A brave new world.

Moderators: jony, Adam

smallbluething
One Cloudminder forgot

Re: A brave new world.

Post by smallbluething » Wed Sep 11, 2013 9:53 pm

Kallista stared. All she could see and hear was the fighting and screaming from the previous moments. Over and over she played it.

She had seen Ethan, checked several times that he was still there. She had even plowed into the mists to grapple him back to the group. She had seen the remaining Northmen, no longer under her contracted service but they had been good to her, so she wanted to look out for them, at least to the new world.

"That last push..." she whispered to herself.

*"we have to push forward! everyone needs to fight!" and with that everyone pushed forward, and fought. Kallista had charged in, slicing and stabbing at the apparitions. Several went down... A tug at her arm, and she moves, one last look towards Ethan and then he is gone. Fields, rolling and vast. The screaming stops, and the fighting stops. But not in Kallista's mind. She relives that moment, and stares into the space where Ethan, Fletcher and Brewer had been.*

She moved, and felt something move by her side, a bag, heavy, and damp. Another whisper "You bastard... You knew..."

And then continues staring, paying no mind to the goings on around her.
IC - Captain Kallista - Degan B'earth Diplomat
She has an attitude, don't take it personal
NPC - Meryl who Peryls - Jareds Right Hand

CharlieP
I Remember the Rejection

Post by CharlieP » Wed Sep 11, 2013 10:23 pm

Lady Solitae looks over Mori's list, smudging the page with bloody fingerprints, "Elm's strength, so many gone?" She stifles a sob and visibly musters herself, "we should see to the living first, enough time to mourn the dead later. Have you seen Heather and the baggage train? And where is Tyrel? He's going to need us now the madness has passed, I'm not sure how much he comprehended last night." She staggers to her feet with Mori's help, straightens slowly with a wince and then looks for the rest of the Malkon.
Charlie

IC Lady Solitae Baen Itryn, Calaen Chronicler
OC Charlotte or Charlie, Also seamstress and first aider!

RIP Isthaniya, Cloud Fae,
RIP Lady Madeleine, Healer to the Royal house of Dilandau, King of Afacia

Vorlaith
Been here a while

Post by Vorlaith » Wed Sep 11, 2013 10:49 pm

As Vor reaches the other survivors Brother Michael's voice reaches his ears, the comforting words of Akarne begin to sooth Vor and bring a measure a calm, concerns about being the last of Akarne's priests dissolve, and knowing he has someone to share that burden with, brings hope.

Glancing at Wolfgang, Vor see's another hero of Afacia, one he still doesn't know, but someone he can depend on to do the best for the citizens under his care selflessly. Another sparkle of hope, a Priest, a Hero, yess... we will rebuild.

But where to start. Others need time to Morn, but even in these past few moments, Vor's training kicks in. Combined with the hope that those around him bring, he sets aside his grief, and looks to the future.

He changes direction, leaving Tyrel and his kin to their grief for a time, and heads over to Wolfgang.

'Paddy, we have dozens of civilians in need of Aid, do you know anything of this place? Where we might seek shelter? I'd go scout myself but it could take time, time our people may not have.'
IC - Vorlaith
OC- Glenn, but not THAT Glenn. =D

DarkShadowia
Been here a while

Post by DarkShadowia » Wed Sep 11, 2013 11:44 pm

Rising to his feet after having been patched up by one of the many healers Edgar rises up "So this is it, I never imagined I'd see it".

After giving his most sincere thanks to the healer, he spots the funeral pyre a short way away and begins to make his way there. Saying nothing he simply sits and remembers the old world and those who did not make it here.
OC: Stephen
IC: Prof. Edgar Rostonburg

jamy
Defender of the HOL

Post by jamy » Thu Sep 12, 2013 12:20 am

The song began to die away, and with it Brans anger. He began to pay attention to his surroundings again, and listen to the rumblings of more than one belly. Watching his brothers form makeshift bows out of wood they had fetched, he nodded and picked up one of the finished ones. It was rough and ready, and wouldn't kill beyond 5 meters, but it would do for small game. Turning to what remained to the chosen people and raised his voice over the murmur.

