In and Around the Juicy Apple

Moderators: jony, Adam

mickeyin
I Remember the Rejection

In and Around the Juicy Apple

Post by mickeyin » Thu Jun 11, 2015 4:37 pm

The Juicy Apple had been shaping up much more as time went on, she had been learning from t he other buildings and in turn her shape and size would shift to match the wonderous sites before everyone. The streets were rebuilding themselves back to their full splendor and the Apple wasn't going to be outdone. Her colours would change, more stools and seats grew on the inside and soon she was as glorious as she wanted to be, which was just a little bit more than everything else around her.

"Seems to be shaping up...but you know we will be moving soon, yes?"

The building didn't move or really respond, but he could feel a small twinge in his head that felt as if she was getting a little miffed. She had just finished prettying up herself and she had to move?! Again?!

"It'll be ok..."
Smurfs are a way of life...

OOC: Matt...or it or whatever people usually wanna call me

IC: Le'Sar ^^ R.I.P Bastian

Hamsterbag
One Cloudminder forgot

Re: In and Around the Juicy Apple

Post by Hamsterbag » Thu Jun 11, 2015 4:53 pm

The last few days felt akin to a dream, unreal and some thing she expected to wake up from at any give moment - to have reality replace it with fire, pain, death and agony. But such a fate did not come, and for that she was grateful. What was known as image of Gregor was now adorned in stone and served as the new face of Akarne, with it came celebration, a time of joy and merriment - more so with summer upon them.

Fallon, however, could not help but feel intimidated by it all. So, in action the Silurian decided to take refuge in the Juicy Apple, a place that seemed to play mimicry to the city and its changes yet still held the old familiar nature. She dipped her quill tip into the ink vial, a disheartening clink sounded as tip met glass - it was running out. With a crease of the brow she gently swirled around the residue and plastered the nib in the remains and turned her gaze to her writing book. Lists were being formed, names of the various Silurians' within the caravan, the various few stores that were remaining and what was needed to be replenished - she had no doubt the Quartermaster was doing the same. There was also the issue of their settled folk; who would be staying and who would continue onwards? And then, finally, there was the matter of where they would next go. While it had briefly been discussed with the few it was still difficult to give a definite answer.

Her left hand gave a grope towards the cup of port, patting its way across the bar surface but unable to find purchase - while the right continued to work upon her notes. The brow gave another raise when the bar shuddered and changed once more before letting out a sigh, "Excitable today?"
OOC: Jen M, 763 | Main SC: Ensign "Izahia Prussian Von Stavavitch", Hoch Katheder (Southern Alliance) | Past SC: Fallon Skylar, God Queen of the Silurians

"What can I say? Mother taught me to always be greedy."

mickeyin
I Remember the Rejection

Post by mickeyin » Thu Jun 11, 2015 5:43 pm

"Eh?"

Le'Sar hadn't actually noticed anyone was in the bar at this time. He thought most would be with their people celebrating...a thing he would never be able to do again...

"Ah, Fallon! I see you have a new coat...oh, um yes. She does that at times. She always has to be the pretty one after all."

Hamsterbag
One Cloudminder forgot

Post by Hamsterbag » Thu Jun 11, 2015 8:05 pm

"Gonna pull up a drink at all Le'Sar?" Fallon gave the man a nod back, the hand finally finding the cup and the fingers tapping against it to fill the momentary silence

"Yes, a new coat. Very comfortable coat," she gave a brief smile, "Of course! A fabulous bar for a fabulous tender, no?" She merely offered the comment there, "Even if she is presently quiet. Though, I have no clue on how long that would last." Fallon lowered the quill, "Did I speak up at a bad time?"
OOC: Jen M, 763 | Main SC: Ensign "Izahia Prussian Von Stavavitch", Hoch Katheder (Southern Alliance) | Past SC: Fallon Skylar, God Queen of the Silurians

mickeyin
I Remember the Rejection

Post by mickeyin » Fri Jun 12, 2015 10:03 pm

"A drink? Not whilst I'm on duty heh, but help yourself."

He tops up her cup before he moves on to the next part.

"Bad time? It's been hard to find a good time so grab whatever time you can get my friend!"

Hamsterbag
One Cloudminder forgot

Post by Hamsterbag » Sat Jun 13, 2015 6:51 pm

"No fun," Fallon booed, teeth flashed in amusement as she raised the cup in thanks, "But help myself at your request I shall. Just be aware I am a light weight and you may have to peel me up from the floor after a few." She took a sip, "Time, that illusive mistress that we want more of the less we have. This time was too close. And the previous..." her voice trailed off, gaze darkening, "Got to admit, I don't like what we did before this. Nor do I like what others almost chose to do. But that's the past, just got to make sure it doesn't happen again." The hand moved again, dipping at the ink and clinking in thought, "Where do you think we're heading next?"

Necron
Passing through

Post by Necron » Sat Jun 13, 2015 7:08 pm

Llamus Deterii stumbles into the Juicy Apple, apparently intoxicated, after knocking a chair over pushing past some locals he gets to the bar and reaches over to grab a drink
Looking battered and bruised he mumbles to himself..

"Today".
"Today has been a long day."

He raises his cup, nods his head and looks over seeing that he is not alone

"Silurian girl...."

He fully drinks up, and pours another.
Following this he thrusts his dagger into the table and rests his head in his hand
(Current Player)
Llamus Deterii
Archon of Degan, Envoy to Prince Nikara, Keeper of the Sacred Books

"Once you know the depth of your contract with our lord, then can you begin to comprehend the purpose of our creation" - Llamus Deterii

mickeyin
I Remember the Rejection

Post by mickeyin » Sat Jun 13, 2015 11:54 pm

"Hah! Don't worry, I won't let you get too drunk, where would be the fun in not remembering anything?"

Although the next few things did cause a little bit of panic within himself. The drunken Degan B'earth placed a knife into the bar. A knife in to The Juicy Apple herself....oh god...

He dashed over and removed the knife from the table immediately, whispered a few words and the wood would wrap itself back up good as new. Good thing about being an Earth Mage he supposed, still she wouldn't be happy about this.

"Please! There is a sign by the door saying no weapons allowed! If there isn't...well there should be...but please, don't wedge a knife or anything into The Apple...she gets upset."

Hamsterbag
One Cloudminder forgot

Post by Hamsterbag » Sun Jun 14, 2015 7:01 am

"Too good of a drink minder you are for me, many thanks."

Fallon eyeballed the Degan as he swayed in, seemingly attempting to make presence and achieving so - though not in a positive manner. She tutted and swirled the contents of her cup round, "Don't do to other peoples things that you would not want done to yours." Still Le'Sar seemed to have the matter in hand. She gave him a nod, Long day indeed and longer to come, Degan Boy." She raised her cup then, "Let us just enjoy the peace while we can."

Necron
Passing through

Post by Necron » Sun Jun 14, 2015 1:27 pm

Seeing his dagger removed he looks to the individual who removed it, nodding apologetically,
He then glances at the Silurian girl.

You dont happen to have the burning essence of your god 'Sil' to hand do you?
.....I would imagine not....
Then perhaps you can understand my frustration, for peace will be hard to attain for our people.
But enjoy 'your' peace while it lasts, I hear all is well with the Afacians and Silurians now.

He pours another drink.

Ill drink to that beautiful girl...
(Current Player)
Llamus Deterii

"Once you know the depth of your contract with our lord, then can you begin to comprehend the purpose of our creation" - Llamus Deterii

David of Shea
Heard of Lands Veteran

Post by David of Shea » Sun Jun 14, 2015 6:14 pm

A heavy hand slaps down on the Degans shoulder, and fingers dig into his shoulder.

"Hey, friend." A voice growls behind the Degan, low and threatening, like a wolf about to savage a foe. Hot breath whistles past the Degans ear, far too close for comfort. "Call her a pretty girl again and I will break you. She is a priest of Sil, and deserves your respect first and your silence second, especially if you can't be bothered to remember her godsdamned name. Are we clear, Ash Maker?"

Bjorn releases his grip and stalks away to pull up a stool next to Fallon. He slams a drinking horn down on the bar top, a wide grin on his face.

"Barman! Mead! And Port for Fallon! And food if you have it!" He laughs. "Today we should be celebrating an allies fortune, and our peoples good fortune!"

He turns to Fallon, the wide grin still there. He places his shield down at the foot of the stool and pats his axe.

"And no fear. This will stay at my belt as long as the Ash Maker doesn't do anything stupid."
Now playing: Ult Ramarine, Professor of Unusual Geography, University of Hoch Katheder.

"To say we cannot is lazy. We cannot do this, we cannot do that, we cannot know this. I know that we can."

