Summer 3AW: Back within Afacia City

A place for in character roleplay
Hamsterbag
One Cloudminder forgot

Summer 3AW: Back within Afacia City

Post by Hamsterbag » Thu Jun 16, 2016 10:32 pm

"So what happened then?"

There was a flinch as Fallon looked back down to the child. It took her a moment to remember her surroundings, a flurry of blinks as she attempted to reestablish some focus. She had come back during the hours of night with the rest of her kin that travelled south, a slower pace while their minds tried to work their way through the events. Since she had merely been recovering, steeling her mind and attempting to focus it on something. The Silurians themselves as a whole were recovering. The curse had lifted and an element of normality was returning to them. Their totems were lowered, their marks and paints scrubbed away. Even the air was beginning to clear, the cusp of summer truly upon them now. Yet here she was now sat upon the steps outside the Longhouse, cleaned from the days of travel and the southlands. There was no need for armour here, no need for layers of weapons and armour. There was only one thing that she kept close to hand now, neatly wrapped up and hidden behind layers of black fabric. She looked down to the long shape of it, fingers gently tapping it before the pair of children once more gave her an accusing noise. The Thegn pulled a face.

"Well, let's see..." Fallon pinched her brow.
"You said you went into the mountain!"
"Yes, we did. And it was through the winding tunnels we went. Deep into the depths. There upon the walls we saw the burned shapes, clad in darkness, aglow in the light of our lanterns. The air grew thick, heavy with heat. Hot like the furnace of a smith's forge. The darkness greeted us, swallowed us deeper into its chasm. Until, at last, through this simple knowing did we come across a mighty wall of stone..."
She paused, remembering the night within her mind, "And there, we saw the carvings, deep set, old and split in two. A wolfheaded man to the left, rising tall and full of cold. The right, a great dragon sleeping under the mountain of fire. And along the bottom were dark skinned elves, dancing, laughing and lying."

One of the children let out a notable boo in complaint, the other a mocking hiss. She gave a laugh, "I'll admit. That was the reaction of most of us as well. We knew and realised in that moment that we had been told the biggest lie of them all, and why the crazed came to power. This does not mean, however, that you can scorn those who are changers. It is still a gift of Sil and what makes them who they are. Understand?"
There was a sigh and then a firm nod before the children pressed once more, "And then?"
"Then... well. One of those who had been touched by Scales stood upon the side of the wolf, myself upon the side of the dragon. Upon touching the sides it the sleeping dragon awoke, climbing up the mountain. It breathed fire down upon the cowering wolf and it was consumed whole. With such the way was opened before us..."
OOC: Jen M, 763 | Main SC: Ensign "Izahia Prussian Von Stavavitch", Hoch Katheder (Southern Alliance) | Past SC: Fallon Skylar, God Queen of the Silurians

"What can I say? Mother taught me to always be greedy."

StephenReynolds

Re: Summer 3AW: Back within Afacia City

Post by StephenReynolds » Thu Jun 16, 2016 11:05 pm

Scale was aware the Silurians had come back. He'd spent the afternoon discussing some of issues with the advance scouts who returned earlier in the day including Trash and knew they were expected.

He rounded the corner to see a knot of Silurians with Fallon at their centre giving what looked like a motivational speach, or what passed for a speach to children. He eyed up her guards warily, they weren't subtle and Scale wasn't sure if many of them recognised him in his new form. He wanted to push through them even to say hello, acknowledge Fallon had returned to her face.

He moved to the edge of the crowd using one of the recovering Silurians as an excuse. It was a young man who he'd helped nurse back to health who did in fact recognise him. How's the chest feeling Yakub? Throat clearing up now? The teenager was startled by Scale, his attention fixed on Fallon. Yes sir, Mr Scale. Sometimes get a coughing fit but clearing up nicely thanks to our Thegn...oh I guess you healers helped a little too.. Scale went to correct someone who knows what number time about his rank. But he thought better of it, Yakub was barely old enough to pick up a weapon, something he would surely do if he hadn't already in his life time.

She's amazing aint she Mr Scale? Yakub said still hanging on every word Fallon said. More than you know kid. Come find me sometime and I'll tell you some tales.

Scale continued around the edge of the group drawing attention from one of Fallons guards suspecting him of being a pickpocket. Until he realised who Scale was and left him be. Scale allowed Fallon to continue her tale to her people and tried not to interrupt, he may know her of old but some of these people viewed her as the closest thing to Silurian royalty left alive and it wouldn't go down well to interject.

Hamsterbag
One Cloudminder forgot

Post by Hamsterbag » Fri Jun 17, 2016 8:39 am

"A mighty caven was open before us now, tall and towering far beyond our vision, yet the tiny specs of light broke it, barely lighting the way," she paused and inhaled. Gerdis was much better at weaving tales than her, "You could feel it though. This wave of hate, this dread and anger, the smell of wet dog, snapping, snarling and afraid. And there, in the darkness of it all we saw the feral guardian of this place, Wolfsbane clenched between his claws. The wolf-headed man we have feared for generations."
"And then?"
"And then..."
she drifted off, noticing for the first time that there was indeed a small gathering of people. Eyes staring, an almost in wonderment. It left a chill, a moment if nervousness sinking in; how did they even view her now? What was running through their minds?

Her eyes gave a flicker noting Scale, and giving him a small nod in acknowledgement.

"It screamed at us, calling us weak and unsuited to take this blade. That we were nothing. But Storvik would have none of that. He challenged the beast, iron sword against it and held equal against it. Yet as he fought did we see that iron could not rend it. It was only through the power of our holy metal, silver, that we could take it down." She let her lips curl then, "Avery and I set upon it, the others struggling to hold it in place. We cleaved the sword from its hands with our own silver claws, the flesh unable to heal when it made contact with the metal. The blade was dropped, sundered from its grasp with Avery plunging his claw deep into the beast. And with that, it was no more and the once lost Wolfsbane was ours once more."

The small audience gave a clap, no doubt pleased by the tale. If it was tales of their victory she could always give them she would, but even she knew there was to be struggles ahead of them now. Still, they had a point to rally behind someone they looked to to lead them forward. No pressure on her what so ever.
"So where's Wolfsbane now? Who's the one wielding it? Have we got a King again?" the flurry of questions came from the crowd.

A small lump formed in Fallon's throat, nostrils flaring, her hand resting upon the wrapped up shape beside her. She knew wolfsbane was wrapped up within, hidden from view yet kept close by for safety. She exhaled, "It's somewhere safe."
OOC: Jen M, 763 | Main SC: Ensign "Izahia Prussian Von Stavavitch", Hoch Katheder (Southern Alliance) | Past SC: Fallon Skylar, God Queen of the Silurians

StephenReynolds

Post by StephenReynolds » Fri Jun 17, 2016 9:37 am

Scale smiled at Fallons acknowledgement albeit fleeting. He continued to listen to the tale as he wasn't fully aware of what had exactly happened in the South having just picked up bits and pieces of it. He listened and took it all in, shame he hadn't been there but as with Fallon's resuce this was something the Silurians had to do for themselves. Be there to support, but for their own peace of mind this needed to be their win.

The audience clapping pulled Scale out of his thoughts and politely joined in. Although he understood the telling of tales he never quite understood why anyone would be as absurb as to stand around smacking hands together. But then again Beastkin were always loud and screaming, fur and claws usually didn't make clapping possible in most of his kin so perhaps this was just a different way of showing appreciation.

Scale heard the child's question and saw Fallons hand stray to something wrapped. He'd hoped not many of the others noticed this tell. The weapon belonged to Silurian royalty? And Fallon hadn't chosen to reveal it and claim it as her own at this time? He knew from previous conversations with her the doubt that often clouded her mind as it had done his when he was in charge of the Pack. The crowd seeming content with her answer and started to dispearse, many animated in their discussions. Some clapped Fallons bodyguiards on the shoulder or made vague promises about buying them drinks at an unspecified bar later that evening. The children continued to stare at Fallon before an adult, maybe their parent, steered them away with a smile to the Thegn.

