July 2016 - Plot Drop 2

A place for in character roleplay
Esme
Defender of the HOL

July 2016 - Plot Drop 2

Post by Esme » Sat Jun 25, 2016 4:30 pm

Stephen the Gate Guard had finished his shift early and had a little extra coin this week so had decided to spend the evening in the Sleeping Bear tavern. There had been some spectacular thunderstorms throughout the afternoon and the evening but it had done little to lessen the humidity. Cold beer it seemed, was the best solution.

By the time he left, it was very late and there was a haze in the air as everything was drying out. His usual route home would be far too boggy so he decided to head past the circles. Oddly, there was no sign of the duty Mage guard. Since the issues with the transportation experiments, the guild had decided to post a watch on the circles in case their missing guild members should return.

And why did it smell of mushrooms around here?

The smell hung in the air, thick and becoming almost sickly sweet. Stephen began to gag, and then there was a popping sound and a brief flash of red light. The smell was gone.
Stephen rubbed his eyes and coughed. And then he saw it.
There, in the middle of the Lady's Circle was a small, ragged, white cloth doll.
Surely not...he began to break out in a cold sweat. But then he remembered his training, it was as if the drill sergeant was bellowing at him again. He wiped his brow, took a deep breath and ran to the Guild house.

He could hear an argument...
"Why did you leave your post? You should have rung the alarm bell!"
"I'm sorry Miss, it's just the circle - I could feel it - squirming....I don't know.....I thought I'd just best run here and let you know.......before....."
"Well, it's no good now. We'd best go and have a look"
As the front door opened and Stephen opened his mouth to speak, there was another flash of red light from the Lady's circle. He could just about make out the cloth doll rising from the ground, then becoming suspended in mid air briefly before vanishing into thin air.
IC - no one currently
OOC - Lisa