'Ah am goin' to find solice in huntin'. Those quiet enough can join me on the hunt.' He looked out for any friendly face he could see, someone to join him in quiet companionship. Spotting Fallon he wandered over, and nudged her gently.

'Come on Fallon, ah could use yah nose.'

Standing up, he paused once again, looking at the various killing weapons on his belt. His hand shook as he undid the belt, but he let his weapons drop to the floor, and didn't look back as he walked away.
There's 30 silver, on the drum. For those who will agree to come, to fight with Northerners today! Over the hills and far away...

Hamsterbag
One Cloudminder forgot

Post by Hamsterbag » Thu Sep 12, 2013 6:25 am

Fallon stood to the side whilst the others mourned, the distinct nagging feeling that she should not wander too close. The nudge from the Northerner - Bran was it? - however drew her attention onto something. There was a blink up at the giant of a man. A chance to get away was presented, and one she did not turn down.

"Woof?" Even in the darkest time there was an element of sarcasm with a wiry smile, "Yes. Hunt. Quiet. Good idea." She kept her daggers with her whilst she made off after him greatful almost there was something she could try and do now. Let the people filter around their champions and heroes, begging and pleading for advice as to what to do next without her being an observer.

So with quick steps she went after Bran.
OOC: Jen M, 763 | Main SC: Ensign "Izahia Prussian Von Stavavitch", Hoch Katheder (Southern Alliance) | Past SC: Fallon Skylar, God Queen of the Silurians

"What can I say? Mother taught me to always be greedy."

Skye
Defender of the HOL

Post by Skye » Thu Sep 12, 2013 9:31 am

Ember knelt beside where she had performed surgery on Lady Solitae tyring to peiece together what had happended. She remembered leading the chant, that their faith in Elm, in Greenman and in Darkwood pushing the mists back with every step they took forward but then... she couldnt remember what happened, something changed and their was a crush of people... someone had grabbed her arm, pulled her through the prtal. She wanted to go back, unable to do anything but watch and pary that her friends anad allies followed picking up and healing those who only just made it...

Now is the time to be strong, Elm may be dead but he was not gone, wrapping her hands around the edges of the cloak she now wore she prayed for the strength to carry on in the face of so much loss, "In our faith you are alive and for as long as we believe you will never truly be gone, it is you that gives me the strength to forge our place in this new world and we will forge a place for you to return to" Shutting her eyes a single tear rolls down her cheek and then as if finding a renewed strength she sits up straighter opens her eyes and she knows, "In Elms name... we are blessed"

Standing up she looks around, looks for the Malkon, for her friends and for her allies... too few made it through... too many lives were lost in the mists but those that made it, they needed to be strong and she tried decide how, if at all she help those around her
IC: Lady Ember Edhel'er
Keeper of the Trees
Head of the Healers Guild

Noverogi
One Cloudminder forgot

Post by Noverogi » Thu Sep 12, 2013 10:54 am

He takes flint and tinder and beings to work on igniting the pyre, he looks up too Vor as the fire catches and slowly beings to burn “We need to gather more than just afacians, we need to gather survivors of all race and creed” the fire finally full catches as it begins to burn “For us all too gather and realize and let sink in what has happened”

He lowers his voice to something softer, kinder “Vor we need to realize from this point on Arkane is dead and we need to accept this, all children bury their parents in the end, and so we have buried him and now from here on we’re no longer children but adults and this new world is a chance to do something right to make Elloise, Duncan, Gregor and all of those left behind who are just memories proud of what we could do”

He pauses “But for now, all of you rest to breath eat and drink remove the trappings of a soldier and recover” the fire now burns away Wolfgang looks too it “Spread a message around talk to the others I burn now a funeral pyre for Everyone to mourn the lost, come the rising of a new sun we begin a new stage in life.
Wolfgang Le'Sung
To pay the price of a Hero is to give up your humanity
To walk my path is to know guilt, sadness and heartbreak
So let my legend be a warning to those aspire to be heroes

Smileygoth
Sleep never fell upon his eyes; but he kept sure watch always

Post by Smileygoth » Thu Sep 12, 2013 11:31 am

A black-clad figure separates herself from the refugees and walks over to Kallista. Without a word of warning, she lifts her hand and slaps the Degan B'earth soundly, once, across the face.