Scale remained behind looking at little at odds amongest the Silurian bodyguards as the civilains went on their way.

Took your time getting back. Scale gave a wry smile.

Hamsterbag
One Cloudminder forgot

Post by Hamsterbag » Fri Jun 17, 2016 11:40 am

Fallon gave only a cautious glance to the guards that lingered. She did not like it, finding it restrictive and suffocating. A guided cage that would crown her with responsibility. It was only as she allowed herself to stare off into space, her thoughts swirling round. A strange, warped madness. She was not a noble, not in the true sense. No blood that made her a cut above the rest. She should not even be considered a Thegn, let alone anything more. Yet fate had dictated otherwise for the moment. It was a trap she could not get out of and it made her feet aggressively itch.

Her mind focused on Scale when he spoke, a blip of sanity beneath the pressure. Her brow raised, her lip giving a curl, "I think the term is fashionably late." Another glance to the guards again, "Do you not recognise him? This is Scale, one of the healers that helped tended to the sick here in the city, while we searched for answers." Clearing her throat she stood, hand taking up the wrapped blade. Keep it safe, "I thank you personally for the work you did Scale. The Silurians will not forget your aid in the dealings of this... Sickness."

A face of being offical, the stance of a leader, a facade she had no pleasure in. A chew upon her lips, she looked around once more as if searching for some inspiration to guide the conversation down, "We are back now. Victorious. I trust things have been well in my absence?"

Her head gave a tilt to one side, a descent of the couple of steps. It was only when she was closer that she spoke to him through gritted teeth, "Help me. They won't leave me alone."

StephenReynolds

Post by StephenReynolds » Fri Jun 17, 2016 2:34 pm

So this was what it was like being on the other end of the official facade...man he must have looked like a massive idiot when he'd done it previously.

In your abscence? News came through of the Iron Dwarves and their idicoy. As well as more Torketh attacks. You know the usual, world can't keep itself safe.

He paused and listened to her words. The final bit caused him to guffaw with laughter startling the guards surroudning them. Once his laughter stopped he looked again to Fallon. She didn't look massively impresed. Maybe she was genuinely asking for help.

Sorry...He started softly before addressing the guards. Good sers might I have a moment to walk and talk with my friend? Do not worry she is safe within these walls and I am sure she will protect me from any muggers prowling the streets The guards didn't look too impressed by his attempt at humour. They didn't move. Right. Lets be frank, your Thegn needs some time off. She needs to be able to enjoy her victory. We are in the most fortified location in the New World surrounded by allies. She will be accompanied by the most powerful priest in the New World and is an accomplished fighter and priest herself. If anything can kill the pair of us it won't even blink as it crushes you underfoot to get to her. Some of the guards looked disgruntled and Scale sensed out right hostility from at least one of the younger ones. Before what seemed to be the leader of the group made a geture, the guards started walking away.

We'll be in the Crossed Swords if you need us my Thegn. He said bowing his head to Fallon before looking at Scale. There won't be a safe place for you in any world if something happens to her. With that he left.

Frinedly bunch. Scale muttered as they wandered off.

Hamsterbag
One Cloudminder forgot

Post by Hamsterbag » Fri Jun 17, 2016 3:40 pm

"They fret. You are an outsider in their eyes. They don't know you like I do. And want to make sure I can lead them forth. I cannot blame them for reacting so, though it is a bit excessive," She frowned, watching them go, "They will adjust in time. Let them have their pride for now. Though, I would like to see anyone try and take either of us now. I'm sure I can give them a good fight..." She shrugged, looking to Scale and giving a smile. Free hand gave a clasp upon his shoulder, "I'm sure I can give you a run for your money too."

She took in her surroundings, a momentary pause as she considered who may have been about. Who was watching? Who would not let her out of their sight? There was always individuals keeping her in their sights. Especially since the last lot of events. The fingers traced from the shoulder, down the arm and paused, "Thank you, for... Uh... Things. And keeping me informed with the people here. I know you had your own desires that you put aside for us."

Fallon chewed upon her lip again, nervous habit taking her over. What to say, what not to say, "I uh... Any thing I can help you with?"

StephenReynolds

Post by StephenReynolds » Fri Jun 17, 2016 5:17 pm

"I'm sure you could." Scale smiled no hint of sarcasm in his voice.

Fallon's hand touched his shoulder before moving off and down his arm. The second time she had done this, the first being during his aborted attempt to leave to the City. "I made a mistake leaving to pursue something but not one I was incapable of setting strsight. You have Eldurnari and Trash for my return. Whilst the Iron Dwarf camp gave me pause I would have scouted round it and headed to Darkwood if it weren't for them. I'll be honest I crave walking under trees again and may have to take up an offer I was given. One of the Elves offerred us a place is Glasada until we find a home of our own. Its not great but it is something if we are to continue to spend time in this city." The last few words were almost spat out. It seemed to Scale he'd spent thr last 4 years in one version or another of Afacia City.

He listened to her speak gain. He paused and took a deep breathe, trying to buy time. He hesitated. "Let's go for a walk."

Hamsterbag
One Cloudminder forgot

Post by Hamsterbag » Fri Jun 17, 2016 5:41 pm

Anger or was it disappointment? She merely frowned a little at his spitting words before looking to the world around her. Stone, cold and unfeeling, the flat land and fortified walls. If Siluria existed somewhere in this world would it even be like the one she remembered from her own youth? Before they moved time and prevented its destruction? She exhaled, "I'll admit... we Silurians are not enjoying ourselves here. My kin itch for home, to the east and across the ocean. But for now? We will attend to this thatched situation." Fallon shook her head, "The journey I have to lead them along will be a long one that we must prepare for. I will not make the same mistake as the Dwarves. But one day, once we know these lands are secured and the rest of the Free Peoples have their homes? Maybe then we will truly look east. Until then..."

There was not any real need for any more words. The Silurians would stay put, appeasing and ensuring that their comrades were safe. At least half of them were Nomads and of the clans anyway, no doubt they could cope with the constant marching and preparing for what was to come.

Besides, she had a name to reforge and broken things to repair.

Her hand gestured forward for him to lead, "A walk, that would be good."

StephenReynolds

Post by StephenReynolds » Fri Jun 17, 2016 6:55 pm

Scale picked a direction and started walking. There was no where in this city he was aiming for he just put one foot in front of the other. He quickly realised he was walking into the wind. Whilst his senses were now dulled it was clearly still subconcious instinct as though he could pick up prey or foe via the air.

"I am afraid that a sea journey would be unwise at this stage. My fault...again...for trusting the Seakin." He paused mulling over all his wrong decisions regarding his cousins. But for now the Seakin and Leviathan were eclipsed by the threat of the Torketh, Marakas and the decisions taken by the dwarves. That bought a smile unbidden to his face.

"Did you speak to Havedra much? Get to know her? I was rooting around what few belongings I had left the other day. Found a letter she wrote me before leaving the caravan. Such optimism."

Scale sighed loudly and thought back to the pain he had seen on her face upon learning so many of her people had perished in the mists.

Hamsterbag
One Cloudminder forgot

Post by Hamsterbag » Fri Jun 17, 2016 7:47 pm

She gave him a smirk, "Silurians are fabulous on boats. I am sure we can assist stabbing up the Seakin problem. Leviathans are a type of dragon, right?"

When the subject of Havedra came up however her face crumbled. She looked away and fixed her gaze ahead.

"Don't get me wrong. I wanted to. But when people come up to you - not just her in this instance-, saying you chose the wrong option, or how I should have talked to them first, how a dragon tricked us in the old world, how I made a terrible mistake and my choice was foolish..." Fallon shook her head, "It makes it hard. More so when they all trying to encourage you before hand to talk, to share. How can someone if they are just going to be ridiculed by their choices made in pure faith?" Her tone began turning angry, the lingering feeling of what she could only akin to the hurt caused by betrayal lying there, "How are you supposed to talk if you're just going to be told that you're inexperienced and know nothing about your own God?"

