At the watering hole

A place for in character roleplay
LouisH
Been here a while

At the watering hole

Post by LouisH » Wed Jun 08, 2016 1:16 pm

Maku packed the last of his belongings into the sack and hoisted them over his shoulder. He grabbed a few strips of dried meat and shoved them into his pouch. It was going to be a long journey back.

He'd need water too, but his skin was empty. There was pool nearby, nice and cool. He would fill up from there, then maybe try to grab ale from Mcguffin before they packed up too.

He smiled as he walked. He had done much good here. Climbed the great mountain and fought many foes. He felt great Fhuss, the joy from good life. The south agreed with him.

As he approached the pool, he saw other figures filling water skins as well. He knelt down and stuck his head straight into the pool, drinking deeply.
IC: Fezlack of Fezlack's Finer Fings!

R.I.P: Maku 'Kin-Seeker'
OOC: Louis

LouisH
Been here a while

Re: At the watering hole

Post by LouisH » Wed Jun 08, 2016 8:09 pm

As he sat up, he saw several faces staring back at him. Maybe they weren't keen on drinking the water the orc had just washed in.
Maku looked down, it only looked a little cloudy.

He saw Fenrir look at him strangely. And a sidhe he had not met.

He grinned apologetically
Sorry. It was a long walk down the mountain...

samuraicat
Passing through

Post by samuraicat » Wed Jun 08, 2016 8:18 pm

*Reaches out and wraps his hand around the handle of his axe with a look of surprise distrust and uncertainty*
I did not expect to see you again orc. I watched you surrender to the torketh. What are you doing here?
Ic: fenris
Oc: Bill Hutt

Give me money and ill hit stuff. Its as simple as that.

LouisH
Been here a while

Post by LouisH » Wed Jun 08, 2016 8:42 pm

Maku leant back and turned to Fenrir.
Fenrir! Good to see you. I'm getting a drink

Fenrir didn't look impressed. He turned back to his skin and fastened it shut.
If you want to pick it up you can. But I don't think the Silurians will like it if you get blood in their oasis.

samuraicat
Passing through

Post by samuraicat » Wed Jun 08, 2016 8:53 pm

I bear no personal grudge but I would have you tell me why you chose to side with those that have destroyed so much.

LouisH
Been here a while

Post by LouisH » Wed Jun 08, 2016 9:07 pm

I didn't side with them. I went to talk to them. But I got nowhere.

I just killed many Tor'keth on the mountain to help the Silurians. I don't know why they stood against us.

He sighed and looked at his reflection in the pool

Now I don't know what to believe. I think we need them to beat the mist, we need their help, not their rule.

samuraicat
Passing through

Post by samuraicat » Wed Jun 08, 2016 9:30 pm

Fenris stretches his legs and looks towards the horizon

Believe in those who have fought by your side, who have killed and for you as you have in turn killed for them. I may be a mercenary yet still I have comrades and friends among our company.

He lets out a deep sigh and looks directly at Maku with sadness in his eyes.

believe that those we have left be would want us to fight on.

He pulls a bottle from one of his pouches and took a long drink of the alcohol within.

Did you forget in your time away what we have already achieved? we have driven back the mists alone since we reached this world and we will continue to do so as long as we are here. Believe in this. The question is will you be there to stand along side us?

He proffers the bottle to Maku.

LouisH
Been here a while

Post by LouisH » Wed Jun 08, 2016 10:10 pm

Maku took the bottle and drank

I've lost a lot, but I've also got a lot to gain. I've seen my people are out there, on other worlds. I'll find them if they're in this world too. I'll find them and keep them safe.

He handed the bottle back.

I'll fight anything that threatens my friends or my people, the mist ,Tor'keth or whatever. I don't have a pack like you and I'm not from your cities or woods. My people were the enemy. These people don't own me anything, and I don't owe them either. But I didn't choose to be your enemy, so, for now, I'd like to be friends.

samuraicat
Passing through

Post by samuraicat » Wed Jun 08, 2016 10:36 pm

He takes one more sip before putting away the bottle contemplating Maku's answer.
He chuckles and grins revealing his lomg sharp canines for a brief moment.

You know for a long time i felt as you did, nowhere to go and noine to watch my back. My parents were killed when i was very young along with every other person id ever known. And yet I survived under the corpses of my family as my village burned around me.

His eyes glaze for a moment then he snaps out of his reverie and continues.

i wandered for months maybe years surviving from the land untill i was found by a travelling band of human mercenaries. They had no reason to care what happened to me and yet they took me in and thay became my pack. My family. They clipped my claws and taught me to fight as they did, with steel. They gave my a life, a trade and many skills and lessons i will never forget. I offer you my sincearest hopes that you find your people and a new family for yourself. And if not there is still a place for you with me and our company.

A faint smile crosses his lips
I am glad to call you my comrade and my friend. But remember home is where you make it.