Long live the king

A place for in character roleplay
mark
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe...

Re: Long live the king

Post by mark » Mon Aug 05, 2013 4:01 pm

"The Dragon, to me, represents the lesser of three evils. Abstaining is no choice, all it does is leave it up to others to decide. Marcus and Raynor represent slavery in my view. They will make the world in to what they want." Tyrel sits back in his throne "They care nothing for our opinions and freedoms. One will be Chaos and the other Order. The Dragon is freedom. The freedom to live life as we wish, for our children, their children and every generation afterwards. This world is not free yet, but with him it could be." Tyrel sighs "But before freedom must come destruction. The destruction of the old world to make way for a new one."
Playing Classic: Tyrel Turanion
Widower, warrior, leader.

"We will walk this new world with new purpose."

Wyldefire: Javed Ullah Jasved Ben Laughing Crow "The Drophammer"
Smith

StephenReynolds

Post by StephenReynolds » Mon Aug 05, 2013 6:59 pm

"I am glad that you have reservations. I was worried you...well I'm not quite sure what I as worried about...I just...I am rambling."

Scale steps back. His gaze wanders to the door.

"I must return to Afacia. I have said what I needed to say and am glad you gave the responses I hoped you would. The dragon is the option we MUST choose becuase the other 2 are not options at all. The more we can mitigate the destruction part the better. I am sorry for your father Tyrel and I wish you all a speedy return once you are done here. The Green Alliance will stand together regardless of the outcome of this final war. Together we are l'aure and no amount of world meddling wizards can stop us."

Scale bows to Tyrel, then Ember and nods his head to Guil and Buster as he leaves. He pulls the door open and pauses.

"If anyone sees Derren I would like to speak to him about..." Scale struggles to find the right word "...Aki."

mark

Post by mark » Mon Aug 05, 2013 8:08 pm

"Scale, I was there. I thank you for your condolences, but I know that you came here to find out about Aki. What do you want to know?" Tyrel's face is neutral

Smith

StephenReynolds

Post by StephenReynolds » Mon Aug 05, 2013 8:25 pm

Scale shuts the door and moves back into the room.

"I am here for more than that. You are not my king but I respect the position you hold and that of the other Malkon. I am here for unity, friendship and the love I held for both our queens. But I want to...I wish to..."

Scale looks like he is struggling to find the right words.

"I just want to know what happened. Derrens note was vague."

mark

Post by mark » Mon Aug 05, 2013 8:44 pm

"Aki was working towards what he felt was right. He believed in the Puppetmaster. When we got to the Vault he went and stood beside her. He cast aside his loyalty to us, to the Greenman and proclaimed the Earthmother to be guiding him. For a few moments I was distracted, I had to help Tathar, but when I looked again I saw Etain stabbing him again and again with her dagger while screaming at him." Tyrel takes a deep breath to steady himself "He did not 'betray' us as some would say, I did not see him offer any physical resistance. He stood his ground and followed what he thought was right. Please do not think any less of him."

Smith

StephenReynolds

Post by StephenReynolds » Mon Aug 05, 2013 8:58 pm

Scale steadies himself. The news he had expected since he had been told. It did not surprise him. Aki had made him promise not to say he had called for Arin. Someone else in the room knew. Scale knew who too, Aki had told him as much last night. His last night before he chose his final path to tread.

"Thank you." Scale turns to leave before stopping. "She has a thing for stabbing first to protect her Dragon it seems. Unable or unwilling to let anyone follow a different path. When the time to bring her before Elm comes you will have the Packs full support."

Scale moves to leave once more, a faint growl in his throat.

mark

Post by mark » Mon Aug 05, 2013 9:28 pm

"Seems more like she has a thing against the followers of the Trinity. The Summer Avatar and the Green Knight." Tyrel bares his teeth for a moment before taking another deep breath "Your support is welcome. If you have to leave I understand. I will be remaining in Bastion for a time. Things need to be set in place before my people return to the field."

Smith

StephenReynolds

Post by StephenReynolds » Mon Aug 05, 2013 9:40 pm

"I am still bound by an oath to Greenman which requires me to be killing as many of the Highligtum forces I can get within my grasp. Which at the moment means I am needed in Afacia."

Scale moves to leave once more before thinking better of it and heading to Ember.

"Lady Keeper...Ember...do not stray alone. You are important to ALL of us." Scale takes a knee in front of her briefly. Before standing and taking his leave.

Scale hurries to the circle, disturbing the mages there to allow him access before transporting himself back to Afacia city.

Skye
Defender of the HOL

Post by Skye » Tue Aug 06, 2013 2:45 pm

Not wanting to interupt Ember moves to the back of the hall to refill her goblet as they speak of Aki.

