A brave new world.

A place for in character roleplay
StephenReynolds

Re: A brave new world.

Post by StephenReynolds » Sun Sep 15, 2013 3:08 pm

Scale looks at the stoatkin and approaches him warily. Looks to be quite feral so Scale tries not to look too threatening, although being coated pretty much head to toe in blood probably doesn't help. Scale holds his claw out to allow the Stoatkin to pick up his scent.

"I think at the moment he would be better off in the camp. He seems young and it may take a while for him to learn speach. I'd rather none of the highligtum forces that got through the portal knew we had young and impressionable Beastkin around." Scales face hardens. That was an issue they may need to deal with. IF the forces from highligtum bought any surviving slaves through the portal the Pack and Fae would most certainly demand their release.

"Now little one." Scale addresses the stoatkin directly. "You have my scent. Just look for me if you want anything." Scale hoped he'd understood.

mickeyin
I Remember the Rejection

Post by mickeyin » Sun Sep 15, 2013 3:28 pm

A small smile would creep upon Le'Sars face, it was all a new beginning here, everything was going to be new despite what anyone said. people could go around bringing their old gods back if they wanted to, but it was a chance for a new start, with new views. He just hoped he wasn't the only one who thought so.

"Scale, if you need me, I shall be at the camp. My children are all scared and helpless, now more so than ever after the hive mind broke...they are nothing more than children at the moment Scale, they may look like monsters to some, but they are mere children..."

A small smile at Scale, then one back over at the Stoatkin, with a small wave added in, then Le'Sar was off to the camp.
Smurfs are a way of life...

OOC: Matt...or it or whatever people usually wanna call me

IC: Le'Sar ^^ R.I.P Bastian

mrmike
Defender of the HOL

Post by mrmike » Sun Sep 15, 2013 5:02 pm

"If lines of power here are anywhere near as numerous as they were in... What should we call your world now? The heard of lands seems a bit of a dry title for a whole world. Anyway if they are anything like they were back there we should find lines quite quickly. How about we search in one direction for a few hours today and build up a map of the local area a little each day. I am in no rush to head too far away from the others who made it through, but I do want to find some places to meditate, and ideally a ritual circle... or stone if any exist in this place.

I think more of us going would be prudent, if we get a few more council members or interested fae and head... That way, hopefully we will get our first results and get back before dark"

*Mori points off in the direction to the north pretty much at random. They have to start the map somewhere.*
Mori:Malkon Mage. Council Member. Tea Drinker. Hat Wearer.

NicNic
One Cloudminder forgot

Post by NicNic » Sun Sep 15, 2013 11:58 pm

At first he draws his head back, looking ready to flee but the lizard had careful motions, still, calm. He sniffs the offered claw softly then looks up, tilting his head quizzically. A sudden realisation seem dawn and he thrust his own paw forward, bright eyes and an expectant grin on his face.
Ic: Leikkisä

Previously: Ehiru – ullah – Aos Bru – daee - Theena – Sidhe (Wyldefire)
Tuathal (Skully)

StephenReynolds

Post by StephenReynolds » Mon Sep 16, 2013 3:39 pm

Scale looked at the offerred paw. It had been a VERY long time since he'd had to do anything like this. So much time spent with Elves, Humans, grown Beastkin and Spiritborn Beastkin he'd forgotten what it was like to speak to someone new. He inhaled deeply taking in the scent of the Stoatkin. Earthy. Natural.

Scale took one of his claws and touched his own chest.

"Scale."

Then he pointed to the Stoatkin expectantly.
Last edited by StephenReynolds on Mon Sep 16, 2013 7:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lori
Hero of the Heard of Lands

Post by Lori » Mon Sep 16, 2013 5:10 pm

As more people arrive at the shelters, they can see an array of carts loaded with an assortment of supplies. The injured and elderly are being kept comfortable in the first few shelters to be put up. Several children are running around together, laughing and playing, instantly making friends in the way only little people seem able to do. You are here, therefore you are my friend, so let's play. Nearby, adults comfort one another. Some watch the children, with sad smiles and tear-stained faces. Even if these are not their children, they are children. Hope for survival, carried with the people of the Heard of Lands on little legs.

To the side, a woman stands. Her hair is bunched on the sides of her head, decorated with the same tartan pattern as her kilt. She is shouting orders at a tent that is being put up, but there don't appear to be any people doing the work. One of the refugees walks over and offers to help and she just smiles at him and shakes her head. "They'll have it up in no time. And if ya try ta help, they'll take yer hand off."

She points toward the tent, where the refugee can now see rabbits bounding around, setting pegs with their powerful hind legs. In no time the tent is up and they move on to another one. "Vorpal bunnies. Vicious things, but really useful when properly trained."

