New World Encampment.

Moderators: jony, Adam

User avatar
smallbluething
One Cloudminder forgot
Posts: 394
Joined: Tue Feb 28, 2006 12:05 pm
Location: Folkestone
Contact:

New World Encampment.

Post by smallbluething » Sat Sep 14, 2013 10:33 am

As Kallista approached the camp and felt she was far enough away from the group, she sighed deeply and stopped. Rubbing her temples, she ponders.

*What happened to my life? When did it all get so complicated? New Worlds? Dead Gods? Divine Seeds? Pah, I need to stop moping, this isn't getting me anywhere*

A deep inhale of breath, a look of resignation and she enters the camp, it wasn't much, a small set up, which she was sure would so expand when the others made their way.

Kallista headed to the stream, and knelt down beside it. Cupping her hands, she swept up the clean, clear water and drank, it tasted different, sweeter than the water from Afacia. After taking her fill, she swept up another cupful and draped it over her head and neck. The sun was beating down and it seemed high, so would last a while. And who knows how long days lasted here?

She took another look around, trying to find a face around she recognised...
IC - Captain Kallista - Degan B'earth Diplomat
She has an attitude, don't take it personal
NPC - Meryl who Peryls - Jareds Right Hand

_________________
OOC - Josie / Blue (690)
Formerly - Bluebell ~ Fae Spirit of Florum ~ Hostess of the Juicy Apple

mickeyin
I Remember the Rejection
Posts: 720
Joined: Wed Sep 02, 2009 5:24 pm

Re: New World Encampment.

Post by mickeyin » Sun Sep 15, 2013 2:36 pm

A few minutes after Kallistas arrival, Le'Sar could be seen inside the camp. A few Illinari would be scattered here and there, most of which are bewildered and not sure what to do with themselves. The stronger willed few are going around, trying to organise tents and blankets for everyone, trying to keep up spirits and all that.

"Kallista?"

He had to make sure she got here ok, plus he was just doing a quick headcount to make sure all of his people were there and there had been no...mishaps should we say.

A few Illinari would smile at him, they knew him, but these new people, how would everyone react? Them to the Illinari and the Illinari to them.
Smurfs are a way of life...

OOC: Matt...or it or whatever people usually wanna call me

IC: Le'Sar ^^ R.I.P Bastian

User avatar
Skye
Defender of the HOL
Posts: 188
Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2011 3:48 pm

Re: New World Encampment.

Post by Skye » Mon Sep 16, 2013 4:19 pm

No longer carrying Ara Ember emerged from a large group of refugees from Darkwood and headed towards the carts that had been brought through the portal. Quickly passing the first few she stops at fourth cart and begins to rummage. With a satisfied smile she lifts up the tattered brown blanket that covered the carts supplies and finds a stock of bandages, tools and ominous looking surgical equipment. If used wisely there was enough, just, to deal with those who had not made it through the portal in one piece.

An ever growing group of wounded had begun to form in the centre of what would be the new encampment and she noticed a few runners tending to those they could. With a quick pause to cover the cart back up she strode over and caught a clearly exhausted healer as he hurried past.
"We're going to have an influx of wounded soon as they reach the camp and we can't carry on like this" as she gestures towards the swarming rabble of wounded and unwounded alike, "infection will spread and more importantly all the healers will be run ragged until there no use to anyone".

Pausing she gets the attention of a few more healers, "Do you know who I am? ... Okay good then this is what I need you to do" Addressing a young badgerkin who had been ferrying supplies, "In that cart over there is a large canvas pavilion - find some friends and get that set up as quickly as possible, somewhere away from the main crush of refugees we'll use that as the field hospital." With that he rushed of and having grabbed some stragglers began to unload the canvas.

Turning, Ember examined who was there, a female elf whose eyes continued to flit nervously towards the gathering mass of wounded, a sturdy looking child of Akarne whom she recognised as a surgeon she dealt with before in Afacia and several more of mixed races had joined the group behind them. She asked the elf to take half the group, organise supplies, work out some makeshift beds for those who needed one and organise the collection of clean water, "We don't have much so use what we have sparingly and keep it as clean as possible".

