A brave new world.

Moderators: jony, Adam

Harri
I Remember the Rejection

A brave new world.

Post by Harri » Tue Sep 10, 2013 8:27 am

The brilliant flash that pierces the pre dawn light is the only sign of any kind of gateway between worlds. where once there was nothing, now a group of people stand. Refugees from Afacia, troops from the Dragon's Tooth isles, and in the centre stands the free people. Around them, rolling plains stretch for almost as far as the eye can see. In the far north, after what seems like and eternity of grasslands, the clear blue line of the sea can be seen, the mists rolling above it obscuring what seems to be an endless forest, or perhaps even a city on far away shores. To south and West the grass extends into a wall of mists. To the East, somewhere far off in the distance, a range of black, snow topped mountains rises defiantly into the blue skies, while mist rolls down from them into the plains below. As if in response to your arrival, the sun emerges from behind the mountains. The new dawn light covers the group like a warm blanket, pushing away the chill of the mists and revealing herds of grazing animals who make this plain their home. No matter what this new world will bring, the new day will bring sunshine and new horizons.
Harri - Plot ref for Skully Classic.

mark
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe...

Re: A brave new world.

Post by mark » Tue Sep 10, 2013 8:44 am

Tyrel stands dazed, his insanity having left him as he walked through the gate, cutting of his connection to his burning ritual circle.

"GUIL!" He screams "Guil! By Elm! No!"
Playing Classic: Tyrel Turanion
Widower, warrior, leader.

"We will walk this new world with new purpose."

Wyldefire: Javed Ullah Jasved Ben Laughing Crow "The Drophammer"
Smith

StephenReynolds

Post by StephenReynolds » Tue Sep 10, 2013 10:18 am

Scale finishes patching up Lady S after helping Ember with her surgery when he hears Tyrels scream. Alerted he stands and quickly looks around at the dimished numbers.

"NO! Not like this. BY THE DIVINE SPARK OF THE HUNT I REOPEN THIS PATHWAY!"

Nothing.

"Where are the Fae? Find me some Gods damned Fae NOW!" Scale is close to panic, everything about the last moments of the fight comes puring down on him the Free Peoples trapped, penned into a corner Scale himself invoking his divine power to protect himself desperately fighting to make a beach head for those behind and then nothing. A clock from some form with a staff and he was here tumbled head over heels into the new world. An anxious wait followed as more and more of the Free Peoples had come through battered bloodied and bruised. Scale had been frantically working on patching up the wounded, the injured and the others carrying the sparks that were so key to their past and their future.

So much had already been lost in this fight and now so many of his friends, his allies and his Pack lay beyond the doorway he could not see. Unretriveable and lost...Scale sank to his knees.

CharlieP
I Remember the Rejection

Post by CharlieP » Tue Sep 10, 2013 10:43 am

Lady Solitae took a shuddering breath as her eyes flicked open again. She saw Ember leaning over her and realised she had only been saved by the master surgeon's skills.
"Thankyou, thankyou, I thought I was lost there. Wait, Mori was with me, did he make it? Menal too?" She grabs Ember's bloody hands in panic.
Charlie

IC Lady Solitae Baen Itryn, Calaen Chronicler
OC Charlotte or Charlie, Also seamstress and first aider!

RIP Isthaniya, Cloud Fae,
RIP Lady Madeleine, Healer to the Royal house of Dilandau, King of Afacia

Hamsterbag
One Cloudminder forgot

Post by Hamsterbag » Tue Sep 10, 2013 10:44 am

Fallon Skylar stopped and stared.

It was for a while she simply stood, eyes to the sky and then to the new world that stood around her. A blooded mess, cut, bruised and torn, her armour made to tatters and her will teetering on the edge. Tired, worn, and frightened faces filled the area, searching for those they had travelled with through the mists. Cries of worry, distress and the distinct realisation of the cost that had been made upon this day. The people had achieved escape, they had broken free from the fires of the old world and now they were face with a new one. For a moment she looked upon those who had come through, before her eyes averted and turned to the floor.

Gone. Her kind was gone. The free people were broken and scattered. And there was nothing she could do about it. A sick, bitter truth with the heavy daunting weight upon her shoulders. Then again, even she knew others had that same weight - yet they had others to back them. Fallon rubbed her brow. For a little while she needed to get away, somewhere, anywhere. She needed to think, to clear her thoughts and to understand. The cries and shouts became present, but she did not react to them purely because she did not know how to.

She pushed her way through the people, worming her way through the wounded and the hurt, unable to truly look them in the eye. A shaky hand helped her weave her way out. Through the bodies, away from the close knit congirgration of the free people. Fallon needed space, and once she escaped the heart of group did she simply place a hand over her eyes.
OOC: Jen M, 763 | Main SC: Ensign "Izahia Prussian Von Stavavitch", Hoch Katheder (Southern Alliance) | Past SC: Fallon Skylar, God Queen of the Silurians

"What can I say? Mother taught me to always be greedy."

oldmick
One Cloudminder forgot

Post by oldmick » Tue Sep 10, 2013 11:04 am

Fuassett sits quietly to one side completely drained from holding the wyldefire back from the portal, he was contented that even a few extra lives saved would be worth the cost and at least they were safe now never again would they have to face it again well not in his life time and he intends to live for a very long time.

