Another Day in Afacia City.

Moderators: jony, Adam

FireHawke
Been here a while

Re: Another Day in Afacia City.

Post by FireHawke » Mon Jul 15, 2013 11:46 am

Moving round the table closer to Danik so she can be heard over the slanging match between fausset and varren. She says quietly, "Danik, if what fausset summaries about magic is correct and we alter when magic is learnt in this world by going back in time, aren't we at risk of undoing some of or indeed all that we have done previously during our time travelling exploits. I seem to recall a lot of magic being used during those adventures not just muscle, a fair bit of that magic from other races not just the faë." She glances around the room, the barkeeper was fixing their table with an open glare. A few others were also beginning to look on in interest at the heated discussion.

Standing up gracefully and fixing both fausset and varren with a stern look. She clears her throat to get there attention. "Would both of you like to keep it down please, no doubt you both have valid points but this is not the place nor the time for this. This city is not the place it once was, unfriendly eyes and ears are everywhere and now more than ever we need to stand together. She pauses to cast a piercing glare at the barkeeper, who hurriedly turns and looks away. "Oh and fausset." She continues returning her attention to the table her expression softening slightly, " would you please stop baiting the lad, I know what your like." Satisfied she has said her piece she reseats herself at the table, knocking back the remainder of her drink before acquiring another.
Oc: Gill Payne
IC: Kalista (Kali), human, hunter

Formally: Letharni, saytr, Female Pack Alpha
Watch out people, she's been let loose with a spear taller than she is.
Nëv (pron N eee v) pronounce the E people!
Free Borne Fäe and courier for hire

shunteddd
One Cloudminder forgot

Post by shunteddd » Mon Jul 15, 2013 11:54 am

"My dear girl, This lad is over 700 years old and has seen and done more than your pretty little wings can imagine. If It was a simple case of him baiting me I wouldn't even indulge in wasting the breath, I'm trying to educate despite some best efforts to the contrary. I am not talking directly to and about fausset but to all of you with the except of Danik and Arin. I am addressing a much larger issue that seems to be plaguing this group of travelers; looking without seeing and thinking without thinking."
Jake Ellery/672

Wyldefyre:
Fasram~Ullah~Rahim~Baba~Chenned Kea
Skully classic: Resk - Fae- Dean of Agressive Apathy
Previous: Varren Kale, Avatar of Shar-Teel, honourguard to Arkan 3rd- Killed by the Blindness of Heroes

Pete
Heard of Lands Veteran

Post by Pete » Mon Jul 15, 2013 12:10 pm

Tyr sighs and speaks loudly with a growl.

"How about you both cool down, this is not the time to be at each others throats, we must stand united not squabbling."

Tyr looks at them both his eyes settling on Varren.

"Next time dont speak to my fellow Elf like that again, hes young and obviously not knowledgeable about Degan"

He sits back heavily in his chair.
Horik, Priest of Elm

shunteddd
One Cloudminder forgot

Post by shunteddd » Mon Jul 15, 2013 12:13 pm

Varren sweeps his eyes to stare straight into tyr's
"Then educate them better before you let them leave your woods, My people have maimed for less."
Jake Ellery/672

Wyldefyre:
Previous: Varren Kale, Avatar of Shar-Teel, honourguard to Arkan 3rd- Killed by the Blindness of Heroes

smallbluething
One Cloudminder forgot

Post by smallbluething » Mon Jul 15, 2013 12:21 pm

- Kallista had barely been paying attention to the conversations going on, but her eyes darted up as she heard Varrens voice. She made no efforts to move, and instead now listened carefully to the conversations, questions and answers. She was pleased that no-one had really recognised or noticed her presence, as she would have been able to make her self known only when it suited her. When conversations got heated towards Varren, she slowly unclipped one of her throwing knives, and held it loosely. Later, she would have much to discuss with Varren, very much indeed. She pushed her empty bowl with her free hand slowly across to the barkeep and gestured for another drink, pushing a coin shortly after -
Last edited by smallbluething on Mon Jul 15, 2013 12:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
IC - Captain Kallista - Degan B'earth Diplomat
She has an attitude, don't take it personal
NPC - Meryl who Peryls - Jareds Right Hand

Pete
Heard of Lands Veteran

Post by Pete » Mon Jul 15, 2013 12:22 pm

Tyr frowns but refuses to be baited.

"Cool the fires in your heart, let them consume you like this and all it will create is enemies, we are all allies possibly friends here"
Horik, Priest of Elm

shunteddd
One Cloudminder forgot

Post by shunteddd » Mon Jul 15, 2013 12:27 pm

"I am as calm as the sky despite my heart a raging fire of divine providence, Just as yours cold."