As he kneels she nods her head and whispers, "Thank you Scales"
IC: Lady Ember Edhel'er
Keeper of the Trees
Head of the Healers Guild

mark

Post by mark » Fri Aug 09, 2013 11:34 am

Tyrel stretches his back

"Getting too old for this." He mumbles "Right, the path ahead will be difficult. There are too many unknown variables to set a straight goal, so I say we remain fluid for now. We deal with what comes before us as a group and we continue to work together to achieve victory."

Tyrel stands up

"We have faced many horrors together, stood before too many evils. Yet every time we have been victorious because we are the Malkon. We are the Chosen Exiles and the children of Darkwood. We shall not be beaten. If one of us hits the floor the rest will pick them up because we are more than just a faction. We are a family. We will work with our allies, share information and we WILL survive."

Tyrel looks to each of his people as he speaks

"I need you to return to the others. Build relationships, earn respect and above all, be all you can be. I have faith in each and every one of you and I know you will make me proud. For in Elms name, we are blessed. So, take this night. Drink, eat and relax. Spend time with your loved ones. Tomorrow I need you fighting fit and ready to go."

Smith

TrevorHalliday
Passing through

Post by TrevorHalliday » Sun Aug 11, 2013 12:51 am

Angavere nodded, it was after all, a good speech.

He looked around at the others, wishing them all well and turning to leave, time to get packed again if we are leaving in the morning, and nothing is more horrific than having to do such things in a rush and with a hangover! In the deep recesses of his mind he knew every piece of equipment he travelled with could be pivotal and the thought of leaving anything behind just made him unhappy.

Walking down to his chambers, he went through his head what he needed and what he could leave behind; his swords should be sharpened again now, his shield reinforced after the batterings it took recently and armour and surcoat repaired as well. Blankets, tools, spare weaponry (even the concealed ones) equipment for healing, slowly one by one he noted it was there and packed in its place.

Sleep would not come to him easy this night and again he was haunted by the sight of the woman being cut down by the misogynistic madmen let loose for the sake of the Heard of Lands, she had offered no resistance... her face as she was cut down plagued him as he tried closing his eyes.

He swore.
And then he sat up, pacing about.
Urgh!
knowing sleep was far away, he wrapped some clothing about himself and decided to go for a wander...
Classic:
Komainu Niiro Yoshinari
Hon Samurai and Alchemist

Wyldfire:
Korsten, Son of Kara of Libron
Edain

Skye
Defender of the HOL

Post by Skye » Tue Aug 13, 2013 11:03 am

As everyone gradually vacated the hall Ember eye’s swept over her impressive surroundings, then to Tyrel who had returned to his seat on the throne. She could tell that underneath he was in pain, tired - they all were but nowadays there is no time to stop and recuperate. He has been way walker for years and now also has the burden of being King of the Torketh on his shoulders… an honour yes, but still a burden - especially after the loss of Arin. She's only been Keeper of the Trees for a few months but its time to step up – there is no time to waste. He has his people to look after but now she must return to find the rest of hers– there were members of the Malkon who had not made it to the hall and there were many people she needed to find before, ‘the last war’.

With one last look into the great hall and a nod and smile to Tyrel she left and made her way out of the palace.
IC: Lady Ember Edhel'er
Keeper of the Trees
Head of the Healers Guild

pjnr88
Passing through

Post by pjnr88 » Tue Aug 13, 2013 8:24 pm

As the hall empties there is a faint familiar sound echoing towards the hall, the sound of chain hitting chain, the sound seems to be getting closer, the hall doors open and there stands a familiar face.

"its quite easy to get lost around this city," Kastor says smiling.
"i know it's not the way you wanted to become king, but you look good on that throne" as he walks towards his new king.

As he walks towards Tryel brushing himself down smiles toward lady ember, Kastor takes a knee, (hearing his knees crack) "in getting to old for this" said smiling

"i made it my friend"
Kastor,

In like a swan, out like a fist

mark

Post by mark » Tue Aug 13, 2013 8:31 pm

Tyrel grins "That you did, old friend, that you did. Now get up, you're making the place look untidy."

Tyrel fills a goblet and hands it to Kastor

"And you need a bath." He sniffs before laughing

Smith

pjnr88
Passing through

Post by pjnr88 » Tue Aug 13, 2013 8:42 pm

Smiles, "cheers to you. My friend may you reign For many years to come"

"Right time for a bath, how many maidens have you got to bathe me" Kastor says grinning

"oh one thing before I go what have I missed"
Kastor,

In like a swan, out like a fist