Free Oasis

A place for in character roleplay
RobDFF
Defender of the HOL

Free Oasis

Post by RobDFF » Tue Jun 07, 2016 10:36 pm

A bead of sweat pours down his temple collecting blood splatter, sand and dirt as it trickles down to his chin collecting in his beard. Wiping his stinging eyes from the drops of grime, he flinches catching a cut across his brow with the slashed leather from his gloves.

Running his fingers down the edge of his sword it surprises him how smooth it is. With skin of iron, the Dwarves have all but blunted his great sword. It was a pleasant surprise to see his sword in one piece, after striking Druss several times the recoil alone made the blade feel like it would shatter into a million pieces. He felt every bone in his arms ache as though every strike he made had caught up with him.

With his armour rent, the remnant of the chain rings of his mail dangle helplessly off his hard leather chest piece and shoulders. The battle was tough but the southern lands are at least safe, for now. But at what cost, he thinks to himself, at what cost fighting those he once called friends and fought with side by side, now enemies. Was it worth it?

Back at his caravan he prepares himself to depart from the south, removing his armour and filling a bowl with fresh water so he might wash his face and clean his wounds. Water drips from the rag as he lifts it from the bowl wiping his face, carefully dapping at the cut on his brow, one of many he'll probably find.

Allowing the water to drip from his face he takes a look outside of his caravan, seeing many of his friends and those he fought beside return. He takes a moment and mutters to himself,

"Was it all worth it."

He hoped the Silurians had succeeded, as of course the only reason we were down south was due to them. But seeing that the circle had not been undone and the mists hadn't swarmed in, he assumed they had.

With his wounds clean and his body free of grime and the dirt of battle, he threw the bowl of water away, pouring the now dark crimson red liquid into the sand beneath his caravan. Sitting himself down upon it's steps pipe in hand and a tankard of ale to wet his mouth, he relaxed thinking of Darkwood.
Guilgalad Tidrin
Malkon Way Walker

"True Courage is knowing not when to take life, but when to spare it"

OOC: Rob Driscoll

dantony
One Cloudminder forgot

Re: Free Oasis

Post by dantony » Wed Jun 08, 2016 5:55 am

Fenton approached looking rather unscathed after the battle they had just fought in. He wore no armour to break and he had no weapon to blunt and generally he managed to avoid combat most of the battle. He walked over to Guil and sat next to him, showing to the elf the glowing burn on the side of his face the marked the entire side.

Fenton got out a log book with NWTC: Masters of Procurement written on the face of it. He pulled out a quill and started dotting down numbers and words that, if Guil could read seemed to be stock keeping for the company. Fenton looked up at him as he wrote showing to Guil his deep set metallic dark grey eyes that weren't the eyes Fenton had before and he said

"Need anything stitched up?" he asked, looking back down again and writing in his book. Fentons hand writting was strange to see. It was a combination of neatly written with hands but as if he was avoiding certain positions of holding the pen as if he was using his claws. Fenton knew how to write, but was very new at it and was still learning a bit.
OOC - Daniel Thripp

Current Character - Fenton - Wolf Beastkin - Piety

Beta of the Pack, Member of the Malkon, Member of the New World Trading Company, Member of the Armourers Guild

"You loo' fabulous darlin'"

RobDFF
Defender of the HOL

Post by RobDFF » Wed Jun 08, 2016 11:52 am

"No I'm fine thank you Fenton." Guil replies looking first at his hands, that were entirely new and strange to see on a Beastkin, especially one he had known for many years. He eyes then travelled upwards to his and looking puzzled asked,

"What's the matter with you now, your eyes, they don't belong to you."

Taking a sip from his tankard he placed it down by his feet, reaching next for the pouch on his belt.
Guilgalad Tidrin
Malkon Way Walker

dantony
One Cloudminder forgot

Post by dantony » Wed Jun 08, 2016 1:31 pm

Fenton looked back up at Guil and shrugged a bit at him. The eyes were strong eyes, the had meaning and force behind them bt that wasn't from the way Fenton was presenting his eyes through frowning or smiling, it was just the eyes/

"I met the Iron Warlord and I will prove to him that the Tor'keth are working to betray him. So no he see's and hears everything that I see or hear. He called it a gift..." Fenton said, sounding a little bit unsure in his voice
OOC - Daniel Thripp

Beta of the Pack, Member of the Malkon, Member of the New World Trading Company, Member of the Armourers Guild

RobDFF
Defender of the HOL

Post by RobDFF » Wed Jun 08, 2016 3:47 pm

Looking him directly in his cold hardened metallic eyes, Guil hears the uncertainty in Fenton's response. As he pulls out his tobacco tin from his pouch he replies in earnest,

"And what do you believe them to be Fenton?" awaiting patiently for his response, opening his tin and pinching the rich smelling tobacco placing it in the bowl of his pipe.
Guilgalad Tidrin
Malkon Way Walker

dantony
One Cloudminder forgot

Post by dantony » Wed Jun 08, 2016 4:30 pm

Fenton closes his book and puts it back in his bag, fumbling with the strap as he tries to lock and unlock the simple catch on the bag. Fenton leans back, pushing his back slightly against the caravan hearing a loud crack as his back clicks back into place.

"Well, I went on a mission the other evening to find out what the Tor'Keth plans were and we found them to be doing the mission to destroy the mountain elemental thing. That would have destroyed the Iron Dwarves and they seemed to know this and actively working on this. So, I believe the Tor'Keth are planing to betray the dwarves and I will find evidence of this."
OOC - Daniel Thripp

RobDFF
Defender of the HOL

Post by RobDFF » Wed Jun 08, 2016 6:58 pm

"Well that's obvious," Guil replies sharply,
"Sadly the Dwarves are far too stubborn to accept that, so I hope your evidence works." he continues, calming himself.

They sit awkwardly for a moment, Guil realising that his quick and slightly aggressive response may have taken Fenton aback.

"Sorry Fenton, just all this Tor'Keth business boils my blood. How are the hands working out for you?" he asks, changing the subject.

Finding a match Guilgalad finally lights his pipe, clouds of smoke fill the immediate area briefly blinding them both. The match gradually goes out as the bowl of his pipe glows hot as the tobacco is lit.
Guilgalad Tidrin
Malkon Way Walker

dantony
One Cloudminder forgot

Post by dantony » Wed Jun 08, 2016 11:07 pm

Fenton grumbles as he looks at his hands, feeling grateful to have some way of holding and feeling things again however not liking how they feel.

"Meh" Fenton shrugs "They get the job done but they feel so weird. I am grateful the Greenman gifted me with these but I can't help but feel less like a beastkin. Unless I focus my bark I just feel... lesser almost." Fenton looks down sadly "I left my dagger at the bar the other night and in the morning I went to retrieve it and the bartenders said to give them a copper or they wouldn't get it back. DOn't get me wrong, I had the money but I wasn't told about this and they were being assholes about it. I said no, grabbed my dagger, went to walk away and they knocked me out and left me in the woods somewhere. Luckily I got John McJohn to help me but I couldn't help but be annoyed that I couldn't deal with it myself due to not having claws that were always with me. It just leaves me extremely vulnerable"

Fenton grips hold of his dagger and then drops it on the floor, kicking it away from him "It isn't the same" he says, slightly annoyed "I can heal better, trade better, hold things easier, all of it. But it just isn't the same"
OOC - Daniel Thripp

jwhitehurst7
Passing through

Post by jwhitehurst7 » Thu Jun 09, 2016 1:48 pm

Eldunarí had been listening from a distance. He stood near one of the smaller pools of the Oasis washing the blood and gore from his face and hands. Listening to Fenton and Guil's words sadness washed over him. Drying his face with his tunic and picking up his shield he slowly walked over to his friends wincing at his injured leg.

"Be at peace Fenton, these things will take time and the Greenman gifted you with hands for a reason, don't be disheartened."

El smiled at Fenton before gingerly lowering himself to the floor.

"How are we doing? You both look sore and tired."
IC: Eldunari Ebrithil.
OOC: Josh Whitehurst

Watcher, scholar, teacher, diplomat.

"Winter to summer, death to life and so the cycle turns. In Elm's name we are blessed."

dantony
One Cloudminder forgot

Post by dantony » Thu Jun 09, 2016 2:20 pm

Fenton went back into his bag and brought out a roll of bandages and a needle

"Bring your leg closer, I'll sort it out a bit for you" he said, motioning for Eldanari to bring his leg closer

"I know the Greenman gave me these for a reason but I don't know why. Why did he give me anything?" Fenton says "Also, I'm alright, I didn't get too involved in the fight to be honest"
OOC - Daniel Thripp

jwhitehurst7
Passing through

Post by jwhitehurst7 » Thu Jun 09, 2016 4:27 pm

El shuffled towards Fenton so that his leg was in easy grasp.

"Damn the Mist King and damn the Tor'Keth. It is horrible having to choose which of our friends we keep and which ones we kill. I wish there was a way we could have helped the Dwarves."

As Fenton began examining his leg he looked out at the Oasis which had been covered in Mist when they had arrived. He watched some of the children and their parents drink and splash and play, it brought him comfort knowing that he and his friends had brought a piece of happiness to the caravan but how long for....
IC: Eldunari Ebrithil.
OOC: Josh Whitehurst

Watcher, scholar, teacher, diplomat.

"Winter to summer, death to life and so the cycle turns. In Elm's name we are blessed."

Paradise
Defender of the HOL

Post by Paradise » Thu Jun 09, 2016 8:28 pm

Menal can be seen moves toward the group he looks slightly more energised than normal "gentleman" nodding at each of them
"well I think my fighting is emproving I defently enjoying it more or is that down to my totem " looking at Fenton "it dose not suprize that they going to betray the dwarves , I am sure You Can prove to them that fact I would rather have them onside than to kill them"
Paul Mellowship
IC Marbleous Stonegarth scout of the House of the Living Rock
formally Menal En'ondo now Ritual circle spirt of Dentro

dantony
One Cloudminder forgot

Post by dantony » Thu Jun 09, 2016 8:49 pm

Fenton brings out some thread and, with a shakey hand, eventually manages to get the thread through the needle. He growls at himself while struggling to do so however as with the new hands, even though they allow him to be more precise, it is weird and different than before. Fenton moves down and starts stitching up his leg sealing closed a gash along it, licking the wound slightly to get rid of the outer blood and reduce chance of infection. Fenton then moves to start wrapping a bandage around his leg to secure the stitches in place for a while before moving on to feeling up the bone around the knee.

"Does this hurt?" Fenton asks, pressuring a part of the leg he thinks may have been pulled. "We'll work it out eventually, there will be away" he says to Eldanari.

Fenton looks up at the newcomer to the group and nods at Menal "Well, I can only do my best, I need to find Vore and get hold of someone" Fenton continues "Or here?" he says as he pressures below the back of the knee.
OOC - Daniel Thripp

Paradise
Defender of the HOL

Post by Paradise » Thu Jun 09, 2016 9:14 pm

" I know you will Fenton thou we really Have to sort that mark out seeing were you are even when I close my eyes is not so good" Menal looking some what determined
Paul Mellowship
IC Marbleous Stonegarth scout of the House of the Living Rock
formally Menal En'ondo now Ritual circle spirt of Dentro

dantony
One Cloudminder forgot

Post by dantony » Thu Jun 09, 2016 9:16 pm

Fenton shook his head. "Let them come for me" he said "For my totem to even speak with me I must kill a great hunter. So I will. Luckily they are coming to me. All I need to do is make a little bit of Cold Iron and they'll be dropping like flies. I talked to some of the fae and they are fine with me doing it"
OOC - Daniel Thripp