His heart sinks as he starts to hear the list of names of those who did not make it every faction and group have lost people some groups almost totally gone it will take time to rebuild but at least in a new world we should have some rest bite, time for the wounds to heal.

He takes out his pipe and slowly draws it back too life then he starts sending small rainbow coloured smoke rings into the air
IC: Faussett
High Mage
The gods are dead and lets keep it that way

OOC Mick 161

Kitty (Retired)
Lord Rotten (Retired as I was bored)
Sharpie (Retired as I was bored)
Grim the ogre (Retired as I was bored)
(I get bored very easily)

Alison
Defender of the HOL

Post by Alison » Tue Sep 10, 2013 11:18 am

The remnants of the Order of the White Rose had gathered some distance from the portal to read Eloise's last letters.

Lissa had watched as the three young men came to terms with what had happened, unhesitatingly taking the responsibility that had been passed to them. It isn't fair, isn't right - they should not have to take such a burden yet - but she knows that they will and that they will be equal to it. Isaac will follow in his family's footsteps and his men, for such they have already pledged themselves to be, will follow him. The tears for their fallen had not dried on their cheeks before they started planning what they would do, how they would fulfil the Order's purpose in this new world, how they would be worthy of those who came before them.

Feeling suddenly desperately old, lonely and tired as she watches them, Lissa turns away and sits down alone to reread her letter. Eloise's last message asking her to 'look after them all, love them and mother them' tears at her. It would be easier, so much easier, to go back to being alone, to not caring. Better that than risk such pain of loss again.

After a few moments she straightens up and wipes her eyes. She has promises to keep and a duty to perform. When she first offered her service to Eloise she promised that 'What we started in Heiligtum, we will see through to its end, be it bitter or sweet.' And it has not yet ended. Afacia may have burned but some of its people have survived. That escape that her friends gave their lives for must not be allowed to go to waste. The refugees need shelter, food, water. Arrangements must be made.

And the young men whom Eloise has entrusted to her also need care, lest in their grief and desperation to be worthy, they neglect their own welfare.

She needs to find out what resources they have, make sure things are shared equitably, that people are cared for. Lissa tucks the letter away carefully and stands - there is work to be done.
Classic IC: Hrafnhildur Eriksdottir of the Iron Ravens
RIP Mere, fae of wood and water
RIP Lissa of the White Rose
Wyldefire IC: Nasreen ullah Ardshir ibnu Jau'an Shaghal

Kainzthemage
Been here a while

Post by Kainzthemage » Tue Sep 10, 2013 11:34 am

-The sounds of the battle still roared inside Kainz's mind as he stood in the grassy plains his throat ached from calling out For Dorin and Orik to hopefully step through to the new world. He had called for there names Countless times, they have survived before when all seemed hopeless but they managed to survive. But nothing. Kainz managed to Save Havedra barely with his own life intact, but hearing her cry's of anger and sadness he felt numb. the green fields he was in seemed colorless the wind against him he could not seem to feel. His clothing damaged and torn from the battle.

"We survived, I survived. Why am i here? They should be here, i should have died"

-All he could think right now was he should have done more he should have died to save the others, he fell to his knee's and slammed his fists into the ground with Rage and guilt his magic exhausted if he did try and save the rest of what he called his family he would of died with them...but something he would of been happy with than this feeling of Despair.

-A few moments past of silence as he would soon stand wiping his eyes to wipe away the tear's but their were none. Kainz didn't think much on this as he looked around, He would Hold off his grief and his Hatred for now as this was not the time. But what could a Low level mage do in this New world?
IC = Kainz Soulzin. Water mage in the Mage's Council, ! of 3 Founder of the "Order of Storms"

OOC = David Currie (always happy to help)

Vorlaith
Been here a while

Post by Vorlaith » Tue Sep 10, 2013 1:47 pm

Vor dry's his still stinging eyes, and looks around. Afacia's lands are destroyed, it's leaders gone. It's heroes consumed by unholy fire. He knows there is much to do, and the people come first.

'I saw Akarne die' he says to those last few around him, 'and yet at the last, Gregor pleas for Aid were answered, and Akarne's power brought his hero's back from the brink and saved dozens of precious Afacian lives'. 'Akarne must still be with us, some how, and we must do all we can to bring him back'

We... he thinks to himself, I think I am the last member of the church left alive... resolve giving way to despair, before Lissa's steadying hand grabs Vor's shoulder, and he shakes himself out of. 'Time for self pity later' he scolds himself.

'First I'll see to our Brothers and Sisters, across the field' he says to the Rose 'though not of Akarne's flock, they look as weary as we and we'll need to be closer than ever if we're to survive the trials to come'.

Vor hears Tyrels cries of anguish, and heads over to him first.
IC - Vorlaith
OC- Glenn, but not THAT Glenn. =D

lilamber
Been here a while

Post by lilamber » Tue Sep 10, 2013 4:15 pm

So this was it, this was their precious new world.

Ira looked around, so many lost for the sake of this untouched land. Sinking to the ground away from everybody else she ignores Scales when he calls out for fae and sits silently taking a moment to remember the people she'd had to say goodbye to. Although her magic was drained she mustered up the strength to send a single flame dancing into the air, her own private ritual of goodbye.
Ira
Fae of Flames
Member of the Mages Guild

OOC: Amber

mrmike
Defender of the HOL

Post by mrmike » Tue Sep 10, 2013 8:08 pm

Mori works his way through the crowd, clothes stained in blood and mud, daggers lost, face ashen, hat freshly dusted off.

"I'm alive Lady Solitae, Elm be praised. Menal is ok and somewhere in all this from what I hear. It seems we get to live another day, which I was not really expecting"
Mori:Malkon Mage. Council Member. Tea Drinker. Hat Wearer.

CharlieP
I Remember the Rejection

Post by CharlieP » Tue Sep 10, 2013 10:02 pm

"Elm be thanked. And Tyrel and the others?" There are so many milling around the now vanished portal that Solitae cannot see those she is looking for from where she is on the ground.
Charlie

IC Lady Solitae Baen Itryn, Calaen Chronicler
OC Charlotte or Charlie, Also seamstress and first aider!

RIP Isthaniya, Cloud Fae,
RIP Lady Madeleine, Healer to the Royal house of Dilandau, King of Afacia

Noverogi
One Cloudminder forgot

Post by Noverogi » Tue Sep 10, 2013 10:29 pm

There was a clatter of shields, a clang of swords, he shouted out once more to come this way looking down he saw a bleeding Faye beside a Nosque with his last ounces of ferocious strength he hefted the lithe Faye and tossed her into the portal then it was the Nosque turn bigger and heavier he lugged and almost rolled him through before the grasping force of the portal took him in, Wolfgang turned to continue fighting people still needed to be saved another image from the fade appeared before him another threat he drew his arm back ready to cut this one down as well before he felt a tug he turned to find part of himself in the portal being dragged in.

Darkness

What followed was a stumble, a drop too his knees and a feeling of dread then vomit, looking down staring at the grass below him he spat catching his breath before rising, he looked around at the world before him, a new one, one given too him by the sacrifice of his closest friends and dearly loved, he was alone again.

He took in what was going on around him, and began to work forward, he rested a hand of Tyrels shoulder for a moment acknowledging him for a moment, to the remainder of the white rose he looked too, he counted their number knowing others were not to be counted, he would talk to them another time, everyone else was mourning their losses, he had losses but not the time another time they would be mourned right now somebody had to hold it all down and get to work making sure a new home was ready to accept them all, he dropped his shield with a loud clang revealing an arm black with bruising and cuts, the other cut and shredded with blood, he left a trail of blood as he walked on through the crowd.

He finally made his way too the top of the hill and rested against the spear of his fallen god, he caught his breath he smiled before he finally broke in tears but he would not drop too his knees tears running down his face he heart was a wreck and breath a stuttering mess.

But he would still stand and not fall.
Wolfgang Le'Sung
To pay the price of a Hero is to give up your humanity
To walk my path is to know guilt, sadness and heartbreak
So let my legend be a warning to those aspire to be heroes

Alison
Defender of the HOL

Post by Alison » Tue Sep 10, 2013 10:55 pm

Lissa, with her armour hanging in tatters and still with open wounds from that last desperate sortie Faussett enabled back through the portal so they could try - but fail - to retrieve the others, wounds that overlay other barely healed ones that Isaac had hastily tended after pulling her unconscious body through the portal the first time not realising they might not be able to get back to the battle, starts to move among the people, attempting to take stock of the situation.

Suddenly she spies Scale, slumped on his knees. She hastens towards him fearing from his position that he may be grievously wounded, may have made it out too late. Coming closer she sees that he lives after all, and slows as the dread of the news that she must impart and that she is likely to receive weighs her down. But no, that is cowardice, her old friend is alone and suffering, how can she leave him there now?

She closes the final few steps and drops to her knees beside him placing her arm about his shoulders, but can find no words for him as yet.
Classic IC: Hrafnhildur Eriksdottir of the Iron Ravens
RIP Mere, fae of wood and water
RIP Lissa of the White Rose
Wyldefire IC: Nasreen ullah Ardshir ibnu Jau'an Shaghal

Jester
Defender of the HOL

Post by Jester » Tue Sep 10, 2013 11:15 pm

Havedra in a state of confusion, barely felt herself being dragged through the portal. The sound of advancing warriors still fresh in her ears, her last memory being one of searing pain in her leg.

It was Kainz that had pulled her out of the fray, and into the hands of a healer who was now tending to the mutilated flesh. "Orik" panic filled her senses and she roughly pushed the healer aside. standing suddenly she dashed back to where she had been brought through the portal. "Orik!!!" it was her own voice she heard, screaming his name. It was him she thought of as she paced back and forth, reopening the wound on her leg, not feeling the pain, or the blood now pooling at her feet.

Havedra stopped pacing. She stood, waiting.

Waiting for Orik.
"Fortune has a fickle heart and a short memory"

IC: Fickle of House Clematis

OOC: Sabrina or Bea