The Silurian Quarantine

A place for in character roleplay
Hamsterbag
One Cloudminder forgot

The Silurian Quarantine

Post by Hamsterbag » Tue Apr 19, 2016 9:36 pm

Salt. Smoke. Burned flesh. Incense. Dried flowers. Totems. Runes. The small stake of land the Silurians had taken as their own space within the city rested upon the cusp of chaos. A calm before something much worse than a storm.

Somewhere beyond she heard the last rattle noised of a raven as it was killed. No doubt it would join the rest of its kin in the strange charms the various members had begun to create. Superstitious nonsense Fallon would have once called it, but even now she was beginning to grasp at straws. Wherever she looked she saw the sigils. Markings carved into walls, believed that they would protect people from harm. Others fixed and nailed upon doors marked them as warnings - avoid, do not enter less risk the infection spreading. And those who walked and already showed the signs of the disease found themselves quickly receiving the press of a painted hand upon their face. The people, her people, made her do it.

As if the notable addition of scaled skin around the eyes of the infected was not enough.

Fallon gave a glance down to her left hand, noting the black paint sticking to the palm and then her eyes drifting to the jar that hung from her waist filled with the culprit substance. She was the one who passed judgement, the one who diagnosed them and the one who swung the blade - though the latter was more figurative at present. There was a deep inhale, a glance down to her tunic, the short sleeves and bare hands. Keep the skin exposed to the eye, make it possible to detect the early onset where possible. From there the belt with tools hanging from it. The silver kukri, the small tools for simple surgery, bandages.

The Thegn continued to walk, taking the narrow streets to the edge, following the salt path that had been poured out to designate safe routes of travel. Her direction was to the edge of their section, to ensure the totems remained in place - if anything as a warning of what was within. From there, see if there was any missives from others who had nailed letters to the walls. Questions, updates, a variety of things. The others knew when to stay clear it seemed, and she would not encourage hospitality with outsiders - for their safety to say the least. And as she walked she gave her people wide berths, attempting to avoid contact while her thoughts continued to turn around. When she reached the edge did she finally stop and perch against the wall, looking out across the street that divided them from the others. Carved dragon heads, symbols of fire, the faint clink of chimes hanging from things.

A bitter taste hung on her lips.

Sil is Fire. Fire is pure. Fire is life. Fire is a release. Energy. Passion.

She gave an internal sigh.

But it was also a destroyer.
OOC: Jen M, 763 | Main SC: Ensign "Izahia Prussian Von Stavavitch", Hoch Katheder (Southern Alliance) | Past SC: Fallon Skylar, God Queen of the Silurians

"What can I say? Mother taught me to always be greedy."

Smileygoth
Sleep never fell upon his eyes; but he kept sure watch always

Re: The Silurian Quarantine

Post by Smileygoth » Tue Apr 19, 2016 9:42 pm

Hurried footsteps sounded behind her, and following them, Mother Metis appeared, armour discarded and sleeves rolled up.

"I heard," she said softly. "Where are the stricken ones?"
IC: Sivni, a Lagamoora Goblin.

OC: Tracey. Hi!

pat
I Remember the Rejection

Post by pat » Tue Apr 19, 2016 9:52 pm

Along the road that lead from the city to where the Silurians were base, a person dressed all in white walked down. As he got closer it was Dr Ezeakiel, his box in one hand and lantern in the other. Seeing Fallon he works over to her.

With a look of clam "Thought you could do with a hand, where do you need me."
Dr Ezeakiel of the traveling hospital and star courts

Vorlaith
Been here a while

Post by Vorlaith » Tue Apr 19, 2016 10:12 pm

Vor slips his cloak down from his head, as he steps into the room and gently places his hand on the white fae's back

"Ezeakiel forgive me, I have not the time to assist you in your endeavors. I'm here on behalf of his grace" Vorlaith hums in his ear and strides past.

"Thegn. Fallon. My friend. What new test has Sil placed before you?" Vor asks as he rises from a deep bow.
IC - Vorlaith
OC- Glenn, but not THAT Glenn. =D

Arun
Passing through

Post by Arun » Tue Apr 19, 2016 10:20 pm

Trash walks down the street quickly after hearing the news and spots a few familiar faces and heads towards them, " since when was Afacia this organised? " He sais quickly realising this probably isn't the time for jokes.

He turns to his friends, "if you need help I'll be right here, haven't got anything else to do around here " He smirks.
Trash - Cub of Kargath, Prince in darkwood. Cheif of the ACPD

Jalik Warrior of the Edain and Sanctuary of the old world

OC:Arun Boyle
ID:528

Hamsterbag
One Cloudminder forgot

Post by Hamsterbag » Tue Apr 19, 2016 10:24 pm

Fallon was pulled from her thoughts rather forcibly to the sound of a pair of shining ones. A small blink as she gathered and came to focus firstly upon Mother Metis, and then to Ezeakiel as he came down the road, before finally resting upon Vorlaith. Easing herself up, she looked upon them both and slowly nodded, but kept a notable distance from them.

