And The Caravan Moves On ....

A place for in character roleplay
Smileygoth
Sleep never fell upon his eyes; but he kept sure watch always

And The Caravan Moves On ....

Post by Smileygoth » Mon Feb 23, 2015 6:31 pm

... Away from the Spire, as the Mists close in around the city, the cries of the creatures within muted shrieks and cackles. For now, it seems, the Mist pays the refugees no heed as they flee; the City of Spires is the greater prize. But this will surely not last long.

The new additions to the caravan walk or ride with stunned expressions and hushed voices, hardly able to believe the circumstances they now find themselves in. The rest, seasoned travellers by now, have an air of weary resignation. Guards shout orders here and there, but beyond that the conversation is despondent and grave. Will they ever find a place to settle? Surely soon they'll find a town or a village that is safe enough to call home, or a place where they can build their own? Maybe the dwarves had the right idea, breaking off to claim their own territory? Or maybe they were now nothing more than echoes in the Mists, devoured by its insatiable appetite just as those they'd lost before had been - perhaps as they were destined to be?

In the distance, as the Mists ebb and flow, new landmarks become occasionally visible: the dark green stripe of a distant forest in one direction, and in another, an indistinct greyish shape that those lucky enough to have spyglasses reported appeared to be the ruins of what might have been a once great city. Here and there people spoke of going to one or the other, but for now there was just the road away from the Spire ...

Smileygoth

Re: And The Caravan Moves On ....

Post by Smileygoth » Mon Feb 23, 2015 8:06 pm

A little grey ratkin trots alongside the caravan, casting the occasional nervous glance at the Mists around them. She seems quite oblivious to the weariness and discontent evident amongst the refugees, though she is, like many others, muddy and blood-splattered, her thick fur matted and wet in places. Despite this, she seems quite content to be on the move again, muttering animatedly to herself.

"Gone 'way, yay, loo' safe pla'e. City bad, want urna ta'ae, stay in ta'ae an' be safe. Ta'ae be lilt'n, lilt'n ..."
IC: Sivni, a Lagamoora Goblin.

OC: Tracey. Hi!

Kainzthemage
Been here a while

Post by Kainzthemage » Tue Feb 24, 2015 1:45 pm

-Following the general direction of the crowd and not so far behind, the Ratkin ahead was a hooded man in a blue robe. The robe was torn and covered in mud and blood of his friends and enemies which the last battle surely took the toll out of him. His head was low and his arms just seemed to hang unclear of his thoughts and where as he did not seem to pay attention to where he was going. “Just forward once more.” The words of Havedra, this iron skinned version of her words still were fresh in his mind. "You have always held us back. You have failed." Maybe if Kainz had traveled with them maybe something different might’ve occurred, but the overwhelming feeling of losing all those he had known, losing Havedra his sister in arms might have been the worst. Druss in Kainz's eyes, was a warrior who could not be beaten. Lastly, Bran Kainz, always called him a master and was always scolded for it, but all of the Dwarves and the Northsmen the reality sunk in that they were gone, Kainz did not find any information about his friend Baranian. What was more was that he couldn't protect failed Rainbow. "What is the point?" -He said quietly in a defeated tone. Slowly raising his head, he watch the Ratkin barely mutter to herself. Some were alive, he was alive. We broke through the mist but the cost was still overwhelming and the thoughts rushed in and out as Kainz stumbled almost falling. "Forgive me Orik. I couldn’t keep my promise..." -Tears slowly formed as they fell from Kainz's face, he lowered the hood to cover more but just enough so he could see..- "It's raining again."
IC = Kainz Soulzin. Water mage in the Mage's Council, ! of 3 Founder of the "Order of Storms"

OOC = David Currie (always happy to help)

Hamsterbag
One Cloudminder forgot

Post by Hamsterbag » Tue Feb 24, 2015 2:57 pm

Fallon had been absent during the final events that inevitably swallowed the city, occupied with the caravans just like the rest of the few Silurians and ensuring they were ready once more for travel. But that did not mean she was ignorant to what had occurred. She had heard the whispers of what happened at the circle, she had heard of the death and carnage that was left behind in their steps and how they had dragged more than ever before now behind them. She did not speak up about it, too busy focusing on the task at hand, desperately trying to find some sanity in the madness that closed in around them in the form of swirling mists and cold grasp that came with it. She was a traveller and a healer, a rogue and a priest, she had the skills and had to focus on her tending just as her brethren did. And so, it was with steps that she moved on back and forth between the bodies, fingers wrapping the rough bandaging into rolls, the occasional glance to those who sat stunned and shocked within the wagons, ears catching the barely audible mumbles of words belonging to the disheartened.

Madness, all of it was madness.

Moving back through the group, she gave the paused look to the stumbling one in blue - not recognising the face as Kainz at first - before she stepped on towards him. Gently she spoke, hand patting onto his shoulder and then leading round to give him the small nudge forward with the rest of the group, "Do you need help?" she gave a pause, a small tilt of the head as she readied herself into a more neutral mindset of simple assistance, "Want to get yourself onto one of the carts to save your legs?"
OOC: Jen M, 763 | Main SC: Ensign "Izahia Prussian Von Stavavitch", Hoch Katheder (Southern Alliance) | Past SC: Fallon Skylar, God Queen of the Silurians

"What can I say? Mother taught me to always be greedy."

mickeyin
I Remember the Rejection

Post by mickeyin » Tue Feb 24, 2015 3:26 pm

They had fucked up.

There was no other way to explain it but what they all had thought was the right thing ended up being one of the worst decisions to date and another circle had fallen to the mists. They had fused a being together who was not meant to be and generally screwed everything up. A lush tower and town was gone, not that it was ever meant to be in the first place but they had to do right by the people they had not only brought with them from the previous world, but also the ones they had taken from the town just gone.

They had messed up, but they would atone for their crimes.

Le'Sar would look around at the caravan seeing how many they had gathered as well as those they had lost but he couldn't help but smile. He didn't want to be sad, now was not the time for greivances so why not smile at the happiness that they left behind? He would wave at the little rat kin and do a few pieces of signing towards her, mainly he would point at her and do a thumbs up. Hopefully she thought better of them but who knew.
Smurfs are a way of life...

OOC: Matt...or it or whatever people usually wanna call me

IC: Le'Sar ^^ R.I.P Bastian

StephenReynolds

Post by StephenReynolds » Tue Feb 24, 2015 4:10 pm

Scale stalked up and down the caravan lines helping people with injuries where possible but doing so in a less than cordial fashion. He had ordered some of the Pack back to form a rear guard on the caravan as at this moment in time he was frankly annoyed by their presence and angry at himself. He had been gone for a few days to meditate and think on his position and had returned to utter chaos.

He had seriously considered leaving them there and then. Shooting out on his own to find Trash and Niabi. Hells even to go plunging into the mists after the damn Dwarves and Northmen. A few things had stopped him. Lissa for one. With her gone only he and the reborn Father Gregor were the sole survivors of the dirty dozen. Lissa had died in this new world, Scale had to hope there was still some form of afterlife, the Gods were here in one form or another they just needed awakening...a foolish notion came to him he would have to try the next time they found a circle...until then he continued his patrol of the caravan.

Smileygoth

Post by Smileygoth » Tue Feb 24, 2015 7:23 pm

Mae gives the angry-looking beast kin a wide berth, eyeing him cautiously from time to from behind wagons and between the legs of walking refugees. She wanders up to Le'Sar and tugs on his sleeve carefully with one claw.

"Mae no see 'Bow," she says softly. "'Bow no come wit' y'all?"

mickeyin
I Remember the Rejection

Post by mickeyin » Tue Feb 24, 2015 7:43 pm

The little rat kin would tug on his sleeve and ask him a question about someone...someone who he wasn't sure who.

"Bow?...I'm not sure who you mean little one. Care to explain?"

Then it his him

"Wait...you can talk?!"

mrmike
Defender of the HOL

Post by mrmike » Tue Feb 24, 2015 8:20 pm

Mori tries to start a conversation with a cart driver from the city. They give him the death glare and say something about owing them a home. He moves in closer and speaks quietly to the driver quietly for a moment. The driver considers his words for a minute then says
'one copper and you can ride in back, take anything and I will find you and i will kill you'

Mori climbs onto the back and opens his bag. He takes out a book and some blank parchment.
"Preserve what we can one page at a time. Ok... page one. 'Avast mates! We all know this situation'..."
He continues reading under his breath as he transcribes one of the few books he managed to save from the old world. Taking comfort in keeping something else from dissapearing forever, no matter how trivial.
Mori:Malkon Mage. Council Member. Tea Drinker. Hat Wearer.

Smileygoth

Post by Smileygoth » Tue Feb 24, 2015 9:15 pm

"Taaallk."

She frames the word carefully. "Talk. Mae talk." She pauses, then says again, "'Bow nay come? Mae nay see 'Bow in ... people."

mickeyin
I Remember the Rejection

Post by mickeyin » Tue Feb 24, 2015 9:50 pm

"And you talk very well. Bow....I'm still not sure who Bow is...um, Who bow? What does Bow look like? Doe bow...."

And it dawned on him who bow was. Rainbow. The little Zebracorn that fell in the last battle or so he had heard.

"Do you mean Rainbow little one?"

Smileygoth

Post by Smileygoth » Tue Feb 24, 2015 10:10 pm

Her face lights up. "Rain...bow ... yay! Rainbow nay in people. Stay city?"

MarcLucy
Been here a while

Post by MarcLucy » Tue Feb 24, 2015 10:19 pm

Jackson follows behind, hearing the words between le'sar and mae, his mind dwelling on the moments he found Thirrions body by that of the little unicorn who had tried to save his life but was cut down aswell, the rage he felt raising again inside, he caught his reflection in the tankard that was serving to numb his pain, and the markings that had begun to spread from his eyes filled him with a sense of completeness that had evading him for years and calmed the rage from his bloodied hands.

He speeds up his slow walk to catch up, catching the excited look on the creatures face, he pauses for a second wondering whether to tell her that her friend is dead, or she is safe somewhere else, but the truth, regards of how painful has always been his way.

"hello there, are you talking about Rainbow the little unicorn, im afraid i have sad news, were you close?"
OC - Marc Lucy
IC - Mor'tai, Shivani fae, Aspect of Death
Id 203

mickeyin
I Remember the Rejection

Post by mickeyin » Tue Feb 24, 2015 10:29 pm

"..."

How to explain this to her? A being that they have only just met made friends and already one of them is gone.

"Rainbow is asleep, she...she has deserved a good rest for what she has done..."

Then another had joined the conversation. He was trying to be gentle with this but perhaps it did need a bit more of a direct approach.

MarcLucy
Been here a while

Post by MarcLucy » Tue Feb 24, 2015 10:37 pm

Jackson looks at Le'sar, nods in approval at the kindness that was just shown.
Offering up a bottle of mead to the fellow traveller...
"Never underestimate the comforts we have left, and dont worry about your friend, a good friend of mine is watching over her"
OC - Marc Lucy
IC - Mor'tai, Shivani fae, Aspect of Death
Id 203