The journey.

A place for in character roleplay
Harri
I Remember the Rejection

The journey.

Post by Harri » Mon Jun 02, 2014 9:43 am

The people of the world's dream are far behind you now, but their generosity has not gone unnoticed. Honored Elder has kept all of his promises and the bellies of the caravaneers are full tonight. The mood is light and joyful as the night sky can be seen clearly for the first time in a week. A long, spear straight path of sky leads off into the distance, both the way the travellers have come and, more importantly, the way forwards.

The horror of the last week has left it's toll. There are some friends that have fallen and some that have stayed behind. However, due to the tireless efforts of the heroes of the free people, many who would have lost their lives are sleeping safely I'm their beds tonight.

The caravan has stopped for a brief moment to take stock of what it has; what it has gained, and what it has lost. The ruins of the watchtower, perhaps an abandoned half way house, have given a welcome taste of civilisation, and a defendable place to take stock. What's more, the council has decreed a well nedeed day of rest to relax, let the worries of the past seem like a distant memory, and eat and drink your fill of the food and ale that has been so hard fought for.

This day, you dine as heroes. Saviours of the caravan, forgers of the path forwards; but most of all you are the restorers of hope to the people of the old world. The journey forward may be long, but today the sun is shining and life is good.
Harri - Plot ref for Skully Classic.

smallbluething
One Cloudminder forgot

Re: The journey.

Post by smallbluething » Mon Jun 02, 2014 9:54 am

*Kallista takes a look around at the peoples saved, many more than she had expected. She needed to begin planning her excersion, the Degan B'earth here will be safe with this group, what she needed to do was better done solo. But first there were a few things she needed to do.*
Last edited by smallbluething on Mon Jun 02, 2014 11:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
IC - Captain Kallista - Degan B'earth Diplomat
She has an attitude, don't take it personal
NPC - Meryl who Peryls - Jareds Right Hand

mark
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe...

Post by mark » Mon Jun 02, 2014 11:32 am

Tyrel sits back and watches his people. The past several days had taken their toll and exhaustion was plain on his face. Hopefully soon they would reach the City of Scholars and safety would be secured for the civilians.
Playing Classic: Tyrel Turanion
Widower, warrior, leader.

"We will walk this new world with new purpose."

Wyldefire: Javed Ullah Jasved Ben Laughing Crow "The Drophammer"
Smith

Jester
Defender of the HOL

Post by Jester » Mon Jun 02, 2014 11:42 am

Havedra sits with the dwarves and their friends, they we're all chatting happily amongst themselves, drinking and eating, laughing at bad jokes and retelling stories from the old world and the encounters that had happened so far in this new world.

She takes another swig from her tankard. The sweet liquid an old familiar friend to her, but a friend she knew she had been spending too long in the company of. Looking across the group she see Druss. The conversation of the past few days swim through her head, she puts down her tankard begrudgingly. It was special to her, Thor had drank from it himself, blessed it to produce the best ale in the herd of lands, and even if it had only lasted 24 hours Havedra still drank from no other container, convinced any drink tasted all the better from being in this tankard.

As she sits deep in thought a hand rests on her arm, she looks up to see Kainz face, his face showing a look of concern. Havedra nods to him. Her anger at him had dissipated over the past few days, perhaps it was because she was thinking clearer from not drinking so much. Perhaps it was because all they had been through recently.
"Fortune has a fickle heart and a short memory"

IC: Fickle of House Clematis

OOC: Sabrina or Bea

mickeyin
I Remember the Rejection

Post by mickeyin » Mon Jun 02, 2014 11:44 am

The journey had been long, tiring, hunger had set in and a sense of unease had spread through the caravan, yet tonight everyone had seemed to lose all of that in a moment of calm. Later there would probably be a moment of remembrance, but for now, they feasted. Although he really hoped people didn't go too mad, they may have food but who really knew when they could restock like this again.

Ah well, it was time for a drink.
Smurfs are a way of life...

