At the highest point in the world

A place for in character roleplay
Hamsterbag
One Cloudminder forgot

At the highest point in the world

Post by Hamsterbag » Mon Jun 06, 2016 8:24 pm

Fallon had not noticed that the air was so thin here on the mountain, that the wind was cutting and chilling. The sun had grown warm, setting the world into a gilded glow while the faint stench of battle lingered and lifted. The curse of the Red Scales had dispersed, slipping away from the infected. They had been victorious. Prevailed over the threat. It should have been a time of joy, celebration.

Yet why did it hurt so much?

Her attention however was split, confused and splintered. Her arms were still shaking, her eyes looking forward and out, the dark black paint still across her face, the blood still sticking to her. It was her fingers however that remained gripped around a weapon that should be nothing more than myth - Wolf's Bane.

The scent of smoke and ash still clung to her senses, the furious look in the eyes of her God, the Silurians' God, as they lead the battle to break his mortal vessel. The gaze turned upwards then, towards where the pillar of light, that burning ring within the sky once was. Had he gone? Had they succeeded? Would he be angry? He seemed angry then, but before he seemed to know the price that had to be paid. He knew and accepted what was coming.

You will not be able to speak to me for a while, but I will return.

But now all that was done, what was to be the fate of her people? Would he?

She swallowed. Letting her gaze look down to her hand, the signs of frostbite still upon them received from the previous night, and then the sword itself. She helped an Afacian, an outsider, fulfil a task that should have been left to one of her kin. To slay a great dragon, their god. Instead, they were to merely assist - fight with him despite their heart not being in it. It left a bitter-sweet taste in her mouth, that knowledge that Sil already knew, and that she already knew deep down. In hindsight she had known for months. Despite all the want to push it away. Despite all the resistance to it. It had to happen. It did not mean she had to like it however.

A sigh, she gave a sink down to her knees, letting Wolf's Bane drop to the ground. Tired, lost, frightened - she pushed the emotions down. Now was not the time. She had to stay strong for them.
OOC: Jen M, 763 | Main SC: Ensign "Izahia Prussian Von Stavavitch", Hoch Katheder (Southern Alliance) | Past SC: Fallon Skylar, God Queen of the Silurians

"What can I say? Mother taught me to always be greedy."

Smileygoth
Sleep never fell upon his eyes; but he kept sure watch always

Re: At the highest point in the world

Post by Smileygoth » Mon Jun 06, 2016 10:43 pm

Metis wanders over, her skin still waxy and pallid, the red scales that were creeping across her face all the brighter and more lurid for it. Her gaze follows Fallon's up to the skies.

"He did it at last, then," she says softly. "I'm glad. Not just for my own life, but for yours too." She gestures to encompass all the Silurians in her statement. "He's proved himself worthy of his children."

She looks at Fallon carefully. "You did the right thing," she says. "You know it, he knew it, they all know it too. Death isn't an end, just a transition. All the faiths and all the spirits tell us so."
IC: Sivni, a Lagamoora Goblin.

OC: Tracey. Hi!

Marco Bladen
One Cloudminder forgot

Post by Marco Bladen » Tue Jun 07, 2016 3:13 am

Storvirk sits nearby, dejectedly throwing rocks and watching them bounce and skitter over the rocks below. The thrill of battle and flush of victory has clearly passed and now he just looks wretched and uncertain. He looks over to Metis and Fallon and speaks in a low voice full of sadness.

"It should have been one of us. Destiny be damned, it should have been one of us that did it..."

He casts another rock off the edge of the cliff and silently watches it clatter away, provoking a miniature avalanche of gravel to cascade down the mountainside.
Storvirk Ironfang: Sword of Siluria
He is our Fire! We are his Flame!
He is the Ocean! We are the Storm!

Hamsterbag
One Cloudminder forgot

Post by Hamsterbag » Wed Jun 08, 2016 8:13 am

Her brow creased and her head bowed. Silent as she listened to the words of her kin, eyes narrowing as she let her gaze in silence look once more onto Wolf's Bane. Her hand itched, the mind continuing to swirl. Fear turned, twisting and blooming into rage. Lips peeled back into an angry snarl, before she firmly slammed her hand to the ground. Control, calm, do not let such command her.

It did not stop it from bubbling beneath however.

Focus that rage onto something, anything but this bitter victory. What could they do? What should they focus themselves on? Should they wait for him? His return? Should they look to find their home? Should they look to make a place their own? A place to take for themselves? A place to bring him to?

Her hand picked up one of the pebbles on the floor, grasping it tightly and squeezing her frustration into it. They had followed their God until the end. This was their payment, the consequences for their actions. She exhaled, "I know. I know."
OOC: Jen M, 763 | Main SC: Ensign "Izahia Prussian Von Stavavitch", Hoch Katheder (Southern Alliance) | Past SC: Fallon Skylar, God Queen of the Silurians

Smileygoth

Post by Smileygoth » Wed Jun 08, 2016 7:16 pm

Perplexed, Metis looks from Fallon to Storvik, unsure what to do. Finally she turns and wanders a short distance away, then sits down under a tree. Humming a slow, mournful tune under her breath, she pulls out her healing materials and starts to inspect them, then pauses to look around.

"It's nice up here," she says. "Perhaps you should stay here, if you're looking for a home. The site of Sil's ascension ... a mountain protected by a great spirit. Hard to invade, too, all the way up here."

Hamsterbag
One Cloudminder forgot

Post by Hamsterbag » Thu Jun 09, 2016 8:31 am

Fallon looked back after the Sidhe as she moved, face set into contemplation. Home. That was to be the next task now. Find them a home, settle them and regrow. A new Silur for the Silurian people. But here?

Her tongue wet her lips.

"No," she exhaled. Her gaze lifted from Wolf's Bane and then looked forward, out once more to the eastern horizon, "I mean, yes, we could. But... her eyes narrowed as she attempted to gather her thoughts. It was slowly she stood a moment of hesitation, "How long ago was it now since we helped the avatar Forbidden Knowledge gather what she needed to create a circle? How long ago was it that we sent her east, to the untapped potential and where our home once lay?" Fallon turned her head to Storvik then, "A year?"

Focus them, give them purpose. Lay the way for his return.

She looked down to Wolf's Bane then. Solidifying some resolve she reached down and firmly grasped upon it, her face turning east once more, "Sil challenged us once. He told us to go forth and find our home, to conquer, to take it by force and make our mark upon it. That challenge, that prophecy is one he made to us to fulfill. And it still stands." Her words were to the world, "Home is out there waiting for us. We must prepare ourselves for that long journey East, and I will do all in my power to make it ours." Her grip tighten around Wolf's Bane, shoulders squaring, "The question now is... Will you follow me?"

Marco Bladen
One Cloudminder forgot

Post by Marco Bladen » Thu Jun 09, 2016 1:14 pm

Storvirk looks up, with something like a smile playing over his lips.

"Always."
Storvirk Ironfang: Sword of Siluria
He is our Fire! We are his Flame!
He is the Ocean! We are the Storm!

Smileygoth

Post by Smileygoth » Thu Jun 09, 2016 11:04 pm

Metis lowers her head in a gentle nod. "As you say, Thegn. I'm still ignorant of many of your ways, so I speak as an outsider. But though my perspective is different, I am at your service. If east is where you feel your path takes you, then east I will go with you."