New World Encampment.

A place for in character roleplay
CharlieP
I Remember the Rejection

Re: New World Encampment.

Post by CharlieP » Wed Sep 18, 2013 12:15 pm

"Ember, I'm here, where do you want me?" Solitae has a tray of tools held in her dripping hands, hastily washed from the last casualty.
Charlie

IC Lady Solitae Baen Itryn, Calaen Chronicler
OC Charlotte or Charlie, Also seamstress and first aider!

RIP Isthaniya, Cloud Fae,
RIP Lady Madeleine, Healer to the Royal house of Dilandau, King of Afacia

Skye
Defender of the HOL

Post by Skye » Wed Sep 18, 2013 1:42 pm

"Ah brilliant, first I need your help removing the axe. I'm going to continue to apply pressure, can you pull it out slowly and carelfully - try and pull it out straight taking care not to cause any more damage than has already been done"
IC: Lady Ember Edhel'er
Keeper of the Trees
Head of the Healers Guild

CharlieP
I Remember the Rejection

Post by CharlieP » Wed Sep 18, 2013 2:27 pm

Solitae looks dubious, but shuffles round to the right side of the patient, handing off the tray of tools. When she first touches the axe the Bearkin groans and those holding him grip tighter. She takes a firm grip, and on a nod from Ember, wrenches the axe clear. Despite their best efforts there is a fountain of blood before anyone can get enough pressure on the wound, but the casualty passes out so at least there are more hands free to help.
Charlie

Jester
Defender of the HOL

Post by Jester » Wed Sep 18, 2013 4:03 pm

The dwarf stands aside so Solitae and Ember can talk, watching them work on the bearkin, he winces as they pull the axe out of his neck. "Axe wounds, ive seen quite a few of these" he walks upto the head end of the bearkin and applys a strong grip to the side of his neck. The bleeding slows down quite abit. "You'll have to take over from here lass, i cant do surgery with one hand."
"Fortune has a fickle heart and a short memory"

IC: Fickle of House Clematis

OOC: Sabrina or Bea

Skye
Defender of the HOL

Post by Skye » Wed Sep 18, 2013 4:29 pm

As the axe is pulled out Ember quickly presses down a wad of bandages on the wound, next she grabs two sets of clamps, some fine mesh from her tool kit, a very delicate needle and thread and begins to repair the bleeding as quickly as she can. Clearly concentrating very hard as she speaks, "Lady Soliatae... could... you please start tending to his other wounds, see if there...." pausing she focuses intently on her work for a minute, "is anything else serious that needs to be dealt with. I've been rather preoccupied here"
Keeper of the Trees

CharlieP
I Remember the Rejection

Post by CharlieP » Wed Sep 18, 2013 4:36 pm

"Just scratches I think. It's difficult to tell with all the fur and armour. Perhaps his friends...," she looks up blankly at the faces around the stretcher, there isn't another bearkin, or any other beastkin in the immediate vicinity. "Well, someone anyway, can get him out of this lot so we can take a better look. Nothing obviously life threatening at least."
Charlie

Skye
Defender of the HOL

Post by Skye » Wed Sep 18, 2013 5:42 pm

With a few last stiches the flow of blood stops and looking up at the Dwarf, "Nicely done. I just need to close up the wound. He lost a lot of blood but I think we stopped the flow quickly enough - he should regain consciousness once his body has had a chance to recover a bit.”
Taking some scissors from her tool kit Ember begins to remove the matted hair around the wound so she could close it up. This she has done countless times and is able to give the rest of the body a quick glance over as she does. “I believe your right Lady Solitae” pausing momentarily to fell the beastkins ribcage… “Definitely a couple of broken ribs, but he’s going to be laid up for a while so those will mend on their own.” Getting a larger sturdier needle and thread she begins to stich the wound on his neck together and before long all that can be seen is a bald patch surrounding a large gash held together by many small neat stiches. Pointedly she looks at the unconscious bearkin, “You, my friend, are lucky to be alive… Now I expect you to wake up and rest, don’t make this effort worth nothing”
Last edited by Skye on Thu Sep 19, 2013 11:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Keeper of the Trees

dantony
One Cloudminder forgot

Post by dantony » Thu Sep 19, 2013 6:35 am

Fenton wonders out of the tent and returns with two uneven but smallish planks of wood, putting them on the table in front of Tyrel. Once he does that he looks around for the bruising and notices it with ease.
OOC - Daniel Thripp