OOC: Matt...or it or whatever people usually wanna call me

IC: Le'Sar ^^ R.I.P Bastian

Hamsterbag
One Cloudminder forgot

Post by Hamsterbag » Mon Jun 02, 2014 12:52 pm

She could not remember the last time the people had feasted, perhaps that was why the air seemed so alive with it. Enough so that cares were discarded and worries put to one side - relieving in its own special way. But whilst there was merriment around her and she herself was allowed to join in such activities of drink and song, she chose not to. Instead Fallon sat to the side with the distinct creasing of the brow as if in deep thought and her fingers twiddling a leather cord. Eyes glazed, she tried to recall the events of the past few days and begun the work of trying to make some sense of them.
OOC: Jen M, 763 | Main SC: Ensign "Izahia Prussian Von Stavavitch", Hoch Katheder (Southern Alliance) | Past SC: Fallon Skylar, God Queen of the Silurians

"What can I say? Mother taught me to always be greedy."

Smileygoth
Sleep never fell upon his eyes; but he kept sure watch always

Post by Smileygoth » Mon Jun 02, 2014 3:02 pm

General Akasha stands to the edge of the caravan, eyes scanning the mists, her hands casually resting on the hilts of her swords. Her expression is characteristically dark. From time to time she turns to look over the people of the caravan, her eyes searching until she picks out Captain Kallista, the High Priest and the young Prince, before she gives a small, satisfied nod and turns back to the mists.
IC: Sivni, a Lagamoora Goblin.

OC: Tracey. Hi!

StephenReynolds

Post by StephenReynolds » Mon Jun 02, 2014 4:31 pm

Scale allowed the frivolity of the other Beastkin to wash over him smiling when any looked to him and nodding or waving encouragement when they looked like they needed it. Ptolomy was introducing some of the newer pack members to some wine he'd managed to liberate from Gods knew where.

All the while Scales mind flitted between the his bag containing the letter from Danik and 2 of the items around his neck. Somehow the dead Nosquian mage had forseen this world before setting them on the course here and despite being worlds away and dead he was still causing mischief. He had seen to it Scale carried part of Greeman though so the annoyance with the Nosque would be fleeting.

Not for the first time Scale wished Kargath were still here. He fingered the charm she had given him when he had received Greenmans blessing and continued the outward charade.

Inuyasha
Passing through

Post by Inuyasha » Mon Jun 02, 2014 5:12 pm

After the sudden but inevitable betrayal of the Cat and the death of Honoured Elder all Niabi wanted to do was flee, as was her nature. However kind words, hot food and pleasant drink persuaded her to stay, if only for the night.
When morning came and sleep had not she sat for a while in the shade of the trees, unseen by any who passed and began to decipher the situation she was in, was she to leave now, to wander the increasingly dangerous mists in the hope she found her lost tribe or was she to stay with the travelling people, many of whom had accepted her into their company and vowed to protect her. Most people were still asleep at this point, so no one stopped her from melting away into the dappled shadow of the deeper forest, she needed time to reflect in solitude.
Twilight came and Niabi was drawn towards the sounds of laughing and feasting, she silently skipped out of the trees in a few bounds as she realised she had found the travelling people again. No sooner had she joined the company than her drinking horn was filled and her worries of the past few days began to melt away.
Niabi, the wandering Grazer, had found her herd, her home.
IC: Brunhilde Hrafnsdóttir
Pirate priestess of the longship Falki, explorer from the Pirate Isles.

RIP:
Inuyasha (Yasha)
Freebourne Fae of Storms
Moon of the new world

Niabi (Naboo)
Wandering Grazer
Green Knight

OC: Ellie

mickeyin
I Remember the Rejection

Post by mickeyin » Mon Jun 02, 2014 5:30 pm

Looking around the room, Le'Sar saw the one person who probably needed him the most now, well in all honesty it was not him she needed, more someone else yet he could help.

Grasping his drink in one hand, he wanders over towards the new grazer in their midst, smiled warmly at her.