"all you hear in my tone to these people is dismay. The tone in which you of all people spoke to me is the only time I have showed annoyance.
Last edited by shunteddd on Mon Jul 15, 2013 12:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jake Ellery/672

Wyldefyre:

FireHawke
Been here a while

Post by FireHawke » Mon Jul 15, 2013 12:29 pm

Before she gets a chance to hear what Danik has to say, Varren interrupts. This time Nëv can't help but smile. "A poor choice of words considering most of the present company, we are all older than we look. Least ways my comment was not intended as an insult, you should be flattered that I called you lad, I could call you old man if you prefer, but that would be petty of me." She gives him a wry smile. "And to be honest, what did I really expect, you are Degan after all, arrogance is in your nature. And before your arrogance feels offended this is an observation not and insult, I really have no quarrel with you." She pauses momentarily to take a drink before adding "arrogance is an easy thing to bait and believe me when I say you are being baited." She cast faussett a knowing glance.
Oc: Gill Payne
IC: Kalista (Kali), human, hunter

Formally: Letharni, saytr, Female Pack Alpha
Watch out people, she's been let loose with a spear taller than she is.
Nëv (pron N eee v) pronounce the E people!
Free Borne Fäe and courier for hire

mark
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe...

Post by mark » Mon Jul 15, 2013 12:32 pm

"Your people, Varren?" Tyrel walks over to the table, his entrance unnoticed "Your people have been ineffective for too many years to start bragging now. If you want the respect that you so obviously crave then convince 'your people' to fight well for the right cause." Tyrel takes a drink from the table, most likely Tyr's and takes a swig "And don't issue veiled threats to one of MY people, my friend. It's rude and uncalled for" he smiles before turning to his other friends and offering greetings
Playing Classic: Tyrel Turanion
Widower, warrior, leader.

"We will walk this new world with new purpose."

Wyldefire: Javed Ullah Jasved Ben Laughing Crow "The Drophammer"
Smith

Rob2
Hero of the Heard of Lands

Post by Rob2 » Mon Jul 15, 2013 12:40 pm

*Danik leans in to speak to Nev.*

"No, that won't happen, we're only affecting human magic, and the dragon certainly isn't that. More than that, the very nature of how we travel protects us from the changes we cause. That's why you can remember things that haven't happened."

*Danik turns his head to those arguing, Tyr, Fausset, Tyrel and Varren*

"Gentlemen, sit down, shut up or take it outside, make the choice now this is a quiet, pleasant conversation in a quiet, pleasant Tavern."
Gold for the Mistress, Silver for the Maid,
Copper for the craftsman, Master of his Trade,
True said the Mage, sitting in his hall,
But Iron, Cold Iron, Master of them All

mark

Post by mark » Mon Jul 15, 2013 12:49 pm

"My conversation is pleasant, Danik, so you shut up." He winks "Drink?"

Smith

kit
Passing through

Post by kit » Mon Jul 15, 2013 12:52 pm

Thump, Thump, Thump, click. A door leading upstairs suddenly swings outwards. And a large, green Orc stumbles, awkwardly out of the doorway. The sudden intrusion shocks the patrons, the nearest sloshed and spilled their drinks, one rather small patron even let out a quiet, but commensurable gasp.

Karnak strode past the crowded room brushing past an elf, a fae and a human. and giving Scales a quick nod as he walks by. Before slamming two copper coins on the beer sodden bar. “I’ll have a pint of whatever you got left, barman......, man.” He added quickly, Karnak still having difficulty addressing the human barkeep.

“So Barman....., man. This lot still talking ‘bout the end of the world and all that?” “Well, it can’t get any worse for us, I say.” His voice trailed as he began staring down at his almost empty bag, waiting for more of the talking.
IC: Karnak
Proud Orc
OC: Kit blundell

shunteddd
One Cloudminder forgot

Post by shunteddd » Mon Jul 15, 2013 12:55 pm

Addressing Nev varren says in a friendlier tone of voice.
"For the first time now by someone with more wit than a random handful of our group combined.For that I commend you, but for that I also have nothing more to say to you."

"Ah Tyrel, Where would this conversation be without you eventually joining in. You know full well MY people have done more than enough to earn the respect we demand, In the past and the present."

Looking to Danik varren says
"I agree this conversation has grown tiresome and dull, We really should be getting back to the universe at hand."
Last edited by shunteddd on Mon Jul 15, 2013 1:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jake Ellery/672

Wyldefyre:

mark

Post by mark » Mon Jul 15, 2013 1:00 pm

"Do you want to just flop them out on the table and see who's is bigger or should we just leave it there, Varren? Considering people are trying to drink, I wouldn't have thought the former was a good idea."

Smith

shunteddd
One Cloudminder forgot

Post by shunteddd » Mon Jul 15, 2013 1:01 pm

With a grin varren speak to tyrel

"We can save that for the perfect moment if you like tyrel."
Jake Ellery/672

Wyldefyre: