Outrunner Rest.

A place for in character roleplay
Ginge
I Remember the Rejection
Posts: 592
Joined: Wed Mar 14, 2007 6:59 pm
Location: Dover

Outrunner Rest.

Post by Ginge » Sat May 18, 2019 5:43 pm

Sitting in a rickety chair in the encampment on the outskirts of dark wood sits a human dressed in simple browns and greens. Dirt clings to the bottom of her trousers, as she puts her feet up on a stump nearby. The reports had been delivered and here she waits for the Free Peoples to tell her where they intend to move to.

She pulls a hip flask from her coat pocket, takes a drink and sighs. She pulls out all of the papers with the nation's leaders responses and braces herself for the disappointment, and over eager war hero's.
Resident Plot writer.

User avatar
Vorlaith
Been here a while
Posts: 73
Joined: Mon Jun 25, 2012 12:20 am

Re: Outrunner Rest.

Post by Vorlaith » Tue May 21, 2019 11:58 pm

Gently, Vorlaith glides towards the outrunner.

Pausing for a moment, the shadows of the trees grow and stretching across the floor, suffocating the light from the area around them. As though the sun was all but set.

The sounds of wildlife stop, with the only noises to be heard are the breaths of the two humans so very far from home.

‘Sir Holt would have us reclaim the city of scholars, this suits my purpose, I’ll support him in this endeavour so it shall be so. In the kings absence I speak on his behalf. Our lot is with the lost City of Scholars. You’ll find the relevant declarations in this document with the required seals. Good luck, and good day.’

Vor Takes a couple of steps before retrieving the bound scroll from a bag on his waist, and opens his palm.

Pausing for a moment he glances upand to the right. Before Tendrils of shadow gently grasp the document, and it lazily spins head over tail, through the air before coming to rest on the stump.

Pausing again and looking to the left he utters ‘I hate this place’ audibly whispering and snaps his now empty open fist shut. Claws of diamond hard darkness appear from the deepest darkest parts of the shadow and crush previously invisible beings of mist and sparkles intruding on this conversation. Sucking them into the darkness.
‘Always listening, always watching indeed’ he says to himself. Looking at the rider ‘May akarnes light guide you to the mercy you deserve’

And Vorlaith leaves and with his departure light appears back through the trees, the sound of nature returns and the the gentlest of breezes slides through the undergrowth and all is as it was.
IC - Vorlaith
OC- Glenn, but not THAT Glenn. =D

Kassicus
Passing through
Posts: 10
Joined: Sat Sep 12, 2015 11:31 am

Re: Outrunner Rest.

Post by Kassicus » Thu May 23, 2019 5:14 pm

The cart had finally come to a stop. The sudden stop jolted Viktor awake, his neatly stacked pile of "Noble's regret" fell over, the bottles clinking and crashing, this did not do any favours for his head. It felt like he'd been hit with a hammer.

He had endured 3 days of listening to the cart driver talk about the many ways to farm potatoes. His patience was at its end. He saw the Outrider lazily sat down, eyeing him from her seat.

He got up and stumbled out of the cart, it let out an audible wooden groan as his armoured self disembarked.

Dusting himself off, he stepped a few yards to the Outrider, the care on her face showed none and she took a swig of her drink as he stopped in front of her.

"I have some questions, several questions" Viktor stated.

"Go on then"

Viktor took the scrunched up parchment from his belt bag, and unravelled it.

"We of the Southern Alliance wish to inquire about some information regarding the three choices posed to us. So our decision can be made quickly.

Firstly. How quickly does it seem the Mists are advancing in Siluria?

Secondly. What are the Nosque most likely be requiring the land for if the Mists are pushed back?

Oh! and, do we know if there is a circle in the vicinity of the City of Scholars?

Finally. What would Forbidden Knowledge require in terms of resources, to strengthen itself against the oncoming threat?"

Viktor looked up from his parchment, the Outrider stared back silently. His eyes implored her to answer, and shrugged his shoulders.

The Outrider, still, stared back.

"Well, when you come to an answer, I'll be in my cart" he said, leaving the parchment neatly on the stump by her feet.

Viktor returned to the cart, opened up a bottle of Noble's regret and sat down, ready for another round of drinking.

"So, tell me about those potatoes again"
If it bleeds, we can kill it.
- Viktor Quaid, Qualified Scientist, Studying Applied Thanotology through the medium of violence.

Ginge
I Remember the Rejection
Posts: 592
Joined: Wed Mar 14, 2007 6:59 pm
Location: Dover

Re: Outrunner Rest.

Post by Ginge » Thu May 23, 2019 8:01 pm

The outrunner smartens herself up, taking her feet off of the stump as the hand of the King approaches. She gives a smirk as he comments about hating this place and a mumble of agreement. She takes the document from him and tucks it neatly into her satchel, slung over her shoulder.

"Ser, the King commits no troops to the City. It will only be those that travel with you that will follow this demand."

She looks surprised at the shadows and tilts her head slightly, as the dark magic is so easily manipulated by this 'priests' will.

And then he was gone. She gives a slight shrug and goes back to her seat, whistling lazily for the next one of the caravan.

