And The Caravan Moves On ....

A place for in character roleplay
asm03
Passing through

Re: And The Caravan Moves On ....

Post by asm03 » Sun Mar 01, 2015 1:06 am

Suran wrapped her cloak tighter around her as she trudged through the mud near the rear of the caravan. She needed time to think and to decide where her future lay.

She could still see Scale’s face as she told him about what had happened in the City of Scholars....how his expression had changed from anger to disappointment and then to grief at the devastation that had rocked the Pack. He had just stood and listened to it all, the visions of Kargath & Crash, Wake’s actions and the murder and finally the loss of Rainbow. He had just stood there, not saying a word or moving a muscle...which had been almost unbearable. She wished that he had lashed out and cut her down in a fit of rage and grief for that is what she deserved, then she would not have to bear the burden of failure that now wracked her - but he had just stared at her and then walked away.

She looked up and saw Scale and some others talking to Mae; she was glad that Scale had found her and that she would be safe now. Seeing Mae reminded her of Rainbow and how the little Zunicorn had instantly made friends with the frightened ratkin. She wiped away the tears that started to flow down her cheeks and flipped up the hood of her cloak so no one would notice.

She had been a fool to think that she could count herself as one of the Pack, let alone be a Beta. She wasn’t one and didn’t understand how they thought or reacted. Kargath would have known what Wake was going to do and would have stopped him, but she hadn’t. She was human and needed to be with her own kind...but the Afacians now hated her and the Pack for murdering one of their own, so she had no place with them. The Northmen and Dwarves had headed into the mists looking for mountains, so it was too late to go with them...so she had nowhere to go.

She took a deep breath, asked Green man for guidance and then decided that for now she would have to stay with caravan as they needed her - she could fight and she could heal...so she had value. She didn’t care where they were heading because wherever it went death and destruction would follow them.

Eventually they would find somewhere safe where they would settle. Once everyone was safe she would go ...... after all, this planet was created by Dirus and he had never harmed her.

IC: Suran Arcus

OOC: Andrea (766)

Small does not always mean weak
!

mickeyin
I Remember the Rejection

Post by mickeyin » Sun Mar 01, 2015 2:12 pm

Le'sar would look over to Suran, wave his hand and a bunch of flowers would sprout. He didn't know what was going on in her head but hopefully he could help somehow. She wasn't the only one in this group who didn't have anywhere to go. He wasn't even technically human and didn't feel he fit in with anyone else but with Ira. Even though they were constantly surrounded by people, it was easy to feel so alone.
Smurfs are a way of life...

OOC: Matt...or it or whatever people usually wanna call me

IC: Le'Sar ^^ R.I.P Bastian

StephenReynolds

Post by StephenReynolds » Sun Mar 01, 2015 9:14 pm

Scale involuntarily smiles at Le'Sars comments, probably the first smile he has given in the past few days.

'Didn't realise I as held in such high regard Le'Sar.'

Scale turns back to Mae and gestures at his chest.

'Scale.' He pauses unsure how to phrase the next part but he's pretty sure from what Suran had said that Mae was at least partially aware of what was going on. 'Pack Alpha.'

He was aware that Mae might not understand that part it depended on how much Rainbow has managed to get through to the newly found Beastkin. Which got Scale thinking of Rainbow...dammit...Crash first, now another young one. Why whenever he wasn't around did the young ones do something foolish? That was unfair. Both Crash and Rainbow knew exactly what they were doing, assuming they didn't was an insult to their memory.

At some point he was going to need to talk to Suran.

asm03
Passing through

Post by asm03 » Sun Mar 01, 2015 11:23 pm

Suran gave a small smile and nodded her thanks to Le’sar for the flowers. It was a small gesture of kindness that lifted her heart a little, and reminded her that he too was suffering the loss of Rainbow.

Everyone in the caravan had lost someone dear to them....it hurt so much and she wasn’t sure if she could take any more.

For now all she could do is keep walking....
IC: Suran Arcus

OOC: Andrea (766)

Small does not always mean weak
!

StephenReynolds

Post by StephenReynolds » Tue Mar 03, 2015 9:55 am

'Erm...excuse me...Mr Scale?' a rather timid looking man approaches the small group gathered around Mae. 'I has a letter for you. Strict instructions to only give it to you. Gave my word I did.'

Scale almost repeats the line he has one hundred times before until something stops him. Barely visible under the man's thin hand is the seal...A wax seal of Dwarven script...

'Thank you.' Scale quickly pulls a small herb out of his bag. 'It's not much payment but it will help keep you healthy.' He hands it to them man before taking the letter. The man graciously takes the herb and looks at it confused. 'Add it to a broth.'

After the man walks away Scale stares for a few seconds at the letter before using one of his claws to peel away the seal. He quickly scans over the words within, mercifully written in common, and quietly whispers to himself.

'Thank you...'

Smileygoth
Sleep never fell upon his eyes; but he kept sure watch always

Post by Smileygoth » Tue Mar 03, 2015 12:38 pm

Mae smiles. "Pack!" She lifts her arm to display a bracelet of woven moss nestled in her thick fur. "Yay, Pack friends!"

She looks around at those gathered, her expression turning quizzical.
IC: Sivni, a Lagamoora Goblin.

OC: Tracey. Hi!

MarcLucy
Been here a while

Post by MarcLucy » Tue Mar 03, 2015 10:33 pm

After having walked ahead after the big scaley one turned up jackson had decided to remove his long coat, try and let some of the encrusted blood from their escape wash off.
As he walked he heard 'Scales' called out, he stopped to see what was happening, then realised how foolish he had been.
He had seen the word written in the book thirrion had left behind after his death, he had thought it related to a receipe or something.
Jackson slung his coat over his shoulder, he looked a mess, but no time like the present. He walked back to wear Scales was and waited for a moment to approach him.

"Excuse me, are you scales, and if so d'ya have a moment?"
IC - Lord Axa'rein or Jackson Shrike (Same character just different names)
Aethling of Nosque
Head of Armourers - New World Trading Company

OC - Marc Lucy

StephenReynolds

Post by StephenReynolds » Wed Mar 04, 2015 12:06 am

Scale turns his attention back to Mae briefly.

'I am glad they treated you kindly in my absence. I am the leader of the Pack...is there something wrong?'

A man Scale recognises approaches and addresses him.

'I am Scale. I'm a little busy at the moment but if its quick?' Scale hesitates before realising he might as well get go the point. 'I'm sorry I know we have met several times before but your name escapes me.'

MarcLucy
Been here a while

Post by MarcLucy » Wed Mar 04, 2015 8:53 am

'You seem to be a popular person so i'll make it quick' jackson says with a tired smile.
'Thats not a problem, My name is Mr Jackson Shrike, im with the New World Trading Comapny, and with the sad passing of Thirrion, i guess that makes you the new head of the Alchemist Guild... if your interested'
Aethling of Nosque

OC - Marc Lucy

StephenReynolds

Post by StephenReynolds » Wed Mar 04, 2015 2:58 pm

'Thank you Jackson. For the moment I'll take charge of the Guild until we can sort ourselves out.' Scale takes anything offerred and puts it in his bag. He goes to turn away before realising how rude he seemed.

'Thirrion and I were never close becuase our paths always took us different ways, but he became so much more than he started out as. He became a strong and valued leader of people and that is what we need right now. I will mourn his passing and I am sorry he is gone. You have big shoes to fill my friend.' Scale gives a smile to Jackson as an attempt to reassure him.

centricofafacia
Defender of the HOL

Post by centricofafacia » Wed Mar 04, 2015 3:50 pm

Gronn follows the pack, head hung down to escape the glares of the people that would have him dead.

He hold a single candle in his palm, letting the wax burn down and drip onto his palm. Looking at Fenton, Gronn starts to consider the crafts in which he is already learning, and if they are right for him.

He looks back down to the candle, and carry's on walking.
IC: Gronn: Fighter of the Pack.

R.I.P centric, mage and loyal afacian

"Yeah but it's okay because you love it really!" *Scratches behind the ear* "Welcome to the beastkin experience"

Kainzthemage
Been here a while

Post by Kainzthemage » Wed Mar 04, 2015 4:54 pm

-A several moments had passed since Fallon parted ways with kainz he was thankful for her offer of assistance but prefered to be alone, he had not seen of his fellow Order of the strom comrades for some time and wondered if they were okay. he noticed those around and began thinking maybe it was time he started to focus on rebuilding Afacia.. and if the free peoples decided to head to the empty city maybe there can be some hope and maybe it would be time for him to remain and help those who stay behind.

-Kainz had been focusing in recovering his mana back even as he walked it took alot longer than meditating but he no longer felt exhausted just thirsty he went to his side and removed the water container he had with him. and using his magic he began to create clean water and place it inside the container. he had to keep busy focusing on what was lost right now would eat him up so he would begin going around to offer filling up empty containers and add clean water inside for now that is all he can do he felt-
IC = Kainz Soulzin. Water mage in the Mage's Council, ! of 3 Founder of the "Order of Storms"

OOC = David Currie (always happy to help)

MarcLucy
Been here a while

Post by MarcLucy » Thu Mar 05, 2015 9:51 am

'The Guild is yours to do as you please sir' Handing him a small book and a bag of herbs and bottles.

Jackson listens to Scales words of advice, the weight of his situation fully bored into him.

He smiled back "I've come this far from nothing, and ive not come this far to fail now i hope i do those shoes justice, Scales, thank you for your words"

He bows slightly and excuses himself, wandering off into the caravan.
Aethling of Nosque

OC - Marc Lucy

StephenReynolds

Post by StephenReynolds » Sun Apr 26, 2015 11:01 pm

'I don't know how many times I have to tell people this...I aint no sir.' Scale gives a wry smile back to Jackson as he wanders off.

MarcLucy
Been here a while

Post by MarcLucy » Mon May 18, 2015 7:39 pm

The weeks have passed by slowly, the weather finally changing, the warmer days and nights doing much to raise Jacksons spirit.
As he walks through the caravan, trading here, talking there, bumping into familiar faces, and learning new ones, the fact that the caravan would be making camp soon, and not just for a day, made him visibly happy as he searched on through the caravan for anything of use.
Aethling of Nosque

OC - Marc Lucy