"Snap out of it, sister!" she barks. "We do not show weakness before them! We are strong! Pull yourself together and make your gods proud!"

The woman before Kallista is short and skinny, barely more than a girl, her armour dusty and tattered, her arm cut deeply and blood still running from a wound to her head, yet she looks at her with fire in her eyes. She bears the markings of the warrior caste on her face.
IC: Sivni, a Lagamoora Goblin.

OC: Tracey. Hi!

smallbluething
One Cloudminder forgot

Post by smallbluething » Thu Sep 12, 2013 11:57 am

The sudden strike pulls Kallista from her thoughts. She is stunned, and raises her blade, until she sees the small Degan B'earth and hears her words.

"You are right, their deaths are not for nothing! It is a time to rebuild!" lowering her weapon.

A new fire rises in Kallista, a look of determination. She surveys her surroundings, those who got through and the new world they had created, that Caleb had helped to create.

Her attention snaps back to the small figure before her "Your name?"

lilamber
Been here a while

Post by lilamber » Thu Sep 12, 2013 12:27 pm

Forcing herself out of her self pity Ira rose to her feet. Her dress was torn and blood trickled from a cut in her leg but she ignored it casting her eyes around, examining the people that had made it to the new world. So many were wounded, some barely able to move but they lived and that was something. A smile came to her lips when she saw Faussett relaxing out of the way, puffing on his pipe as if he had merely taken a long journey through the ritual circles, not held open the portal to a new world.

Humming a song she remembered from nights in the juicy apple with Lirael she began to move towards the fire. Musing on why so many people called upon their gods at this time when they had watched them die so recently.

'Time to rebuild' She whispered to herself gazing into the flames. 'Then I will find a way back to Faerie, back to my true home.'
Ira
Fae of Flames
Member of the Mages Guild

OOC: Amber

Smileygoth
Sleep never fell upon his eyes; but he kept sure watch always

Post by Smileygoth » Thu Sep 12, 2013 12:33 pm

"Kevralyn," the girl replies. "You?"

She pauses and adds, "And where in all the worlds are we?"
IC: Sivni, a Lagamoora Goblin.

OC: Tracey. Hi!

NicNic
One Cloudminder forgot

Post by NicNic » Thu Sep 12, 2013 1:22 pm

First there is a small rustle, followed by a larger, more urgent one. Swiftly the rabbit bounds from a bush, ears flat, panicked. It stops for a moment, upright, uncertain, shocked by the the gathering and before it can make a sound decision where to flee, jaws close around its neck, sharp and tight.

The stoat-kin, wraps his hands around the rabbits body, jaw sunk into it's flesh and, once the rabbit ceases twitching, he give a please trill and proceeds with his meal.
Ic: Leikkisä

Previously: Ehiru – ullah – Aos Bru – daee - Theena – Sidhe (Wyldefire)
Tuathal (Skully)

smallbluething
One Cloudminder forgot

Post by smallbluething » Thu Sep 12, 2013 2:03 pm

"Kallista"

She stops to think of her answer to the second, but then decides to ask a question of her own.

"How did you come to get here? Are there any more of our people with you?"

Vorlaith
Been here a while

Post by Vorlaith » Thu Sep 12, 2013 3:14 pm

Vor nods and hears the wisdom in Wolfgangs words, and although in disagreement with Akarne's current state, now is not the time.

'You are right of course Wolfgang, I'll be sure to let everyone know.'

'Wolfgang, i'm going to join the hunting party, gathering any Afacian citizens who can Hunt also, and see what water, food or shelter we can find. If we aren't back within 4 hours, consider us lost. I don't know what to expect out here. Sir Isaac leads the Rose now, although I think he's preoccupied at the moment, so if there is anything that you need of us may I humbly recommend speaking to Lady Lissa.'

Jogging on towards Bran and Fallon, ' Ho, Hunters, If you could wait a moment, I'll gather what woodsmen and hunters I can from the Refugee's to assist us, if you'd like the company. If you need some space, then my apologies for imposing'
IC - Vorlaith
OC- Glenn, but not THAT Glenn. =D