Finally she looked toward the human, "I apologise I do not remember your name but I remember we met once in Afacia? “Samuel m'lady". "I need you to separate the wounded, move them to the hospital when it’s ready. Only families or one friend is to go with them, there will not be much space and we need to give the healers as much room to work as possible. I am not letting people die unnecessarily from their wounds after fighting so hard to get here. I was impressed with what I saw in Afacia, you're a good surgeon - you're in charge. I will do what I can to help but I have other things to be seen to once the hospital is set up. If you need my assistance send a runner, I will send whoever I can your way to help”

Ember stayed as the hospital was set up and the wounded directed towards it. Some were carried on makeshift stretchers slung together from cloaks, others by their friends and those few who could walk supported each other but there was a steady stream of people and more followed as each new group reached the encampment. Helping where she could Ember based herself inside the hospital, the healers, previously running around desperately trying to do what they could with such little provisions now worked together as a team regardless of race, age or ability - the hospital although crude was functioning as well as could be hoped. Satisfied that the Sam was proving a capable and efficient leader she left the hospital and headed back into the encampment.
IC: Lady Ember Edhel'er
Keeper of the Trees
Head of the Healers Guild

mickeyin
I Remember the Rejection
Posts: 720
Joined: Wed Sep 02, 2009 5:24 pm

Re: New World Encampment.

Post by mickeyin » Mon Sep 16, 2013 8:15 pm

Noticing the emergance of a large amount of people, it wasn't long before most of the Illinari would be hiding themselves away out of fear of these new comers, they didn't want to upset anyone by walking around being all undead and everything, but what else could they do.

"Right, I am having none of this..."

This wasn't what Le'Sar wanted, he wanted a unified front, but at the same time he understood where they were coming from. Now was the time to speak up.

"Ember, sorry for the interruption but I have a bunch of Illinari who can help, but they are scared how people will see them. Still, if you want them, they can be of service. I believe one or two know the stitching ways and the others are resourceful."

His voice would waver a little bit after looking back at his people, he didn't want to force them to do anything, but if they didn't do anything they would just be overlooked as always.

"Ember...please..."
Smurfs are a way of life...

OOC: Matt...or it or whatever people usually wanna call me

IC: Le'Sar ^^ R.I.P Bastian

User avatar
smallbluething
One Cloudminder forgot
Posts: 394
Joined: Tue Feb 28, 2006 12:05 pm
Location: Folkestone
Contact:

Re: New World Encampment.

Post by smallbluething » Mon Sep 16, 2013 10:21 pm

Hearing her name from a familiar voice, Kallista turns to see the Illinarian, but by the time she had turned, his attention was elsewhere with what she assumed were his own people.

Kallista ambled into his direction, he seemed to have the angle of the camp, and so the best person to talk to about spacing. Although many had been talking of unity, she knew if more of her own people appeared, they would want a space of their own.

Getting closer, she sees Ember, taking charge and addressing healing needs. This sparks Kallista's memory in her own new skills.

"Ember, as you know, I now have some healing ability, did you wish to enter into a contract? It would seem you could use some assistance" She stares at Ember, hoping that her meaning got through. "Oh", turning to Le'Sar, "And what would you recommend as a space for my people to set up camp? Of course, redemption will be made, as we are wanting a specific plot of our own."

Kallista showed no sign of emotion, she needed to show strength if she was to lead. She still wanted to help where so could, however.
IC - Captain Kallista - Degan B'earth Diplomat
She has an attitude, don't take it personal
NPC - Meryl who Peryls - Jareds Right Hand

_________________
OOC - Josie / Blue (690)
Formerly - Bluebell ~ Fae Spirit of Florum ~ Hostess of the Juicy Apple

mickeyin
I Remember the Rejection
Posts: 720
Joined: Wed Sep 02, 2009 5:24 pm

Re: New World Encampment.

Post by mickeyin » Mon Sep 16, 2013 10:37 pm

Still a bit shaken up but everything, he saw Kallista and suddenly thnigs were going a bit fast. Ember was busy with her healers and here he was blathering on. Yet still, an idea formed.

"Make a contract with me."

It might work, it might not but it was worth a try.

"I contract you to heal these people, my payment to you? A plot of land. Fair? Fair."

Hopefully this would alleviate some of Embers strain as she could get around to her own business.
Smurfs are a way of life...

OOC: Matt...or it or whatever people usually wanna call me

IC: Le'Sar ^^ R.I.P Bastian

User avatar
smallbluething
One Cloudminder forgot
Posts: 394
Joined: Tue Feb 28, 2006 12:05 pm
Location: Folkestone
Contact:

Re: New World Encampment.

Post by smallbluething » Mon Sep 16, 2013 10:48 pm

Embers attention seemed to be taken by the tasks at hand, and so Kallista turned her attention fully to Le'Sar. It made more sense, in her mind, to contract with him, it had been his initial plot.

"That sounds reasonable." Kallista looks around, and sees an area just off to the West, close by a stream, flat enough that several tents can been made without much hindrance, and far enough away from the other tents so that her race had the choice of privacy. She points in its direction, "That area, would one of your race please cordon it off so that nothing else gets put there until others of my brethren arrive?"

Kallista then looks around, and sees the triage that Ember is beginning to create, and moves herself towards someone who is more injured. When the man sees her face and markings, he flinches. "I have been contracted to help, do you wish me to heal you?", after a second, he nods apprehensively. Kallista looks over the man, a large bleeding wound on his leg which looked like it could be infected, and his arm was bent at a funny angle. "Right, this will hurt, brace yourself" and not giving him a second, she pops his arm back into place. The scream is loud, but Kallista ignores it and carries onto the leg. *at least he can focus on the pain in his arm instead of these stitches... Unless this leg is too infected...*
IC - Captain Kallista - Degan B'earth Diplomat
She has an attitude, don't take it personal
NPC - Meryl who Peryls - Jareds Right Hand

_________________
OOC - Josie / Blue (690)
Formerly - Bluebell ~ Fae Spirit of Florum ~ Hostess of the Juicy Apple

User avatar
Skye
Defender of the HOL
Posts: 188
Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2011 3:48 pm

Re: New World Encampment.

Post by Skye » Tue Sep 17, 2013 9:23 am

Facing Le'Sar Ember smiles, "Of course any help your people can give would be greatly appreciated! If any of the other healers have an issue with it they can bring it up with me and I will promptly tell them where to put it".

More seriously though she puts her hand on his arm, "this is a new world already we see the races working better together: if they want to help and are able to I will happily give them a job to do. Any of those with knowledge of healing can go see Samuel, he is running the hospital for me - a stocky Human, brown hair one of the healers will be able to point him out, tell him that Ember has sent them to help tend the wounded. If anyone has any problems they can come find myself, or you if they would prefer and you can let me know"

She’s aware however that only a few of the Illinari would having healing knowledge so mentally tracks round the camp and hospital for where else they could help, "Any others willing we’re setting up triage just over here" she says pointing over to where Kallista has headed. “We need people to fetch clean water, wash bandages, help transport whose who need it to the hospital and general fetching and carrying… They're not the nicest of jobs I know but we could desperately do with the extra hands"
IC: Lady Ember Edhel'er
Keeper of the Trees
Head of the Healers Guild

mark
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe...
Posts: 2662
Joined: Fri Jul 13, 2007 10:47 pm
Location: Ashford

Re: New World Encampment.

Post by mark » Tue Sep 17, 2013 10:05 am

Tyrel enters the makeshift hospital and looks about. So many wounded. Time to put his skills as a master surgeon to good use.

"Ember, who is most urgent?" He asks while washing his hands in a bowl of water
Playing Classic: Tyrel Turanion
Widower, warrior, leader.

"We will walk this new world with new purpose."

Wyldefire: Javed Ullah Jasved Ben Laughing Crow "The Drophammer"
Smith

User avatar
Skye
Defender of the HOL
Posts: 188
Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2011 3:48 pm

Re: New World Encampment.

Post by Skye » Tue Sep 17, 2013 10:26 am

Hearing name Ember swivels on the spot, upon seeing Tyrel she looks visibly relieved, “Oh thank Elm we’re desperate for some more master surgeons. Out front here we have basic triage the further you move into the hospital the more serious the injuries. The most severe are in the back of the hospital to keep them out of the bustle as much of the possible." Rushing through her words Ember hastily gives the overview arms pointing vaguely in the direction she was speaking of.

"I’ve just sent in a young elf, blonde hair – she was trampled by her fellow refugees in the crush to escape, broken bones, internal bleeding… you’ll see for yourself, it's not pretty. ”
IC: Lady Ember Edhel'er
Keeper of the Trees
Head of the Healers Guild

mickeyin
I Remember the Rejection
Posts: 720
Joined: Wed Sep 02, 2009 5:24 pm

Re: New World Encampment.

Post by mickeyin » Tue Sep 17, 2013 10:33 am

A sudden calm wave washed over his being, everything was falling into place as it should have been from the very start. People working in harmony, it would take a while but it would happen.

"Thanks Ember..."

He placed his own hand onto hers and felt her warmth, soon all would feel this warmth and the new world could truly begin.

"If people have a problem, they can talk it out with the both of us, you on the point of healers, me on the point of they are my people."

With a smile he would get up and return to Kallista

"We can go over the details in a moment, but I am sure I can accommodate you my dear."

Now, back to the Illinari. It would take a moment to walk over to where they were hiding, some huddling together but a few were curious and looking out at the people.

"Now, I've had a word with the others, but it's my turn to talk to you. I don't expect you to do as I say, and I'm not going to force anyone to do something they aren't comfortable with. What with the mind being split recently I daresay I even understand what's going on. Still, these people need your help. If anyone can heal others, please can yu go assist, they need bandages, ater and all sorts of things gathered as well. Again, I'm not going to force anyone to do anything they don't want to do, but if you could help..."

"It would show we aren't monsters...right?"

A small girl, looking no older than 10 was the one to speak. Her hair was falling out and her skin needed to be restitched here and there but she was still a little girl.

"Indeed my dear. We are more than this, you are more than this, it will take some time but still. Do not be discouraged by their words. They are scared as you are, everyone is in the same boat together and we can help better it, not just for us but for everyone."

A few murmured words of doubt arose, but the young girl was the first to go outside, grabbing a water bucket she would take some clean water from the river and start making her way over to the healers. She was the first and soon a few would leave, one healer and a few gatherers. Yes some stayed behind, but hopefully they would soon join in.

"Right...my turn..."
Smurfs are a way of life...

OOC: Matt...or it or whatever people usually wanna call me

IC: Le'Sar ^^ R.I.P Bastian

mark
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe...
Posts: 2662
Joined: Fri Jul 13, 2007 10:47 pm
Location: Ashford

Re: New World Encampment.

Post by mark » Tue Sep 17, 2013 12:24 pm

"I'll see to her first then." Tyrel nods

He walks through the lines of wounded, the screaming and the dying. He'd been on too many fields of battle for this to distress him now. He had a task to do.

Eventually he arrived at the foot of the pallet where the girl Ember mentioned was laying motionless. Her limbs were clearly broken and the pallor of her skin did not bode well. Tyrel kneeled down next to her. So young.

"Little one, I know you can hear me. I am Tyrel. I am going to fix you. Elm will need his children to be strong, a I know you have it in you to keep fighting. You're in the new world now, and I will set you on the path to your new life. You walk in Elm's light, he holds your hand and will guide you back to us"

Tyrel rests his hand on the girls chest as he calls upon his divine power. With a glowing light the girls limbs mend, he colour returns and she opens her eyes.

Tyrel sits for a moment, his power drained.

"Rest here for a while, child. Sleep." He smiles "You are safe."

He looks about him once more. The rest would not be so easy.
Playing Classic: Tyrel Turanion
Widower, warrior, leader.

"We will walk this new world with new purpose."

Wyldefire: Javed Ullah Jasved Ben Laughing Crow "The Drophammer"
Smith

CharlieP
I Remember the Rejection
Posts: 567
Joined: Wed Jul 08, 2009 3:38 pm

Re: New World Encampment.

Post by CharlieP » Tue Sep 17, 2013 4:37 pm

"Here, my Lord, tea, you'll need to keep your strength up." Lady Solitae is in a new dress, hastily thrown on, since her previous dress had been in bloody tatters after her own surgery. She pushes the cup into Tyrel's hand, it's warm and sweet smelling.

"If you're up to it there's another elf, a mage I think, 3 beds that way." She points with her elbow, hands busy with the other things on her tray, more tea, bandages and surgery tools."Crush injuries mostly and magical exhaustion, you're probably best to deal with that."
She bustles on to the next healer to see if she can help there.
Charlie

IC Lady Solitae Baen Itryn, Calaen Chronicler
OC Charlotte or Charlie, Also seamstress and first aider!

RIP Isthaniya, Cloud Fae,
RIP Lady Madeleine, Healer to the Royal house of Dilandau, King of Afacia

mark
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe...
Posts: 2662
Joined: Fri Jul 13, 2007 10:47 pm
Location: Ashford

Re: New World Encampment.

Post by mark » Tue Sep 17, 2013 4:51 pm

Tyrel nods his thanks for the tea. He walks and takes a look at the injured Mage. He feels for a pulse, which is slow and erratic.

"The exhaustion will have to recover by itself, we haven't found a leyline yet. I can splint the limbs and bandage.....wait..." Tyrel leans in close and places his ear to the mans chest.

"I think there may be internal complications. I'm going to need some equipment. Scalpel, bandages, whatever we can find. Where is Fenton? He has an anatomy kit, that should do it."
Playing Classic: Tyrel Turanion
Widower, warrior, leader.

"We will walk this new world with new purpose."

Wyldefire: Javed Ullah Jasved Ben Laughing Crow "The Drophammer"
Smith

dantony
One Cloudminder forgot
Posts: 336
Joined: Fri Jun 11, 2010 8:44 pm
Location: Tenterden

Re: New World Encampment.

Post by dantony » Tue Sep 17, 2013 5:05 pm

Fenton walks into the tent and assess's the room. He walks over to Ember and fishes out a small brown bag full of healing equipment out of his pouch. He motions them to Ember and looks around to see if there is anything for him to do. He is only doing what his pack leader told him to do, so he is going to help with the healing.
OOC - Daniel Thripp

Current Character - Fenton - Wolf Beastkin - Piety

Beta of the Pack, Member of the Malkon, Member of the New World Trading Company, Member of the Armourers Guild

"You loo' fabulous darlin'"

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests