A brave new world.

A place for in character roleplay
smallbluething
One Cloudminder forgot

Re: A brave new world.

Post by smallbluething » Fri Sep 13, 2013 4:47 pm

Kallista sighs deeply, with a look of agitation.

"And who are you to get involved with the ways of my people? Kevralyn was approached, and you know our way is that of contract. I don't think you quite understand how much that is not a case of 'putting it aside'."

She turns to look at Le Sar "very well, a previously set up camp it is then, repayment can be discussed at camp" and with that, wanders into the direction of where he pointed, without a look back.

Kallista felt the exhaustion, and that may be attributed to the shortness of her temper. It could also be attributed to saving face around the new Degan B'earth, not wanting to show weakness.
IC - Captain Kallista - Degan B'earth Diplomat
She has an attitude, don't take it personal
NPC - Meryl who Peryls - Jareds Right Hand

Smileygoth
Sleep never fell upon his eyes; but he kept sure watch always

Post by Smileygoth » Fri Sep 13, 2013 4:54 pm

She turns back to Wolfgang.

"No, you demanded. There was no request in what you said. And you'll note that I didn't - and still haven't - threatened you. But I'll keep in mind your 'cultural ways'."

She turns back to Le'Sar and Kallista, nodding approvingly at Kallista's words. "So, let's see this camp."
IC: Sivni, a Lagamoora Goblin.

OC: Tracey. Hi!

Hamsterbag
One Cloudminder forgot

Post by Hamsterbag » Fri Sep 13, 2013 4:58 pm

Fallon was silent as the other humans made themselves at odds with one and other so soon. Once mostly defused however, the Silurian only briefly glanced at him, before turning her eyes once down to the silver edge. There was a brief grimace at the little nicks that had formed in it, "You know my name, when I come back from the hunt call it and I will come."

"And do try to get on with your neighbours whilst I'm gone. I don't fancy the idea of having to sleep with a blade next to me at night."
OOC: Jen M, 763 | Main SC: Ensign "Izahia Prussian Von Stavavitch", Hoch Katheder (Southern Alliance) | Past SC: Fallon Skylar, God Queen of the Silurians

"What can I say? Mother taught me to always be greedy."

StephenReynolds

Post by StephenReynolds » Fri Sep 13, 2013 5:05 pm

Scale shook his head as he guided Ember towards Tyrel...Unity...Not even when the world shat upon the Free Peoples could they band together. Not that he was one to talk. But no that was his past, a shameful one. Now Scale would begin anew, he had purpose and he had drive and he had...friends? The Pack were brothers yes and kin through their faith but friends? Scale had know so few true friends in his life and he was aware how weary and how distant he had been since they lost Kargath and the others...No that was an excuse. Since the Southlands. There were so few of them left now...The fools who'd stayed behind to try and turn an entire armys attention away from the North. Pazaar had criticised him for spending too much time amongest humans and perhaps he was right. But Pazaar did not know the whole truth about Scale, there was probably now no living soul that did. He probably needed to rectify that. But not now...now the Pack had been given focus it was time to turn to the others...Those who were once the Malkon were battered and bruised both in body and spirit...So many lost, so many chosen to stay behind. Scale spied Freya amid the throng of people and pointed her out to Ember.

"Perhaps you would be best speaking to her?" Scale asks of Ember. Before Ember can reply Scale heads towards Tyrel. Scale prayed his children had been amongest the refugees. Tyrel needed something to keep going for, something to keep him alive and now Gods, Wife and friends gone he needed something none bar his children could give him. Hope.

"Tyrel?" Scale knelt down next to him.

Colin
Passing through

Post by Colin » Fri Sep 13, 2013 5:31 pm

With all the organization and scuffle, people fail to notice a dark figure standing there, back to everything going on. Thothar, having already taken more steps than anyone into the new world, stands there emotionless, cold, as if what had happened had already been forgotten. But still he stands there en guard. Already he knows that a new world brings new dangers so he stands ready to defend, with his last breath, those who are still trying to pick themselves up, those who are the last of an old world.
Thothar - walker of 3 worlds
Never throughout history has a man who lived a life of ease left a name worth remembering.

