The Mountain of Hope.

A place for in character roleplay
jamy
Defender of the HOL

The Mountain of Hope.

Post by jamy » Mon Feb 23, 2015 3:52 pm

Day 1. A Mountain of Hope.

Bran was tired of fighting for a group of people who never took the time to thank him. He had left his village decades ago, and had spent years fighting in wars that had never been a part of his people. He had defended the walls of the Afacian city, twice. He had combated the evils found within Dark wood. He spilled blood combating the Puppet Master and had tried to prevent the Dragon from destroying his world, when no one else would listen to his plight.

He had volunteered to travel to Afacia City, and to die to save the citizens of another country, and when freak chance had spared him this death, he had traveled with the survivors of the Old World, only to watch them destroy everything they had touched.

He understood the truth now. They were the Evil. They were the cause of the End of the Old World. The old world had been destroyed to cleanse them, and yet they had not been killed. And now, like a cancer, they were slowly ruining all that was good in this new world. It was why He had left with the North-men and the Dwarves. It was why they had finally reached this Mountain, blissfully clear of Mist.

Bran walked with Druss and Havedra, gazing at the clear, crisp snow on the mountain top, and the specks moving along the lower parts of the Mountain, hopefully wild sheep and goats, prime for taming and breeding. Closer to them, were signs of a mining pit, and the Dwarves were nudging and pointing, their joy clear upon their faces.

The north-men whooped and opened several hidden bottles of brew, laughing and expressing their joy in a much more open fashion, as is normal for the younger races. The Dwarves looked upon them with a mixture of the wizened care of age and shared joy. It seemed the decision to leave their ill fated companions had been a good one indeed.

Bran turned to Druss and Havedra, and clasped their hands in turn, grinning widely. ‘We've made it, it’s finally time to leave the past to itself, and start building a-new. I don’t think we could have planned a better location if we tried. Well... perhaps a Pub.’
‘Right, time to decide where to start. What are your thoughts, Druss? Havedra?’

(OOC: Dwarves and Northman only, feel free to read, but don’t post. Thanks.)
There's 30 silver, on the drum. For those who will agree to come, to fight with Northerners today! Over the hills and far away...

Jester
Defender of the HOL

Re: The Mountain of Hope.

Post by Jester » Mon Feb 23, 2015 4:29 pm

Havedra looked out as they finally exited the Mists. Exhausted from the pressure the Mists, the weight finally lifting she stood before the Mountain, and let the scene of true beauty wash over her.

This was surely the most largest, most glorious Mountain she had ever laid eyes on. It did not rival Dormar. It knocked Dormar out of the league. All it took was belief.

The old bastard was right the memory of the moments before stepping into the new world. What Danik had said.

She stood with Bran and Druss, hearing the Northmen celebrating. The rest of the contingent of dwarves they had taken were also celebrating now. Havedra was too tired to celebrate. She was filled with joy and elation at what they had achieved. But her body and mind were still heavy. Soon after, she knew her heart would feel heavy too, as she looks back at the mists they had left.

To the people she had left behind. Her friends. Her family.

But once they were settled, they would send word for them. A safe haven for them to visit or stay. She would see them again. She promised herself that much.
"Fortune has a fickle heart and a short memory"

IC: Fickle of House Clematis

OOC: Sabrina or Bea

MattBryant
Been here a while

Post by MattBryant » Mon Feb 23, 2015 4:44 pm

Druss wipes away the odd tear as he looks at the awe inspiring view of the Mountain. All thoughts of glorious death in combat left his mind and the great weight of the next part of Dwarven history hit him. This was a fresh start for them, they had better get it right.
Nodding in agreement at Brans words, Druss pauses for a moment deep in thought.
“Send out word amongst the Dwarfs, any Dwarfs with any surveying experience must make themselves known and begin preparations in conducting a detailed survey of the whole area.
We need to take inventory of all the travel rations we have and begin a rationing plan. From the looks of it we should be able to bulk it all out with foraging and hunting so scouting parties should be put together as soon as possible to find sources of fresh water and food.
We should find a good site for a quarry and a decent source of timber so we can begin constructing substantial shelter as soon as possible.”
Pausing Druss laughs
“We must find the 8 Dwarfs among us that have the longest beards and there council must be sought on all these decisions.
We should also gather any skilled writers and adepts and get them to conduct a detailed census of our numbers and skill sets.”
Druss looks too both Bran and Havedra with a smile on his face, he was clearly in his element.
aka ray mears as I never sleep in a tent
IC: Druss Ironbeard

Making Dwarfs cool since 2010

jamy
Defender of the HOL

Post by jamy » Mon Feb 23, 2015 11:45 pm

Bran grins at the Dwarves, laying a hand on each shoulder respectively.

'Me and mah North-men have been hunting and breeding on Mountains for more generations than you've had hot meals. Let us tend to tha supplies, while you an your Dwarves focus on what yu're good at. ALE!'

Bran slaps him on the back, staring at the Mountains again with joy.

Me an tha Lads will make our traditional huts further up the Mountain, and start herding some of them there distant sheep. We'll hunt down some bee hives, and do a fair wack of hunting and gathering to tide us over until the crops can be planted and harvested. Some of them flat lands over yonder would be perfect fo' that.'

Bran pauses a moment, his smile turning sad. 'I canne remember the last time I thought about plantin' crops....'
There's 30 silver, on the drum. For those who will agree to come, to fight with Northerners today! Over the hills and far away...

MattBryant
Been here a while

Post by MattBryant » Tue Feb 24, 2015 11:12 am

“I can’t remember the last time we brewed Ale….” Druss’s eyes welled up and he smiled broadly.

“Let’s make this place a welcome rest stop to all the other races, I’m tired of all our petty infighting, let’s do this right and save what is worth saving of the old world.” Druss smiles at them both and turns to look at the crowd behind them, he could see his fellow dwarfs awe struck by the view they were welcomed by. Many kneeling and offering thanks to Thor. He could also see past the awe on their faces and the realisation of what they now had, steady determination and resolution was forming on their faces as they realised the glorious work that now stood before them. It was time for the Dwarfs to do what they do best.

“I’m going to go see about organising the council of eight and getting a census going. I’ll let the other Dawi know of the plan but I’m sure the eight will have a great deal to add and say. This is the first day of the rest of our shared history my friends. Let’s make it a grand one.” Druss marched off with resolute determination.
aka ray mears as I never sleep in a tent
IC: Druss Ironbeard

Making Dwarfs cool since 2010