"I have seen to some of them, the obvious at least. And marked them out," she gave a gesture to the blackened hand, "I will lead you to them. I would cover your mouth just in case however. We are still unsure on how it spreads. Do you think it is safe that you come to us Silurians, shining ones?" Her gaze looked to Vorlaith, hardening briefly, "Don't bow. Bowing makes me uncomfortable. And is it safe for you to be here? You are human like us." A pause, she knew he would do what he wanted regardless. She gestured them to follow her into the narrow streets, "Come with me. And stick to the salt path where you can. It is the safe and cleanest route we have throughout at present." Pulling a broader strip of cloth from her pouch she pulled it across her jaw and began the process of leading them on.

"Word travels fast. It is good to know that we have some backing," with a cocked brow she spied the Beastkin and merely smirked, "Oh. I am sure we can find plenty of things for you to do. Want to check to see if any other of my kin are hiding symptoms?"
OOC: Jen M, 763 | Main SC: Ensign "Izahia Prussian Von Stavavitch", Hoch Katheder (Southern Alliance) | Past SC: Fallon Skylar, God Queen of the Silurians

Arun
Passing through

Post by Arun » Tue Apr 19, 2016 10:40 pm

" Yeah I heard about it quite quick in the streets, I think people are beginning to get a bit edgy about all of this"

He looks around quickly, "where do you want me to start?"

Smileygoth
Sleep never fell upon his eyes; but he kept sure watch always

Post by Smileygoth » Tue Apr 19, 2016 11:01 pm

Metis visibly recoils. "What did you call me?"

Obviously shaken, she shrugs it off. "No matter. I am Sidhe, I doubt the disease can harm me. And if it can or no, the stricken need care. Take me to them."
IC: Sivni, a Lagamoora Goblin.

OC: Tracey. Hi!

ArchixClawBorne
Passing through

Post by ArchixClawBorne » Tue Apr 19, 2016 11:22 pm

Shield slung on back, but with familiar bright red attire left behind, Archix trudges towards the group forming on the street, eyes fixed at some point in the distance. This was no time for bright color, and the air was thick with distrust. One solitary flash of red covered his mouth and nose, and hid the most of the red markings on his face. The Drengr of Siluria answer to the Thegn and to the people, and it was clear with whom he needed to speak.

"My Thegn.." He called as he approached, lowering his head. "Friends.." He acknowledged the gathered folk, some he recognized, having drunk around fires with them merely a moon before. A different world it seemed.

Pragmatic and direct, Archix addressed the issue concerning him most, "Have we learnt anything new? The people are scared and growing suspicious of eachother, I'm unsure how long we have before panic sets in, and peacekeeping becomes less.. peaceful."
IC- Thegn Archix Clawborne of The Silurians.

OOC- Tom Briggs, 891
"Silurian justice is for Silurians, outsiders are not afforded the same luxuries".

Vorlaith
Been here a while

Post by Vorlaith » Wed Apr 20, 2016 12:42 am

Nodding in acknowledgement towards Archix, he pressed on.

"You are a noble, it would be uncomely to not recognize that, but i'll bare your wishes in mind going forwards. Safe for me here? I don't know in truth, but, what ally would I be if I only helped when it was safe? What do we know about what is going on, and what do we think?"

A prayer to Akarne slipped through whispering lips, as he looked around. No, he wouldn't cover his mouth, wouldn't show weakness. He didn't know the source of this trial but strength and faith in his brothers and sisters could only toughen their resolve, and he wouldn't alienate them behind a mask.

"This isn't the first terrible illness to plague our people, one of the elves is sick too, could they be linked, Ezeakiel?
IC - Vorlaith
OC- Glenn, but not THAT Glenn. =D

Hamsterbag
One Cloudminder forgot

Post by Hamsterbag » Wed Apr 20, 2016 6:49 am

"I don't blame them for being edgy. I would be wary too," There was a moment to consider the best start of the option, "Start sweeping the unmarked streets.Say it is on behalf of the Thegn and the peace of the city. I don't know, I'm sure you can think of a convincing argument."

"Shining ones,"
her finger pointed to her than Ezeakiel, "It is what the Silurians call Fae. Sometimes. You are both squishy, have markings and have a dislike for non-precious metals being near you... There are similarities, despite you calling yourself Sidhe. Was it incorrect to call you so?"

With a nod back to Archix she gave him a more tired smile, "My Drengr. I would perhaps advise we do not go about on a mad crusade to burn banners and idols while this more pressing issue occurs?" With the prompting of both of the humans to the question and the pure stubbornness of the Afacian she moved to what she did know, "It is not just your safety I think of Vorlaith. It is the safety of those connected to you, and those connected to them. But, the choice is yours to make."

"I would use the word disease loosely. I am still trying to consider where the original source of it stems from, be it a location, an item or some other species - if anything so we have an idea of what to stay clear of."
It was along the salt path she pointed to a door marked out by a black hand, "In there. One of the women has it. She has been marked. I would try to avoid her spit however. It's rather... hot."

"Symptoms. Symptoms I can do. Scales forming across the chest and around the eyes. Fluids have a tendency to become highly flammable. Increase in temperature. Spontaneous combustion,"
she drummed the fingers of her clean hand against her chin, "What I think however? I could only pluck at theories. But I think I know, we know, exactly what this disease is trying to at least mimic."

Arun
Passing through

Post by Arun » Wed Apr 20, 2016 7:00 am

" Are we sure it is only effecting humans? Because if so I could get the pack to help me, I might have to track scales down as he left in the night I'm presuming, he's dealt with outbreaks before." Trash looks around the deserted street trying to find someone other the people he is standing with, "I've never seen something as bad as this."

He looks at the Thegn with a look of worry in his eye , " we don't want another Dark wood incident that's for sure."

jwhitehurst7
Passing through

Post by jwhitehurst7 » Wed Apr 20, 2016 9:02 am

Eldunarí slipped quietly though the darkness, finally settling in an alley where we could see and hear what was going on. He knew he was concealed from all aside from Trash and most likely Vorlaith. Hood over head, dressed in black attire as is the custom of his people, he waited. Gathering information, waiting for a moment that his assistance was required. Elves had never seen eye to eye with the Silurians but he could not sit by and watch the suffering of others.

As the wind whistled he could have sworn the voice of his fallen friend Ember whisper "healing..."
IC: Eldunari Ebrithil.
OOC: Josh Whitehurst

Watcher, scholar, teacher, diplomat.

"Winter to summer, death to life and so the cycle turns. In Elm's name we are blessed."

pat
I Remember the Rejection

Post by pat » Wed Apr 20, 2016 9:21 am

He looks to fallon warmly "it is never safe when you and our fighters go to the front line, this is my front line. Also what Dr is afraid of a illness".

Looking to Vor the warmth in his face falls slightly but with effort stays there. "if an elf has caught this that is a concern, I would like to see them"

Looking to the group " theories are what we need. I believe this is a form of Transmutation, When the god was a wolf some of the silurians could become one. But a wold it blood, flesh and bone, combatable with a human. Now the god is a dragon, his worshipers are becoming part dragon , I believe, and the human form can not take it. If an elf has become ill, They would need to be examined and we need to confirm their faith. Also if it magic, there are tests I can do to confirm this"

Looking back to Fallon "Thegn, I would surges we get a list of all infected with where they live, work, places they have been and social standing to see what food they eat. If it has spread to other races outside the faith I would side with Quarantine. Also when did you last sleep and eat?"
Dr Ezeakiel of the traveling hospital and star courts

Hamsterbag
One Cloudminder forgot

Post by Hamsterbag » Wed Apr 20, 2016 10:38 am

Fallon frowned, "I don't think any of use want a repeat of Darkwood. It's why it is best to act now before the situation becomes worse."

To the words of Ezeakiel she only nodded in agreement, "It seems we are both of a similar line of thought. As Sil said, What is the same as above is as below. However, I am under the understanding that Silurian lycanthropy is tied to bloodlines, or is a blessing from Sil himself. As until now we were not aware of any such kin, wolf or skinchanger or whatever you desire to call them being among us since the old world. Which leads me to believe that this may be something more dormant waking up within, and tied to blood." She reached into her pouch to pull forth her notebook, "There is some weak evidence to suggest this, but I would not put all of my money on it. As for people I've at least inspected myself..."

She was silent as she flicked through the pages and came to a stop on the desired one. The Thegn cleared her throat, "There is Isla, she is one who has progressed along the most. I believe she was working as a crafter of sorts. Nomad perhaps. Certainly educated at least. There was her son, Audun, but he is no more. I believe our priests are presently preparing for his cremation. At least, what little remains of them. If you want to inspect now is probably the time to do it. There was another older man, Wen, and another child known as Talin. Both deceased," she exhaled, "As for the others I'll see about getting the names and details, won't be hard to find the marked ones. Tops of half a dozen. Won't be too hard. Social standing we are more or less all the same, no true nobility, no cast ranking. I am only a Thegn because the people chose it. We do our best to try and look after each other."

"Personally? Sleep came to me last night, one of our mages sent me off rather forcibly and told me to continue in the morning. I was supposed to keep watch but..."
she shook her head and rid herself of the thought, "That did not happen. Quarantine I am already beginning to herd my people into one area. I do not want to risk exposure to the others."