NicNic
One Cloudminder forgot

Post by NicNic » Fri Sep 13, 2013 6:14 pm

So many interesting things, this caravan of peoples has; foods, flavoured waters hidden in animal hide, make shift little people, iron claws - so much!
The stoat bounds from place to place, rummaging, looking, sniffing. The occasional trill of curiosity and excitement at what he's found. He stuffs his head in bags, riffles through carts and dances through the people, though he doesn't take anything, he his "shooed" and chased away whenever caught
Ic: Leikkisä

Previously: Ehiru – ullah – Aos Bru – daee - Theena – Sidhe (Wyldefire)
Tuathal (Skully)

Skye
Defender of the HOL

Post by Skye » Fri Sep 13, 2013 6:44 pm

Ember lets Scale guide her towards the throng of people, towards Tyrel and then towards Freya as if in a daze. As he lets go of her arm and heads towards Tyrel she snaps back into focus and gives him a grateful smile and a nod. Taking a step towards Freya her eyes hunt for Guil in the crowd, where is he, He's got to be around here somewhere... Spinning on the spot she scans the mass of people and then it hits her, No... not Guil as well... Freya? Oh dear Elm no... she must be so... As she heads towards Freya she is stopped in her tracks as a small weight tugs on the hem of her dress. A small elf, young even by mortal standards had attached herself and was clinging to her skirts so hard her knuckles were turning white. Kneeling down Ember lifted the young elves face out of her skirts, she was no more that a few years old with a look of innocent fright as puffy, tear swollen eyes looked up at her. Shock ran across Embers expressions and then a gentle smile as she swung the small elf up onto her hips "I recognize you, we met in Bastion, do you remember me? You're names... Ara yes?". Burying her head in Embers shoulder Ara sniffles and nods an almost imperceptible nod. "Okay, are your parents here? Did you come with them?". Another nod. "Okay then we are going to find them, together, but you need to do one thing for me.. do you think you can do that?" Lifting her head Ara nods this time a little more enthusiastically as she wipes her nose with the hem of her tunic. Ember laughs slightly, its funny how much hope a small child can give you, "I remember the last time we met you had the most beautiful smile, now I think if you could smile one of those lovely smiles that'll be all the strength I need" she whispers. Ara gives one last sniff and her lips quiver slightly, the edges curl up ever so slightly one last tear rolls down her cheek and then she clung onto Ember just a little tighter and smiled a smile so full of hope that Ember knew their was a chance for this new world. "Perfect, you know, you will be one of the next heroes of this new world" Tilting her head Ara gives Ember a puzzled look, gives a purposeful nod and buries her head in Ember's shoulder. With a small sigh Ember heads towards the mass of refugees, "Come on then, lets find your parents"
IC: Lady Ember Edhel'er
Keeper of the Trees
Head of the Healers Guild

Vorlaith
Been here a while

Post by Vorlaith » Fri Sep 13, 2013 7:25 pm

Vor studies Wolfgang and the Degan, observing their conversation, tensions getting warm, but as long as hands stayed of hilts, there was nothing to worry about.

The Hunting party, doesn't look to be leaving any time soon, and there are other things to do. People to see and people to 'see'.

'Wolfgang, have you spoken much to the Malkon?' changing the subject, 'how was your journey through your own portal. You already seem up to speed, on what happened through ours, so lets not waste words on that tender subject just yet.'
IC - Vorlaith
OC- Glenn, but not THAT Glenn. =D

Noverogi
One Cloudminder forgot

Post by Noverogi » Fri Sep 13, 2013 7:57 pm

"I just wish to dissuade them from contract for now, I have one for them which I need them for as well as that it'll just take one desperate soul with the right price and we could have them cutting through the camp so long as it's written down."

He shook his head "Should not have made that comment about smashing her in, despite the sly comments." he runs his hands through his hair cuts still thick with blood leave his hair knotted and tangled "I'll talk to the the Malkon when I can"

He stops and pauses thinking about the journey "Trying... to say the least by the end I was throwing people through that damn portal before it took me and pulled me through as well"

He takes a deep breath "Vor... I will need to talk to the remnants of the rose soon, I might say things you disagree with but we all need to put together and pull together, It may never happen in our time but... This.... what has happened... can never happen again"
Wolfgang Le'Sung
To pay the price of a Hero is to give up your humanity
To walk my path is to know guilt, sadness and heartbreak
So let my legend be a warning to those aspire to be heroes

jamy
Defender of the HOL

Post by jamy » Fri Sep 13, 2013 8:18 pm

Bran pinched his nose, struggling to remain calm while Wolfgang butted his nose in where it wasn't welcome. When the flow of words finally stopped he simply said to the Degan B'earth:

'Half of what I, alone, catch, which will still be enough food to last afew days, if I get the prey I desire. What others do with there catches is up to them. Verbal contract is fine.'

Turning to Wolfgang he headbutted him, power reduced to the force of a customary rebuttal between northmen, before growling.

'Ah ain't going to take this s**t from you, as if ah would leave people stavin'. If you were so worried about these people perhaps you would have listened to me sooner, 'an helped me against the Dragon, instead of sitting on tah fence.' He voice remained steady, but the rage behind it was clear.

'Now cease with your words, and go do something useful rather than tell me what ah was already gonna du!' He said, and with that he went back to his bow, what little calm he had found since the end of the world, gone.
There's 30 silver, on the drum. For those who will agree to come, to fight with Northerners today! Over the hills and far away...

mark
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe...

Post by mark » Fri Sep 13, 2013 8:34 pm

Tyrel takes a deep breath and steadies himself. Too much loss. His people will need him to be strong.

"Yes, Scale?"
Playing Classic: Tyrel Turanion
Widower, warrior, leader.

"We will walk this new world with new purpose."

Wyldefire: Javed Ullah Jasved Ben Laughing Crow "The Drophammer"
Smith

StephenReynolds

Post by StephenReynolds » Fri Sep 13, 2013 8:49 pm

Scale chooses his words carefully, beginning, stopping then finally starting to talk.

"We need to move people to the encampment to rest. I have got the Pack moving and done what I can for those nearby. There are a lot of Elves here though that will listen to you. For their sake can you get them moving to find shelter and rest?"

Scale pauses before carefully placing his hand on Tyrels shoulder.

"I am here if you want to talk later. I am sorry for it all."

Scale turns to begin walking amongest the crowd seeing if he can find any Beastkin.

Smileygoth
Sleep never fell upon his eyes; but he kept sure watch always

Post by Smileygoth » Fri Sep 13, 2013 9:07 pm

Kevralyn looks back and grins. "Right! Kallista, you deal with the camping arrangements. I'll find you when my contract's done."

She looks around, then selects a spot where she has a good view of everyone, and makes herself comfortable, casting an irritated glance at the stoatkin as it bounds a little too close.
IC: Sivni, a Lagamoora Goblin.

OC: Tracey. Hi!

mark
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe...

Post by mark » Fri Sep 13, 2013 9:34 pm

"You're right. We need to get moving." Tyrel looks over the crowd. So many wounded, desolate and scared people. This would not be easy.

He raises his voice to travel over the crowd

"People, I know you are all suffering. You are hurt and feeling lost. You have lost friends and family, fathers, mothers, brothers and sisters. Know that I mourn with you, I suffer with you and I feel that same pain. There will be a time to mourn, but for now we need to get to a place of safety." He walks around the group "There is an encampment set up not too far from here. Follow those who can direct you to it. Get food and what warmth can be offered and look to your wounds. We will get through this. We will survive."
Playing Classic: Tyrel Turanion
Widower, warrior, leader.

"We will walk this new world with new purpose."

Wyldefire: Javed Ullah Jasved Ben Laughing Crow "The Drophammer"
Smith

mickeyin
I Remember the Rejection

Post by mickeyin » Fri Sep 13, 2013 9:48 pm

When the new Degan Bearth held up her hand to silence him, Le'Sar simply pinched his nose with his hand, yes he was a little annoyed but then again he hjad interrupted a conversation. To be honest, at this moment, he was too tired to really be bothered with much. He wouldn't take it personally, but there was only so much he could take.

Once it was his moment to speak, he wouldn't be smiling, the bags under his eyes were clear but he was in no way the worst off here.

"A camp, yes, just over in those trees. A few tents have been pitched, a river for cleaning and some food. They don't really have a need to eat, but we brought food with us just incase so we have plenty."

He would move slightly towards where he had mentioned, but would stop to make sure someone was following him. Even if many didn't follow him, at least if some knew where they were they could relay the message.

One thing he would do before leaving though, was to note the Stoatkin one more time. He seemed to be making nothing but a nuisance of himself, but perhaps he could be useful?

"Fluffs! Have you got a moment?"

Noting back to Kallista he would signal to her that he would be on his way in a short time if she wanted to go on ahead.
Smurfs are a way of life...

OOC: Matt...or it or whatever people usually wanna call me

IC: Le'Sar ^^ R.I.P Bastian