Current Character - Fenton - Wolf Beastkin - Piety

Beta of the Pack, Member of the Malkon, Member of the New World Trading Company, Member of the Armourers Guild

"You loo' fabulous darlin'"

mark
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe...

Post by mark » Thu Sep 19, 2013 9:49 am

"Good lad. Now, you need to straighten the limb and set the bone in place. This will not feel nice, but if not done the bone will set incorrectly and leave him crippled."

Tyrel moves to the upper body and holds the elf down

"Ready when you are."
Playing Classic: Tyrel Turanion
Widower, warrior, leader.

"We will walk this new world with new purpose."

Wyldefire: Javed Ullah Jasved Ben Laughing Crow "The Drophammer"
Smith

dantony
One Cloudminder forgot

Post by dantony » Thu Sep 19, 2013 5:58 pm

Fenton gulps down deeply and grabs the elf's leg, holding firmly onto the leg. Fenton then takes a few breathes in before putting a large amount of pressure into the leg to try and snap it back into place, and as he pushes it, he feels an unholy feel as the leg pops back into the socket, causing a shiver to run up Fentons spine.
OOC - Daniel Thripp

Beta of the Pack, Member of the Malkon, Member of the New World Trading Company, Member of the Armourers Guild

Skye
Defender of the HOL

Post by Skye » Fri Sep 20, 2013 10:02 am

The bearkin now stable Ember pulls back the curtain surrounding them and is pleasantly surprised by what she sees. All the urgent patients had been seen to and now some were, like Tyrel and Fenton, dealing with the more serious cases and others stiching up the endless lacerations and minor injuries that had been sustained in the mists. Finding Samuel, the man she'd put in charge, busy with a patient and not wanting to disturb him she put her hand lightly on his shoulder, "I'm impressed, I couldnt have done a better job running this field hospital myself." and leaves him to get on with his work"

Leaving the hospital tent Ember blinking as the brightness hits her. The encampment had gone up at a rapid speed around them, cook tents had gone up where already people were at work preparing the food that had been brought back from the hunt. The food that had already been cooked was being handed out in a soup kitchen like set-up. Further past this groups had begun to form, mages discussed the possibility of leylines, hunters were forming more parties to send out to the woods, families were finding shelter and looking for those they knew. Gradually the chaos of the refugee camp was lessening as people milled about focussed on finding food and shelter.

Heading away from the hospital Ember searches for some faces that she recongnises.
Keeper of the Trees

mark

Post by mark » Fri Sep 20, 2013 10:22 am

"Good lad. Now just splint it in place." Tyrel smiles at the wolf "You're doing great."

Smith

dantony
One Cloudminder forgot

Post by dantony » Fri Sep 20, 2013 7:28 pm

Fenton smiles from the praise and grabs the two pieces of wood, placing them evenly on either side of his leg. He holds them in place with one hand while wrapping some rope around the wood to hold it in place and push it firmly against the leg. He looks up at Tyrel to see if he is doing the right thing.
OOC - Daniel Thripp

mark

Post by mark » Fri Sep 20, 2013 9:06 pm

"That's right. Now get it held in place and we're done."

Tyrel lets go of the elf and walks down to observe

Smith

dantony
One Cloudminder forgot

Post by dantony » Fri Sep 20, 2013 10:41 pm

Fenton finishes up adjusting the wooden planks and making them take the weight off the leg as much as possible. Then, just before Fenton finishes the healing process he moves round to the elf's head and starts grooming, cutting and sorting out his hair. It seems almost automatic to him.
OOC - Daniel Thripp