She turns back toward the carts and yells, "Avery! The cook tent is up! Get some tables and move the food carts closer. Set up a station for the butchers to use, in case anyone finds some fresh meat."
IC: Heather McDroo

2005-2013: Arinthalia (Arin)
Summer Queen
Wife of Tyrel

OOC: Lori
£30 off Odyssey ticket! Use Odyssey discount code is 3503.7722: £15 off & join Hellas Phoenicia, Sons of Bellerophon and ALSO get £15 from me.

dantony
One Cloudminder forgot

Post by dantony » Mon Sep 16, 2013 7:07 pm

Fenton comes out the woods again with an equal pull to last time. He has a deer, some rabbit, pigeon, lots of different animals. He drops them near Scales again and walks to sit down. He looks extremely tired and is panting heavily so he sits there, bowing his head as he pants.
OOC - Daniel Thripp

Current Character - Fenton - Wolf Beastkin - Piety

Beta of the Pack, Member of the Malkon, Member of the New World Trading Company, Member of the Armourers Guild

"You loo' fabulous darlin'"

jamy
Defender of the HOL

Post by jamy » Mon Sep 16, 2013 7:29 pm

Bran looks over the small pile of bodies Fenton just dragged out of the woodland, noting the stiff muscles and ripped hide that gave away that the animals were not killed cleanly or quickly.

'That meat'll me tougher than sin, 'an that hide canne be used for no clothing, 'cept a belt or so.' Bran said, shaking his head.

'Fine for yu beastie types, but us Humans 'ave got more refined tastes, or in other words, like tah be able tah chew ah meat! An' try tah leave us some prey in tha Woods though Fenton, won't do tah run oot of prey tah hunt.'

Turning back to the small group of northmen and hunters, he continued to discuss the hunting plan.

'So we'll send most of us of fer small game n' roots.'

'Aye, an some of us'll go after bigger game.'

'Back in Afacia city, I was well known for finding wild potatoes and onions'

'Oh aye, we can start distilling them 'taters...'
There's 30 silver, on the drum. For those who will agree to come, to fight with Northerners today! Over the hills and far away...

Colin
Passing through

Post by Colin » Mon Sep 16, 2013 8:30 pm

Thothar having moved from from his spot on the edge of the mists.
walks through the remaining people who have yet to have moved to the camp.

As he walks he says nothing just looks at the wounded..........suddenly he stops realizing there is some thing or some one missing.
he quickly turns and looks at the camp.

a look of relief covers his face as he spots who he was missing, then his face returns to his stern look, he moves back to his position at the edge of the mists he seems to be waiting for something to happen.
Thothar - walker of 3 worlds
Never throughout history has a man who lived a life of ease left a name worth remembering.

dantony
One Cloudminder forgot

Post by dantony » Mon Sep 16, 2013 10:47 pm

Fenton growls angrily at the Northsman and starts skinning the deer. To be fair the leather was a bit ruined but the cuts only went as deep as the hide and therefore the meet was actually untouched. The only part was around the deer's neck which had been raked by Fenton's claws. All the other animals look the same apart from the odd rabbit and pigeon which ended up a bit more torn up then he hoped.
OOC - Daniel Thripp

Current Character - Fenton - Wolf Beastkin - Piety

Beta of the Pack, Member of the Malkon, Member of the New World Trading Company, Member of the Armourers Guild

"You loo' fabulous darlin'"

DarkShadowia
Been here a while

Post by DarkShadowia » Mon Sep 16, 2013 11:02 pm

Looking toward the direction being pointed at "Well that seems most agreeable to me. Though strange that though had never even crossed my mind, what should we call this new world? We can very well just keep calling it the new world really."
OC: Stephen
IC: Prof. Edgar Rostonburg

NicNic
One Cloudminder forgot

Post by NicNic » Tue Sep 17, 2013 10:50 am

He watches the lizardkin with curiosity as they interact, the sniff and the words that are given to him. For a moment his face seems to fall, a mix of petulance and confusion then swiftly he returns with his paw thrust out, as wide and open as he can and an even bigger grin on his face.
Ic: Leikkisä

Previously: Ehiru – ullah – Aos Bru – daee - Theena – Sidhe (Wyldefire)
Tuathal (Skully)

mark
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe...

Post by mark » Tue Sep 17, 2013 11:01 am

Tyrel watches the people move about, trying to make some kind of order. He heads towards the hospital tent.
Playing Classic: Tyrel Turanion
Widower, warrior, leader.

"We will walk this new world with new purpose."

Wyldefire: Javed Ullah Jasved Ben Laughing Crow "The Drophammer"
Smith

Smileygoth
Sleep never fell upon his eyes; but he kept sure watch always

Post by Smileygoth » Tue Sep 17, 2013 11:49 am

From her chosen spot, Kevralyn watches the beastkins' behaviour carefully, her hand twitching momentarily toward her sword hilt as one of them growls at the man who contracted her. But nothing follows the growl, and she relaxes again, her eyes moving from the people around her to the treeline and back again. She frowns slightly and gives a soft sigh.
IC: Sivni, a Lagamoora Goblin.

OC: Tracey. Hi!

StephenReynolds

Post by StephenReynolds » Tue Sep 17, 2013 12:10 pm

Scale ignores the exchange between Fenton and Bran? Scale thinks thats his name. Never really spoken to him before outside of brief exchanges or battlefield healing but he seemed pretty solid and knew how to handle himself.

Seeing the pile of game Fenton had bought out the wood Scale reached for something small, a pidgeon, and looked back to the Stoatkin.

"Scale." He said pointing to himself. "Food." He pointed at the pidgeon and held it out for the Stoatkin.

He glanced down to Fenton out of the corner of his eye. "Fenton can you take some of that game to Heather down at the carts and then head to whatever sort of field hospital they have set up to treat the wounded. I have a feeling they will need us." Scale smiles back at the Stoatkin and waits.