then, through Heather.

as the noise dies down he speaks nearly to himself

"The first war? Between Elves and humans, on the edge of Darkwood?"

The idea is obviously running around his head.

Once the cheers around the room have died down he continues

"Guil, Arin was trying to give us a 4th path but..." his shoulders heave "but we missed it."

He looks at the floor, controls himself and then says

"Hopefully we can adapt the path we are on so that it gives us the next best thing. I am however pretty sure that if we start off standing by ourselves we will be squashed like bugs in the first few moves, leaving the other three to determine the future among themselves."

"The Dragon is mean't to be the path of freedom, it is also said to be the path of destruction. Now that it's vitally important of course I can't remember precisely who described it as either. Tuathal would save what he could of this world, I don't know if the dragon can be so careful and I don't know where the dragon starts and Tuathal ends at the moment."

He stops, stand's very still and with contained emotion says:

"I do think however that destroying Tuathal's soul mate while he tries to hold so much power in check is a very bad idea. His grief could be apocalyptic."

He turns slowly, so that he looks at everyone in the room.

"I don't know what his grief for Evelyn or Ets.."

He nearly breaks

"Etsuko would be but I saw what he did when Fyl died and he was just Tuathal then."

"If you are ready to side with the Bringer or the Leno then, well.........."

He lets the sentence trail off

"Tuathal put himself on this path to save us from them, to give us another option."
There is darkness in light, there is pain in joy, and there are thorns on the rose.

Figpix
Been here a while

Post by Figpix » Sat Aug 03, 2013 8:39 pm

Sorhca steps forward, places her hand in Mendac’s and squeezes it. She looks into his eyes, “All will be well my brother. We will choose the right path. We have to. So much depends on it.”
She slips a small box from her pocket into her brothers hand and smiles.

Wyldefire IC: Esta Ullah Ardshir Ameh Jau'an Shaghal
Skully Classic IC: Sorcha, Shadow Fae

OC: Sophie

mark
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe...

Post by mark » Sat Aug 03, 2013 10:12 pm

"Please, get up. I appreciate the sentiment, but you do not need to bow down to me. Your service, and friendship, means more than I can say. I hope I am the king our people need." Tyrel frowns

"I chose to follow the Dragon. I promoted him when this all started and I still believe he is the lesser of three evils." Tyrel looks at Mendac "What Etain has done does not reflect on him in my eyes, though she likely killed Arin to benefit him."
Playing Classic: Tyrel Turanion
Widower, warrior, leader.

"We will walk this new world with new purpose."

Wyldefire: Javed Ullah Jasved Ben Laughing Crow "The Drophammer"
Smith

Mendac
I Remember the Rejection

Post by Mendac » Sat Aug 03, 2013 10:25 pm

"Whether her actions reflect on him or not is not my point, your vengeance or judgement or whatever you want to call it will have to wait until the rest is resolved."

"The entire world, several worlds in fact rest on that resolution."

"We must make sure there is a world that is safe for your children, for Arin's Children, everything else comes second. Everything."

Lori
Hero of the Heard of Lands

Post by Lori » Sat Aug 03, 2013 10:31 pm

"Did he know?" Heather ventures, sounding uncharacteristically quiet and unsure. "I mean...Ya know...Saint Arin saved my people from destruction an' brought us ta the grace of Elm. We've been loyal ta her since before the second time she died. An' more recently, since I was last in Bastion, my people have also honoured Saint Tuathal, who saved our bairns from bein' stolen by the unseelie fae."

She pauses and bites her lip, "It'd be difficult for us ta know our new Saint knew someone was gonta kill our most blessed Saint and did nothin'. Or worse, told his Huntress ta do it."
IC: Heather McDroo

2005-2013: Arinthalia (Arin)
Summer Queen
Wife of Tyrel

OOC: Lori
£30 off Odyssey ticket! Use Odyssey discount code is 3503.7722: £15 off & join Hellas Phoenicia, Sons of Bellerophon and ALSO get £15 from me.