**************************************************************************

"Oit, you want your answer or what?" the Outrunner shouts at the very odd man. She stands up from her seat and takes a few steps over. "Just because I''m collecting your orders does not mean that you have me wait on you too."

She folds her arms and waits for him to return. The light filters through the leaves and dances upon her stern face.

"It surrounds it, on three sides. It has already extinguished two village torches on the edge of the land. There are rumors of monsters waiting to be unleashed, they have limited ships as many have already left carrying the civilians. They will be trying to defend on three fronts, their circle is weak in comparison to the circles of the mainland. I would estimate that that if the Mist launches a full assault, they will not last very long."

She considers the second question a while before answering. Tapping a finger against her chin.

"Well, likely they will need resources, and experienced mages to try and bring any ritual circles back to life should they find any. They would need to ensure the path they carve is held open, should the mists attack the entry point and strand those pushing out. The City is strong and capable however. They have a lot of faith as a people so I am not too concerned about the city itself."

She laughs at the question regarding Forbidden Knowledge.

" I am no powerful mage nor magic user. I know that the Silurian Circle has been re-enforced by Silver. Afaica has sent a team of Mages to assist with the island. It either needs more power from the network or to have other protections laid around it. Stronger laylines maybe? I don't really know the exact answer."

She goes back to her seat and puts up her feet.

"Anything else?"
Resident Plot writer.

User avatar
nathan
I Remember the Rejection
Posts: 990
Joined: Thu Apr 05, 2007 10:22 am
Location: Dover

Re: Outrunner Rest.

Post by nathan » Thu May 23, 2019 8:19 pm

Buster walks out of the trees with confidence, Asha marching along with him. He finishes to stand by the outrunner.

“Hello, I’m just here to listen for a few clarifications at the moment. I will reconvene with the rest of the Malkon council, along with Asha, later and then come back to inform you of our decision.”

He stays in a relaxed stance but one hand always on his sword hilt.
Currently playing - Buster Hedgeminder, Blademaster and leader of the Malkon.

Partially retired - Pazar, Summer king and king of Fid'Nemith.

FOR DARKWOOD!!
BY CLAW AND BLOOD!!

Jester
Defender of the HOL
Posts: 164
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 4:00 pm

Re: Outrunner Rest.

Post by Jester » Thu May 23, 2019 8:25 pm

an ugly looking sprite flits around the clearing and the people standing in it. It's sharp teeth giving it a jagged smile as it flits just out of reach.

"Abraxys behave yourself" a voice says with faux reproach as if she hadnt sent him in to scout out the area first.

Fickle reaches level with Asha and Buster and stands next to them, waiting to hear the rest of the conversation. "how you both doing" she greets the elves with a smirk.
"Fortune has a fickle heart and a short memory"

IC: Fickle of House Clematis

OOC: Sabrina or Bea

Ginge
I Remember the Rejection
Posts: 592
Joined: Wed Mar 14, 2007 6:59 pm
Location: Dover

Re: Outrunner Rest.

Post by Ginge » Thu May 23, 2019 8:43 pm

The Outrunner nods to the elves as they approach. Her eyes linger on Buster's hand, as it rests on the hilt of his sword. She is startled at the pixie buzzing into the clearing, leaning down to pick up a rock, keeping it palmed waiting for it to circle around again.

When the Fae strides into camp and the gangly creature lands on her she tries to discreetly drop the rock behind her.

"Well, if you want to ask anything yourselves, please, fire away."
Resident Plot writer.

Jester
Defender of the HOL
Posts: 164
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 4:00 pm

Re: Outrunner Rest.

Post by Jester » Thu May 23, 2019 8:57 pm

Fickles eyes land on the human, regarding her with an unnerving smile. It lingered uncomfortably long before she replies.

"im here to pass on the decision of the Gathered Fae" she gives a sidelong glance at the elves to gauge any response.

"they, that is to say, we, have decided that the City of Scholars is where our strengths are most useful..." she looks down at the scrolls the woman had.

"did you need that... written down?"
"Fortune has a fickle heart and a short memory"

IC: Fickle of House Clematis

OOC: Sabrina or Bea

User avatar
nathan
I Remember the Rejection
Posts: 990
Joined: Thu Apr 05, 2007 10:22 am
Location: Dover

Re: Outrunner Rest.

Post by nathan » Thu May 23, 2019 9:04 pm

Buster nods to Fickle as she arrives next to himself and Asha. “I’m good at the moment. We will see how all of this goes. War is always an interesting time.”

He goes back to watching for any new arrivals, occasionally looking over his shoulder.

An audible snort and laugh comes from Buster as Fickle states the interested of the Fae, shaking his head slowly.
“Basing your war actions on the basis of hopes of what might be, rather than holding what we already have. Shame.”
Currently playing - Buster Hedgeminder, Blademaster and leader of the Malkon.

Partially retired - Pazar, Summer king and king of Fid'Nemith.

FOR DARKWOOD!!
BY CLAW AND BLOOD!!

Ginge
I Remember the Rejection
Posts: 592
Joined: Wed Mar 14, 2007 6:59 pm
Location: Dover

Re: Outrunner Rest.

Post by Ginge » Thu May 23, 2019 9:09 pm

The Outrunner tries to maintain the Fae's stare, but before long she has to pull her gaze away from the unnerving eyes and look into the forest.

"Of course, I think my mind can hold that information. Its not like you have hordes of troops to move around..." She gives a little smile. "My condolences."

She reaches into her pocket again pulling out the silver hipflask, giving a little sigh and rolls her eyes. She falls silent when the elf speaks, watching the exchange between them.
Resident Plot writer.

Jester
Defender of the HOL
Posts: 164
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 4:00 pm

Re: Outrunner Rest.

Post by Jester » Thu May 23, 2019 9:18 pm

her smile stiffens but does not falter,

"I believe though the decision was close, we cannot deny our nature." she inclines her head towards Buster. "who knows what could be in the City of Scholars. It could be the very thing that tips the scales. The lands of the Nosque and Silurians are already quantifiable..."

"and we do not war in the same way...." her eyes fall briefly to Busters hand resting on the hilt of his sword "the concept is not favourable to us."
"Fortune has a fickle heart and a short memory"

IC: Fickle of House Clematis

OOC: Sabrina or Bea

User avatar
nathan
I Remember the Rejection
Posts: 990
Joined: Thu Apr 05, 2007 10:22 am
Location: Dover

Re: Outrunner Rest.

Post by nathan » Thu May 23, 2019 9:24 pm

Buster smiles and nods his head, staring directly at Fickle.
“Please don’t worry about the sword, it’s not for you. And I agree with you, there COULD be a war wining weapon or treasure in there. But there is an area of land that risks destroying any defence we have, if it is taken from us.”

He shrugs and smiles
“I will always do what I can to help. Though I will not gamble the lives of allies for a possible treasure. No one knows what is there and those that started this war must have already believed in our strength, or be very stupid. What do you think of our allies, Fickle? Calculated or stupid?”
Currently playing - Buster Hedgeminder, Blademaster and leader of the Malkon.

Partially retired - Pazar, Summer king and king of Fid'Nemith.

FOR DARKWOOD!!
BY CLAW AND BLOOD!!

Jester
Defender of the HOL
Posts: 164
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 4:00 pm

Re: Outrunner Rest.

Post by Jester » Thu May 23, 2019 9:40 pm

"Allies? I was not aware allies of the Fae had put us in this predicament... " her tone had a hint of iciness to it now.

"if you mean those who repeatedly stole from the Etsuko and broke the agreements made..... then, my opinion is not really important at this stage."

The ugly sprite nashed its teeth and with apparently some unspoken command flew away into the forest again.

"i understand your position Buster, but barring perhaps Arthane, we are not peoples of battle. If we were to fight at the front line, we would not last long. There are too few of us left now." her voice had a tone of finality on the subject.

"I hope to see you both soon in any case. Mind how you go."

and she made to leave the clearing, following the trail into the trees after the sprite.
"Fortune has a fickle heart and a short memory"

IC: Fickle of House Clematis

OOC: Sabrina or Bea

Katie
Been here a while
Posts: 89
Joined: Tue Feb 08, 2011 9:38 pm
Location: Dover

Re: Outrunner Rest.

Post by Katie » Thu May 23, 2019 9:45 pm

Asha shakes her head, disappointed.
“Must we play these games? We are at war! Why are we disregarding tactics, intelligence and compassion? Siluria is weak. It is a small island with a barely functioning circle, surrounded, and alone. Do we want to give Etskuo the upper hand so early?
If we do not aid them, the island will be crushed. Do we leave those to die purely for the CHANCE at retrieving artefacts, or small items? Are people’s lives worth so little?!

You may not be a fighting people Fickle, but there are those that travel alongside you who would help. Are we not a team? Have you not fought alongside those that travel as the Free People?

We, us and you, may not be part of this war. But you are part of this world, and if you go chasing after the chances of tipping the imagined scales, you throw any chance you have of rebuilding to the ravenous wind.”
IC:
Asha Smoothleaf, Leader of the Malkon.
Defender of the Trees.
Head of the Healer's Guild.
"Who's this chucklef**k?"

OC: Katie

User avatar
nathan
I Remember the Rejection
Posts: 990
Joined: Thu Apr 05, 2007 10:22 am
Location: Dover

Re: Outrunner Rest.

Post by nathan » Thu May 23, 2019 9:51 pm

“Well then perhaps the mistake is mine. I had assumed that all travelling in this caravan were allies, without exception.”

Buster raises his voice as Fickle begins to leave, but no anger is obvious in his voice.

“I really hope for all of our sake that the city is worth more than the island. Though they should be warned that they receive no support.”

“You’re not required to fight on the front lines. War takes all kinds of people and that is why me and mine will always stand before yours, you mind should be stronger than your arm. Think on that!”
Currently playing - Buster Hedgeminder, Blademaster and leader of the Malkon.

Partially retired - Pazar, Summer king and king of Fid'Nemith.

FOR DARKWOOD!!
BY CLAW AND BLOOD!!

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests