Another Day in Afacia City.

Moderators: jony, Adam

Rob2
Hero of the Heard of Lands

Another Day in Afacia City.

Post by Rob2 » Tue Jun 25, 2013 9:26 pm

Inside the Sunken Afacian, the fire roars large in its hearth, keeping the faint chill of the night away. Small groups of towns folk cluster in various corners, muttering to each other.

There is a palpable tension in the room, across the whole city, a tightness that seems to fill the air itself, as if creation was taking one last gasp of air before the plunge, rumours abound. The city only has a single days food left, Dilandau has fled the city, Heiligtum assasins are stalking the streets even now, Magnus is a Vampire, hundreds of people, men, elves, dwarves, have all just vanished, something terrible lurks in the catacombs, children exposed to this ritual magic are starting to show strange aspects, Arkarne has forsaken the city, Port Maris was destroyed by the Leno - to give a reason for this war... The swirl of rumors goes on filling the small tavern with noise.

Into this space walks Danik, collecting his usual order from the barman, the Nosque crosses the bar and sits at a rapidly emptied table by the window, placing three sealed envelopes on the table in front of him, he leans back in his chair, takes a swig from his mug and waits, listening to the rumors around him.

The perfect moment was screaming towards them like a freight train now, the moment of Triumph, Tragedy, the moment was approaching so fast that even the idiots in the tavern had noticed, in their own dull way. The big Nosque waited, it was almost time, and there where a few more questions they would want to ask, before the moment came. Absently, he muses to himself over who will turn up first.
Gold for the Mistress, Silver for the Maid,
Copper for the craftsman, Master of his Trade,
True said the Mage, sitting in his hall,
But Iron, Cold Iron, Master of them All

Smileygoth
Sleep never fell upon his eyes; but he kept sure watch always

Re: Another Day in Afacia City.

Post by Smileygoth » Tue Jun 25, 2013 10:05 pm

Into the tavern walks a very dusty and weary-looking fae in green leather armour. As Etain walks down the central aisle toward the bar, conversations falter and the townsfolk fall silent, some eyeing her suspiciously, others warily keeping their gazes averted. Rolling her eyes, she carries on, and the conversations start up again behind her, only quieter and slightly more animated. Only the barkeep looks pleased to see her.

She stops at the bar. "Do you have any cobweb wine left?" she asks him.

His smile wavers. "Um, I'm not sure we do ... It's been a while since any faerie traders came through ... what with the circle closing us in and all ... and your kind are rather thin on the ground these days."

Etain looks unimpressed. "Yes. I wonder why."

"I'll check the cellar for you," the barkeep offers.

"I'd appreciate it."

As he disappears from view, she turns and looks around. The only table that looks remotely welcoming - that is to say, not specifically unwelcoming - is Danik's, and with a heavy sigh she joins him. She gives him a polite nod as she sits, then her eyes unfocus as she stares into nothing, her expression grim.
IC: Sivni, a Lagamoora Goblin.

OC: Tracey. Hi!

Rob2

Post by Rob2 » Wed Jun 26, 2013 12:56 pm

*Danik raises an eyebrow at Etain, noting her reaction to the rest of the room, he chuckles bitterly*

"Don't mind them. They're just frightened and hungry, a state I doubt will change in the next few weeks. They can feel it coming, that feeling you get, like something is watching you. It's very close now, the perfect moment, screaming towards us through the dark."

*Danik stares at Etain briefly, taking in her appearance*

"What on earth have you been upto?"

smallbluething
One Cloudminder forgot

Post by smallbluething » Wed Jun 26, 2013 3:35 pm

Kallista had been sitting quietly in the far corner of the bar, eating a bowl of stew and drinking a mug of black water she had bought with her earnings. She looked up as the green fea entered and was pleased her presence had escaped the majority of the bars inhabitants, unlike the fae's. She had been taking in her surroundings, listening to mutters, trying to get a better idea of things.

*time travel...* she thought *... This time is worlds beyond me... But I will adapt, I've adapted to worse...* she sighed quietly and continued eating her meal while it was still warm *... I should probably find Varren soon...*
Taking a swig of the black water.
IC - Captain Kallista - Degan B'earth Diplomat
She has an attitude, don't take it personal
NPC - Meryl who Peryls - Jareds Right Hand

Smileygoth

Post by Smileygoth » Wed Jun 26, 2013 10:38 pm

Etain looks up at Danik and grimaces.

"I have been out in Darkwood. For two weeks I walked into the wilderness, for the pleasure of watching my kin slaughtered painfully with no way to help them, thanks to the ingenuity of the Heiligtum troops. Then I walked for two weeks to get back. And now I'm back, I'm greeted by angry, resentful mortals whose hunger makes them forget exactly what the circle around the city has been keeping out."

She sighs heavily. "You're right, though. I can feel it closing in. The crucial moment. Or maybe it's the breaking point. One or the other. Could be, they're the same thing. I wouldn't know. There are no books in my head." She casts him a baleful glance, but it's half-hearted. "What have you been doing?"

pat
I Remember the Rejection

Post by pat » Wed Jun 26, 2013 11:27 pm

from one of the tables will get up ,as they finish there drinks during there chat, to the bar " Yes we have better cider"

ordering two pints and taking them back and giving it to the smith he is casually chatting to. "but the city has it lucky compared to the outlying villages. as we were heading to a circle to get back we had to walk for about 2 weeks and the villages we walked past are worse of than us. men, women and children slaughtered or worse, some were herded others run down as they fleaed, the filed and building burned down and the mud soaked in blood. some villages no more the a quarter day walk from the city but they received no help, nothing at all. I hope a lot of them got to the temple of Arcane near darkwood and stayed out of that forest." before chatting about the rumours again.
Dr Ezeakiel of the traveling hospital and star courts

Rob2

Post by Rob2 » Thu Jun 27, 2013 1:02 pm

*Danik shrugs*

"Waiting mainly, giving the odd few people a prod in the right direction, but nearly everything is in place now, well everything I can affect. Went out with the Afacians and the Malkon a little while after you left, Magnus' orders, trying to find some kind of super weapon the red mages had build against the Heligtum.

Made some use of void magic it did, horrible stuff, probably would have killed thousands, on both sides if the fallout could not be contained. Would have ended the war though."

*Danik smirks slightly*

"Unfortunately, it was a bit of a debacle, the weapon was destroyed, the 7th circle Red Mage and the Archpriest sent to watch over us came down with a virulent case of spontaneous combustion, then a church imploded on all 3 of them.

Damn shame really."

Smileygoth

Post by Smileygoth » Thu Jun 27, 2013 8:20 pm

Etain winces. "Void magic. Ugh. We're probably better off without it. It'd be like ... throwing oil onto a fire to put it out.

shunteddd
One Cloudminder forgot

Post by shunteddd » Fri Jun 28, 2013 12:19 am

A heavy, blustering crash vibrates through the building and disappears into the distance outside.
Jake Ellery/672

Wyldefyre:
Fasram~Ullah~Rahim~Baba~Chenned Kea
Skully classic: Resk - Fae- Dean of Agressive Apathy
Previous: Varren Kale, Avatar of Shar-Teel, honourguard to Arkan 3rd- Killed by the Blindness of Heroes

Dan L
Some scrub...

Post by Dan L » Fri Jun 28, 2013 10:37 am

The barman looks up and shakes his fist at the ceiling. He runs to the window, puts his head out and shouts skywards "Will you stop bloody running on my roof you lunatic! If I catch you, I'm going to wring your neck! Barbarian..."
2008-2013. I burned the world and broke player characters.

Now I am just a scrub.

smallbluething
One Cloudminder forgot

Post by smallbluething » Fri Jun 28, 2013 7:44 pm

Kallista looked up as the thud rang through the pub, a few flecks of ceiling fell. She blinked a few times to stop it getting in her eyes then looked down, noticing a few pieces in her stew. She carefully picked out the larger pieces and then stirred in the smaller.

*No point wasting it* she thought to herself, and then took another bite, which was a tad more crunchy than it had been when she bought it. *Oh well* and carried on eating.
IC - Captain Kallista - Degan B'earth Diplomat
She has an attitude, don't take it personal
NPC - Meryl who Peryls - Jareds Right Hand

Smileygoth

Post by Smileygoth » Fri Jun 28, 2013 7:56 pm

Etain chuckles quietly at the barman's outburst. Turning back to Danik, she says, "So who went on this ... er ... exploding church thing? Was that the thing the Afacians went to do? It doesn't sound much like their way of doing things. Last I recall, Father Gregor was ready to stand against an entire unit of Degan B'earth to keep a church standing."

Rob2

Post by Rob2 » Sun Jun 30, 2013 3:18 pm

*Danik nods*

"Yeah, the Afacians, some of the elves too. The church was pretty much gone by the time we got to it, the void had been soaked into the stones of the damn place, luckily they saw sense and I didn't have to take any kind of executive action. As for Father Gregor? I think he's having issues with the Afacian church at the moment, they arrested him on some charges or other when we got back, he's due for trial in a few weeks, I should probably send him some kind of fruit basket. Afacian priests can eat fruit right?"

*Danik chuckles softly, he leans in, speaking slightly softer.*

"Those bloody dwarves are up to something y'know. All of the Heligtum troops are pulling back out into the planes, My guess, especially with all the fae that are being dragged out there, is they've built something big. Big enough to crack the circle-shield around the city I think."

Smileygoth

Post by Smileygoth » Sun Jun 30, 2013 5:23 pm

"You mean the Kirzon dwarves?" Etain nods. "We captured one ... briefly ... while we were in Darkwood. He told Orik that they were advancing on the dwarven kingdoms too. They're not going to leave anywhere undisturbed. If defeating You-Know-Who doesn't stop them somehow, I think we're going to have a very big mess to clear up."

She ponders for a moment. "A device to crack the circle, really? We heard about a device too. We might have a means of getting at it ... speak to Orik. He has a crystal ... ah, he'll explain. But it could save us a whole lot of pain if the Mages' Council are up to the task."

She falls silent for a moment, then frowns. "Wait ... wait a second. Did you say Father Gregor got arrested?!? Why??"

pat
I Remember the Rejection

Post by pat » Sun Jun 30, 2013 5:25 pm

will gets up grabing his bow and quiver. "Your right, if your daughter get any worse and any more people go missing get out. Get packed and keep it ready, portal out to a safe port and head north but stay away Dormar it about to kick off, go to dowie tower."

finishing his drink "What ever you do stay safe my friend" shaking hand befor Will leaves
Dr Ezeakiel of the traveling hospital and star courts