Traveling Band of Merry Clowns

A place for in character roleplay
Ginge
I Remember the Rejection

Re: Traveling Band of Merry Clowns

Post by Ginge » Tue Jul 05, 2016 6:33 pm

Suda gives a soft giggle as Mahesh issues his challenge to Fallon's words.

"The Heart of Magic rejected the guild due to the lack of action and devotion. I would say if you already hold an allegence to a god, you cannot be fully devoted to the heart and considering it has already been shown you place great spirits second to your God , you already have an oath that could interfere with what the heart and all 'magic' needs. I feel this applies to all of those that already worship, can you put the Heart before everything else?"

Her words are soft, not intending to cause any offence,

"I think any who feel as if they have something to offer to the heart should step forward. I have faith in the great spirit to make the right decision."
Resident Plot writer.

Arch
One Cloudminder forgot

Post by Arch » Tue Jul 05, 2016 6:46 pm

"That is a very interesting point."

He pulls out a pipe and starts to pack it. "Surely the value of sacrifice is relative and relevant to the individual. Therefore there can be no bases as to who's sacrifice is greatest."

He taps the pipe on his shoe before thumbing it again. "If the sacrifice is relative then I would consider that it is best for all who have power to enter."

LouisH
Been here a while

Post by LouisH » Tue Jul 05, 2016 6:57 pm

Maku stood up to speak at eye level.

My people have always had strong ties and respect with the spirits. In our ways, we appeased them by giving them what they lack.

We are simple to them, yet they watch over us as parents would a youngling. They do this because we are what they can never be, mortal.

I will take the challenge and give the spirit what I can as a mortal. I will welcome them to my side and stand with them, as a mortal, on this darkest day.

A light for the darkness, my time as a mortal and a blade against the terrors in the night.

I suspect some of you would go further and give your life. But that, I will not do.
IC: Fezlack of Fezlack's Finer Fings!

R.I.P: Maku 'Kin-Seeker'
OOC: Louis

Hamsterbag
One Cloudminder forgot

Post by Hamsterbag » Tue Jul 05, 2016 7:10 pm

Fallon gave a small squirm, flustered when Mahesh embraced and laid down his challenge - though more out of surprise of the act than the actual wording.

"I what?" She looks at him momentarily confused and then remembered herself, "I am guessing I cannot refuse you Mahesh no matter what I try. So, alas, we shall make arrangements for when ever the people next gather." Fallon reached over and managed to clasp Scale firmly on the shoulder, "Prepare my gravestone. I am going to need it." To the other Sidhe she merely shrugged and spoke her thoughts, "Perhaps. But perhaps my ties also lie in ensuring the safety of the people. All people. Regardless of faith, race or creed. You need not to worship a god or great spirit or entity in order to have such mentality in my books."

She moved on from the topic, "But, we can dance about such technicalities all day. The main focus is that we have some form of action. Inaction is what will cripple us," she pointed to the Ork then, "Like him. Prime example and something I can respect. I will enjoy standing and trialing to achieve the same."
OOC: Jen M, 763 | Main SC: Ensign "Izahia Prussian Von Stavavitch", Hoch Katheder (Southern Alliance) | Past SC: Fallon Skylar, God Queen of the Silurians

"What can I say? Mother taught me to always be greedy."

LouisH
Been here a while

Post by LouisH » Tue Jul 05, 2016 7:31 pm

Maku stood and stared for a moment. The Silurian chief was pointing at him, and complimenting him.

He puffed up his chest and smiled as sat down again.
He was keen to see what the more powerful mages would suggest.

Arch
One Cloudminder forgot

Post by Arch » Tue Jul 05, 2016 8:32 pm

"As a man who serves the people of Afacia, and as one who has travelers far on a difficult journey, I can but agree with all your points. It is up to us as individuals as to what we offer. It is my hope that the one who is picked will aid all of this world."

LouisH
Been here a while

Post by LouisH » Tue Jul 05, 2016 8:45 pm

Out of interest, what does the mages guild have in terms of artefacts?

The spirit did seem interested in the Nosque King's staff.

StephenReynolds

Post by StephenReynolds » Tue Jul 05, 2016 10:11 pm

Scale was lost in his own thoughts before Fallon slapped him out of his own head.

"You what? Who's failing to killing you now?"

Scale listened in to the rest of the conversation. Talking in the points of view but keeping mostly to himself, for once not offering comment.

Ginge
I Remember the Rejection

Post by Ginge » Tue Jul 05, 2016 10:19 pm

Suda laughs again,

"So you mean exactly like when you abandoned the spirit of the tallest mountain for your 'God'? Forgive my skeptisim in the words you've shared"

She glances back to the human as he speaks and nods.

"The one who is chosen will have to provide it all and only the great spirit can judge, it will choose, regardless of what words are shared here and advice given between others. I shall leave you to your discussions. As we have now determined that it is each mage for themselves."

She leaves the gathered mages to discuss, patting Mahesh on the shoulder as she passes him.
Resident Plot writer.

mickeyin
I Remember the Rejection

Post by mickeyin » Tue Jul 05, 2016 10:45 pm

Le'Sar was late to the meeting, word of mouth hadn't reached him till recently but he had been out and about elsewhere.

Entering the place he would see the few gathered

"Apologies for being late...have I missed anything?"
Smurfs are a way of life...

OOC: Matt...or it or whatever people usually wanna call me

IC: Le'Sar ^^ R.I.P Bastian

Nick
I Remember the Rejection

Post by Nick » Tue Jul 05, 2016 10:55 pm

Mahesh smiles to his Maman as she leaves. He returns to his seat and his wine, winking at Fallon as he takes a drink.

"Do not worry young Thane. Death would be far too finite, You are too good company to kill!

He looks to the others, gesturing with his tankard.

Let it be known that I, Mahesh Ulla Ardshir Ben Juan Shackel, would challenge any that seek to stand for the rights of Champion!

MAKU your People the Orcs, I had the pleasure of facing some in my world. Only the strongest, most vicious and cunning would stand to represent their tribe. Is this not still the way?!

And Scale Who Knows Much! A champion of your people Trash Sharpest Claw says to me, that the Beast-kin hold great and bloody contest for... how do you say... AL-FA!

He takes yet more wine before offering it around to those gathered, first to the newest arrival. His mood is visibly gleeful.
Mahesh ullah Ardshir ben Jau'an Shaghal

IC: King Isaac Neville: Son of Saint Alistair, The Sword of the Just, Head of The Order of the White Rose, King of Afacia

IC: Lord Daitengu Komainu: Loyal to the last.

OOC: Nick Pasieka

LouisH
Been here a while

Post by LouisH » Tue Jul 05, 2016 10:56 pm

Maku looked up at the head mage.
not too much. I take it you heard about the heart of magic and the challenge? We're planning our next move.

LouisH
Been here a while

Post by LouisH » Tue Jul 05, 2016 11:02 pm

Maku grinned at Mahesh.
you being here shows you probably killed some of my kind. I hope they were good deaths.

He swapped dried meats for wine.

I don't speak for a tribe, yet. And of the orcs I am far from the strongest. If I were to challenge you, it would be through cunning. Although when last we met, you seemed to disapprove of my cunning...
Last edited by LouisH on Wed Sep 07, 2016 6:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mickeyin
I Remember the Rejection

Post by mickeyin » Tue Jul 05, 2016 11:10 pm

"I...I had heard rumours of the guild falling, but not much else. Um...no thanks but appreciation."

He would decline the wine offer, not being rude but he was simply not in the mood for alcohol.

He would take a simple seat amongst the people who had gathered.
Smurfs are a way of life...

OOC: Matt...or it or whatever people usually wanna call me

IC: Le'Sar ^^ R.I.P Bastian

Arch
One Cloudminder forgot

Post by Arch » Tue Jul 05, 2016 11:15 pm

"Very open he was about it too" Theodore strikes a match an lights his pipe. "As far as discussions have gone, it seems the opinion of most here is to put their individual pledge to the heart of magic. The more who do, the higher chance that not only someone worthy of it will get it, but also in the hopes that whoever does is doing it for the best interests of all in this world"