"May I join you?"

lilamber
Been here a while

Post by lilamber » Mon Jun 02, 2014 6:25 pm

Now the mists had subsided and the echos of old pain with them Ira sits quietly off to one side. Her eyes scanning their surroundings as she flips absentmindedly through Inuyashas' old sketchbook.
She could hear the merriment of the others around her, the relieved laughter of people grateful to have food and a small measure of peace. However her mind dwelled on recent events, the repeated mistake of misplaced trust with unfortunate consequences. They should not of lost Honoured Elder there was much they all could've learned from him.
"But we will remember and we shall survive." she whispered to herself, a small comfort but enough to allow her to enjoy a day of rest before their journey continued.
Ira
Fae of Flames
Member of the Mages Guild

OOC: Amber

Inuyasha
Passing through

Post by Inuyasha » Mon Jun 02, 2014 6:36 pm

"Shouldn't I be asking that question?" Niabi smiled to LeSar, "for I have decided I would like to stay with you and your company, I feel that I have found many friends here, a feeling almost forgotten before you all arrived".

RIP:
Inuyasha (Yasha)
Freebourne Fae of Storms
Moon of the new world

Niabi (Naboo)
Wandering Grazer
Green Knight

mickeyin
I Remember the Rejection

Post by mickeyin » Mon Jun 02, 2014 6:49 pm

"You seem to have been well received by all."

He would smile back once more before taking a seat right next to her.

"You did have a friend before we arrived though..."

His tone was a little on the saddened side after remembering how she was once they lost Honourable Elder.

TrevorHalliday
Passing through

Post by TrevorHalliday » Mon Jun 02, 2014 10:17 pm

Niiro was contemplative, meagre with his share of the rations, it seemed all too uncertain for him to feel frivolous with what had been gained versus what could come, and what was known to be out there.

He sat down, pulling three items out of his bag to regard in the light of the fire; he opened the small book with its worn edges, taking the quill into one hand, and opening the small bottle of ink with his other - he begun to write. Writing for perhaps thirty minutes he then stopped, and dwelt upon the events of what had happened.

So much in so little space of time, the village, the offer of the Honoured Elder, the politics and the part he had played in them, until he could no longer give advice to Matthew Shepherd, and then see the suspected trouble erupt - perhaps Shepherd chose wisely, for someone was always going to cause trouble.

Niiro knew his faith in his Hon comrades was well placed, Kae Lung had watched over Mika during the troubled hours. Debates had then followed, and options considered, some unpleasant to consider. And yet, through patience, through the teachings of the way, the truth had shown itself in flashes of the betrayals that others had succumbed to.

Casting his mind back, to better times, he thought of his training, the studies of war and looking around him, he saw so many things that made him balk; not in condemnation to the refugees that made up the survivors of the Heard of Lands, for their instincts for survival were strong, yet... they were all just stumbling forward, committed to hope in what had been and what could be, rather than what was, the here and now.

But he knew he did not see all, perhaps the caravan appeared as it did, and was in truth more - and that was a principle teaching in the arts of war.

He returned to his book, and wrote a simple word, perhaps a name and then considered what else to write; no words came to him as he thought on days seemingly long gone... for now...
Classic:
Komainu Niiro Yoshinari
Hon Samurai and Alchemist

Wyldfire:
Korsten, Son of Kara of Libron
Edain

Inuyasha
Passing through

Post by Inuyasha » Mon Jun 02, 2014 11:54 pm

Niabi's smile fell from her face and her eyes dropped away from LeSar, his words causing more pain than he could possibly know.
"Yes, LeSar, yes I did. We all had a friend in Honoured Elder. He taught me everything I know about surviving and the ways of this world, it was almost as if he was a part of me..." her eyes drifted towards the direction of the Circle where the goblin replacement now stood. The goblin was not known to Niabi, and feeling estranged from the one thing she honoured above all else was wholly alien to her. She stopped drinking, fearing that the unsettling feeling would reach her stomach too.

RIP:
Inuyasha (Yasha)
Freebourne Fae of Storms
Moon of the new world

Niabi (Naboo)
Wandering Grazer
Green Knight