Hamsterbag
One Cloudminder forgot

Post by Hamsterbag » Sun Jun 14, 2015 6:58 pm

Fallon for the most part chose silence, eyes glancing between the two men as she searched for a social cue on whether or not it was indeed a good idea to speak- and if so how? Not that she seemed to do so as Bjorn made his presence known with a growling murmur barely pricking at her ears. She knew the context at least merely letting her lips curl and the fangs flash as she watched, before at last letting out a low clap, "And it is good to see you as well Bjorn, I see the fighting has not dulled you just yet."

Chin resting in her hand she drained the rest of her cup before slamming it down upon the bar surface.

"Who is our exactly? The collective whole of us who are not Afacian?" her hand swept among them in gesture to the greater whole, "Or just your people Deterii, the Degan? And it depends on your definition of well. If you mean having a warm fire, food to eat and the simple act of surviving then my people are well. If you mean the act of rebuilding the past, a mighty metropolis rich in silver, a trade hub larger than any ever seen, warriors of strength and a mighty ruler on the throne... let us just say we have made only a drop in the ocean on such an ideal." She stared into the depths of her empty cup, "I shall say I partially understand - though not completely. I am not you, nor are you I - thus I would not expect you to completely understand the issues that grace my shoulders. So, I have learned to accept patience and to allow myself to adapt in nature to the circumstances - just as the rest of my kin must."

Fallon gave a shrug, "But, no matter how one looks at it we have a victory. We have not died, we have breath in our lungs, made stronger bonds and with our perseverance we have been rewarded - even if it is not directly." She went to reach for the cup then - before remembering it was empty. Turning her attention to the other Silurian she spoke up, "How is your armour, do you require I to look it over for damage?"

Necron
Passing through

Post by Necron » Sun Jun 14, 2015 7:48 pm

His skin is hot to the touch as you place your hand upon his shoulder.
Clenching his grip he cracks a smile and takes another sip of his beverage.

'That will be all'

He places a copper on the bar

'For the damages'

He walks over to where Fallon and Bjorn are sitting and he leans in to speak

'Respect is earnt, and I saw you do this on the battlefield, as did I, respect shall be mutual? Of this I truly hope, being the High Priest of Degan and guardian to the legitimate son of King Arkan III himself... I apologize for anything I may have done to upset you....yourself.'

He turns to Fallon clicking his neck in the process

'Fallon, High Priest of Sil, You have my apologies too...I mean never to offend you.'
'I bid you both a good eve, enjoy your celebrations.'

Ilamus smiles and exits the bar
Last edited by Necron on Sun Jun 14, 2015 8:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
(Current Player)
Llamus Deterii

StephenReynolds

Post by StephenReynolds » Sun Jun 14, 2015 8:01 pm

The door slammed open abruptly the noise from the outside world briefly reaching into this place of quiet. The wood creaked in protest.

'Sorry old girl.' Scale mumbles quietly to the air having become accustomed to how the Apple was kind of but kind of not alive before closing the door more gently than when he entered.

He walks towards the bar noting those around him include Llamus looking drunk, Bjorn looking well...angry? Or maybe drunk...or both? And of course Fallon who Scale had always found hard to read, she was just Fallon. Scale then dropped himself onto a stool at the farthest, darkest end of the bar away from the other Free Peoples.

'I doubt you've got anything strong enough to affect me Le'Sar so anything as simple as water for a thirsty traveller?' Without awaiting a reply Scale pulls open his bag and starts rummaging through it before dropping some an assortment of parchment on the bar in front of him and begins to start leafing through it. Moving some pages forward or back a few, crossing through lines here and adding new notes there.

mickeyin
I Remember the Rejection

Post by mickeyin » Sun Jun 14, 2015 8:13 pm

"All shall have their fill, but I shall not be one to give someone more than they needed. No throwing up in The Apple of course!"

But before he coyld mention anything to the Degan B'earth he had left...

*Sigh* "I think he meant well...but no weapons or heated words in here please! It is a place of merryment...or it's supposed to be..."

He tried to put a little hint of humour in his voice but different people heard things in different ways.

"Ah, but food first! Then to the drink!"

He turns and winces a little as the door slams open, but he calms down after Scale apologises. Soon he would be back with meats, cheeses and bread on a platter and soon a drink or two would be passed out.

"Anything for you Scale?"