Summer 3AW: Back within Afacia City

A place for in character roleplay
StephenReynolds

Re: Summer 3AW: Back within Afacia City

Post by StephenReynolds » Mon Jun 20, 2016 4:54 pm

Scale satrted at the sudden appearance of the Afacian.

"Vor, one day you are going to break your ankle and I am going to be the poor bastard who has to fix it for you."

Scale considered the other words more carefully before responding. He looked uncomfortable when Vor made the comment about the pair being morose.

"Vor...I...My kin are younger than I am and have not for the most part seen quite as many horrors as I have done. I..." He saw the smile. "And you...enjoy winding me up too much." He finished with a return smile.

Scale allowed Vor to say his piece to Fallon, watching her reaction as he said his well intentioned but perhaps misguided speech. Maybe with the Priests promising more discussion and intermingling Vor would get to know Fallon a little more. His heart was in the right place even if his words may have struck the wrong tone.

"Ah the Mages...Have you not seen or heard? They are testing the transport capability of the Circles and wanted some help from those of us more skilled than they." Scale gave what he though was a wink but may have just come off as a strange facial tick. "In truth given how much messing about with the Circles that has been going on I suggest a group of us are present for their next few tests. I am worried they may let the Torketh, or worse, in and a few extra guards or those who can block a transport can't hurt. I have already spoken with Ptolomy and Letharni about the Pack being in attendance. Sadly the cubs are off giving Niabi a tracking test as part of her becoming the Green Knight but I am pretty sure Fenris and Fenton said they would be available as well as our new recruit."

Hamsterbag
One Cloudminder forgot

Post by Hamsterbag » Mon Jun 20, 2016 7:46 pm

There was a notable flinch of surprise when she heard the thud. Her immediate reflex being to grasp where the hilt would have been on the covered blade, her gaze snapping around. She paused, looking to Vorlaith with a raised eyebrow as he made his approach. There was almost an element of shame that flickered upon her features, her posture relaxing before she looked away. He was right, or at least there was a blunt wisdom in his words.

It did not mean she had to like it however.

"They are Silurian. What more did you expect?" she left the question hanging there for a moment before she released a mumble, "I would... rather you did not shout out about this... Queen business." Fallon frowned, "I will lead my people home. I will protect them. But I am not their Queen, due or otherwise. Just because," she looked down to the wrapped up blade, a clear moment of hesitation upon her face, "Just because I know where it is does not make it mine or my right to rule. The people chose me to lead them. Represent them. But really... only Gods hold such rights to make the likes of Kings, Queens and their glorious bloodlines. Right?"

She looked at Scale then, almost as if looking for a confirmation on the thoughts. There was some gratitude however when the discussion moved to that of the mages. She questioned, "Transport? The circle? Are you implying... like the travel in the old world?" She rubbed her jaw, "That would be interesting, but... surely that would have some dangerous consequences. I don't think this world is quite stable enough for such a thing."
OOC: Jen M, 763 | Main SC: Ensign "Izahia Prussian Von Stavavitch", Hoch Katheder (Southern Alliance) | Past SC: Fallon Skylar, God Queen of the Silurians

"What can I say? Mother taught me to always be greedy."

Vorlaith
Been here a while

Post by Vorlaith » Mon Jun 20, 2016 8:07 pm

"I've known many kings and wizard lords and masters and Chiefs and bosses. The fact you don't want it, is what makes me think sil did right by choosing you"

"And worry not, there is no one here besides us. What do you think I was doing up there?" "Well, except a couple of your friends are not to far from here but we have some time to ourselves at least"

"It would be good if we could use the circles, but I don't trust the 'mages guild' weak and whimsical.they need to be watched, and closely. Not by me however, I can't be seen to watch them, I make them nervous"

" and scale, about these sea dragons, it's not something the Synod has talked about much. What are they?"
IC - Vorlaith
OC- Glenn, but not THAT Glenn. =D

StephenReynolds

Post by StephenReynolds » Tue Jun 21, 2016 9:18 am

He looked at Fallon when she looked at him unsure of how he should answer. He gave a supportive smile before listening to her and Vorlaith ask their questions.

"Transport experiements I believe. They have had limited success with a human I think. Made it to the Darkwood circle and back. There were some notes. I mostly skimmed them for the important bits such as how can the Free Peoples stop them making stupid decisions. You know the usual."

Scale paused and his face grew dark at Vor's mention of the 'sea dragons' as Fallon had called them.

"It was a reference to Leviathan, the creature the Seakin rose. Their dark primal version of Greenman. It is not a God but it is a very powerful being most likely more powerful than Arkane's Might. The shard it was created from was birthed in a volcano a raw, fury, nature element. The Seakin have sinced killed many in sacrifice to this creature." Scale took a deep breath before continuing. "Leviathan's near ascencion is my doing and my fault...I have promised the Seakin ambassador I would kill their Empress for their betrayal. So far she has not dared rear her head above water for me to make good on that oath as of yet."

Hamsterbag
One Cloudminder forgot

Post by Hamsterbag » Sun Jun 26, 2016 10:00 am

Fallon looked to Vorlaith with a bemused expression upon her face, "But Sil hasn't chosen me," she exhaled, "Wolf's Bane is only in our possession because the Slayer returned it to us. And we only came across it to begin with because Sil instructed us to go and find it for the Slayer would need it. There was no choosing." Her gaze turned upwards to the roof tops then, "And I do not know what you were doing. I imagine talking to your little birds and watching those who need to be watched..." She returned her gaze down to him then and listened to the various topics that flowed between them. She had no immediate words for the subject of the Leviathan, but for the mages however:

"I will probably at least inspect the situation, or at least linger around them. I am not as learned as them in the ways of magic, but it would prove interesting to say the least. I will not object to watching them," she shrugged, "It is the best way to know and understand more."
OOC: Jen M, 763 | Main SC: Ensign "Izahia Prussian Von Stavavitch", Hoch Katheder (Southern Alliance) | Past SC: Fallon Skylar, God Queen of the Silurians

Vorlaith
Been here a while

Post by Vorlaith » Sun Jun 26, 2016 3:10 pm

"One thing that all the gods do, is they do not allow things to befall their followers that they do not permit. Sil, your brotherhood, the sword all in the same place, at the same time. Providence, you can be sure of that. you are half right. I'm watching you though, more precisley. I believe that Sil, and the Silurians are absolutely key for the challenges that lie ahead. King Isaac's army cannot reach where we go, but I can. And you'll need my help. I cannot allow you to die, and can shield you and yours from threats in a way no-one else among us can"

"Something is amiss here indeed, Lady Trask has yet to show herself I believe, Magnus is not to be trusted, though I cannot speak of honoured elder. Something is Wrong, very wrong indeed. But these matters in Darkwood vex me. It feels we're to run in circles protecting ourselves, giving us not the time to progress against the Iron Warlord, and then Leviathan, impacting Afacian trade and making the seas unsafe" Vor sighs "There is so much to be done, too much, and too few heroes left among us. It is not my destiny, but yours both"

"Our faith in our gods will see us delivered, not these petty mages and their vainglorious experiments, they must reform and soon, or be leashed"
IC - Vorlaith

StephenReynolds

Post by StephenReynolds » Mon Jun 27, 2016 2:09 pm

"Vor your words praise too much. I am but a servant of this world, all I can concern myself with now is it's survival. I have no influence as head of a group or a Guild, I have given that up." Scale shrugs looking between the other two. He ponders Vor's other comments for a moment.

"I agree with you on Magnus but Honoured Elder is a force for good, a little more...enigmatic than Lady Trask perhaps but he is an ally. The Mages Guild...They deserve a chance don't they? Le'Sar has not been leader for long but they have tried my patience many times." Scale fold his arms looking as though he is considering his next wrods carefully. "I have at least twice told them to sort themselves out and I am hoping they do so sooner rather than later. I'd rather not have to step and tell them again, I'll admit my patience wears thin for their stupid internal politicking."

Hamsterbag
One Cloudminder forgot

Post by Hamsterbag » Mon Jun 27, 2016 8:22 pm

"Yes... you tell yourself that," she did not continue the subject, letting it go. But it did not stop the uneasy feeling resting in her stomach. How many eyes were on her now? How many individuals were looking to her? And if not now then in the near future? It left the unpleasant sensation of a target being painted on her back.

"I am wary of Magnus," she chose her words carefully, "When we first took Afacia and the Wyldefire almost came pouring through he suggested the idea that it be directed South, to the Dragons. I did not think that was a wise thing," Fallon licked her lips, "If Magnus is to be attended with, I recommend caution of a sorts." In regards to the other circles she had no real words beyond what had already been said, "I do not know Lady Trask. But... I have spoken a few times with Honoured Elder. I feel some guilt and responsibility in regards to him due to the World's Dream. He... does not begrudge us however." She shrugged and turned her head to Scale then. Her lip curled, "Shall I acquire the extra hard book in which to bash them into action with? No? You sure? Very well," Fallon looked at them both, "I shall use angry and harsh tones to push them along."

Vorlaith
Been here a while

Post by Vorlaith » Tue Jun 28, 2016 11:54 pm

"I'm not the head of a guild or a faction and yet I have influence, the authority you both have isn't derived from others servitude to you, it's your divine mandate and your servitude to them"

"More guilt? I'm shocked " :P "What is the worlds dream? Is this the process how honored eldar came to mastery of one of the Afacian circles and not the provincial one, there could be some key details, what is the tale?"

"I've something to share with you in person, should magnus become a problem. Should the old magic still hold, I can kill him with a few words. Another legacy of Father Gregor"

As the conversation meanders towards the mages, vor frowns, his hunters mark simmering
"My patience with the mages runs perilously thin. I will bring them to heel, I urge you to push them along before I am unable to demonstrate self restraint any longer"
IC - Vorlaith

StephenReynolds

Post by StephenReynolds » Fri Jul 01, 2016 9:30 pm

Scale ignored the first part of what had been said. Easier to allow Vor to say his piece. "Vor I'll send you some reading material but to put it bluntly the Village of the Worlds Dream was the first place we came across in this new world. Honoured Elder was killed and none of us possessed the skill to stop the circle collapsing into the mists. As far as we are aware the Packs Green Knight is the only survivor from that place. A place destroyed because we chose wrong." Scale rattled through the explanation with some impatience, clearly he was still angry about the whole incident even though it had happened over 2 years ago now.

"I am glad we have a way of dealing with Magnus should we have to. To my mind he is still untrustworthy and the fact the Mages put him in that Circle still baffles me."