StephenReynolds

Post by StephenReynolds » Fri Jun 17, 2016 8:25 pm

"Sorry I hadn't realised the two of you had clashed like that." Scale regretted bringing up the Dwarves. He wasn't sure if Fallon was talking before or after their conversion by the Mist King but either way it was clearly a poor choice of subject he was keen to change.

"Your men. The ones with the Free Peoples I mean. They seem pretty competent. I mean I've spoken to you and Avery a lot. Others in passing. I must make an effort to stop by camp and learn some names. In truthfulness it's a see of men with beards...but I suppose it is the same when they look on my kind.

Scale smiled in an attempt to add some levity to the situation. He realised he'd referenced his Beastkin appearance, it was a strange thing to be getting used to. After nearly 300 years as a Beastkin his human like appearance was...odd. Although in truth he was probably closer to being a Fae than a human but he looked human. He bore no facial markings except those he now chose to paint on himself.

"So have you seen that notice some of the new Mages are handing around? Looking for volunteers or those with magical potential to aid in their experiments. I feel if anyone is going to be messing around with the Circles we will need to be present in force. We don't want another breach opening."

Hamsterbag
One Cloudminder forgot

Post by Hamsterbag » Fri Jun 17, 2016 9:12 pm

"Her and nearly every other priest who knew what I had done, ever since Opal," she shook her head, "Right up almost into the South until we managed to finally crush all that doubt. It was hard to keep the belief of my family, generations upon generations of my bloodline that chose the red dragon over the wolf." She exhaled and let the anger go, "But, now it is done. The thaw has revealed what was lost in snow."

She had to be calm, she had to learn restraint, mercy, calm. A good leader kept a level head and knew how to control their emotions. If Scale was not an example on how a leader should act then there was always another that sprung to mind - Dilandau. She paused in her movement for a second, letting the mind clean itself into focus before she continued on her way, "Avery is a good man, but I now worry about him. I suppose, just like I worry about the rest of them. They are starting to remember their pride, to find their feet again in this world, that lovely traits of a home since lost... You are welcome to come by when ever you desire, though you may find that we are not all beards as we have women too."

The mention of a notice gave her pause, "No... I have not. Though I have only just gotten back myself. Why? Are they doing something?" She sighed and pinched her brow, "Experiments? Seriously. Cannot leave them alone unsupervised for one moment... YES! We will probably have to haul their backsides out of whatever trouble they have gotten themselves in... as is tradition."

StephenReynolds

Post by StephenReynolds » Sat Jun 18, 2016 8:12 am

"Well I did say I had some drink with your name on, so I will take you up on that offer at some point. My senses may be dulled now but I am not so blind I cannot tell woman from man."

Scale smiled at the not quite a rant about Mages.

"In truth I know little of what they intend but I'd rather be there just in case. I have already spoken to my Alphas about there being a presence and they agreed. Also I've done some testing of my own on those Circles previously so my limited knowldge may be of use.

Scale thought back to one of their previous conversation topics but was unsure he wanted to raise it again. Leviathan was still a raw subject and he couldn't justify dragging other members of the Free People's to their possible deaths for a problem he created. He was grateful of the offer to help at the very least.

Vorlaith
Been here a while

Post by Vorlaith » Mon Jun 20, 2016 11:52 am

Vor dropped from the roof above, landing a few paces behind them.

"A morose pair you make indeed, considering your followers are amongst the most gregarious of the free peoples" As he flashed a smile.

"I've never met such reluctant heroes, you follow the path that the gods have laid before you, saving life after life after life, and all the while complain and brood over the responsibilities that our lords have charged you with. Come now my lady, you are hero and champions, and due to be a queen. if you acknowledge it or not and if you run from it or not. Such is responsibility, I have it not, so I don't know the burden, but to be loved and adored? I know that not either. But your people appreciate your tireless support and protection, spurn it not, for they need your love and leadership"

"Now, whats this about mages. They're always up to something."
IC - Vorlaith
OC- Glenn, but not THAT Glenn. =D